All moves are not created equal. This is an important concept that every professional mover is all too aware of. There are household moves and commercial moves. There are local moves and international moves. And as mentioned in previous blogs, it is vastly important to understand all the terminology that might be used in the wording of your moving contract. The following are terms that have to do with how far you want your moving company to take you.
An important thing to understand about your move is exactly how accessible your entrances and exits are to the large moving trucks that your company will be using. You can always measure this yourself or find out from your real estate agent. A Long Carry charge is the fee added when your movers have to carry items an “excessive distance” between the truck and their final destination. If there is no driveway access or temporary parking is unavailable on your street, you may incur fees that you weren’t expecting. It is important to check with each company to find out exactly what their allowance is in distance before they start to charge a Long Carry fee.
The Operating Authority is the name given to a certification officially administered by either the state or national government. This regulatory documentation authorizes professional movers to transfer goods from one place to another and is usually defined to a specific geographical area or region. While there are 4 main kinds of Operating Authorities, it is most vital to make sure that your preferred mover is licensed to move your home of office from point A to point B. This becomes especially important for long distance moves where you will be crossing state or national lines. Asking questions about this kind of regulation on the front end, can not only help you to select an appropriate mover, but can help you to avoid extra charges and complications during your actual move.
- We consider these responsibilities “tips” that will make your office move with Exodus go as smoothly as possible.
- Disconnect all electrical equipment such as computer cables, phone cables, etc.
- Keep all pathways as clear as possible to help the loading process go efficiently.
- Clearly label items, IF an item is not labeled, we will not move it.
- Have blue print(s) available for posting at new location prior to move(s). Layouts will be posted near building entrances, designated unloading areas, elevators, etc.
- Make sure that adequate parking is available for the trucks at all loading and unloading sites. Inform employees of alternative parking if necessary prior to move.
- Make sure alternative phone lines are available (i.e. cell phones) on day of the move if business phones are to be disconnected.
- Pack all boxes full to the top, and tape or close containers before Exodus crewmembers arrive.
- Please remove all items from walls including pictures, mounts, mirrors, etc. if they are to be moved. Be sure to place labels on these items as well. Set aside any personal items and items those do not need to be moved.
- There must be no construction going on where the movers are working or near hallways or entrances that the movers are using.
- Relax! Let Exodus take the worry out of your move.
Please call us at 970-484-1488 if you have any questions pertaining to these responsibilities.
From the moment you decide to move all the way until the day you are settled in your new destination, we are here for you, near far, wherever you are! We take pride in being an independent company and not becoming an agent of large anonymous van line. We also take pride in the name we have received as being one of the best moving companies in Northern Colorado as well as being locally owned. However, don’t be fooled to think that just because we represent Northern Colorado movers that we do not do nationwide moves. In fact, just recently, we unloaded a truck in Portland, OR which was then headed to Edgewood, WA then off to sin city, Las Vegas, NV before ever returning to Colorado. We are constantly loading trucks and sending them to different places for different people and different reasons.
Let’s just put it this way, our trucks get around… In a good way of course! Whether you are moving to Colorado or relocating from Colorado, we want to be your nationwide expert movers. So, sit back and relax, just tell us when and where and we will take care of the rest. Trust us to take care of you.
It’s important to know that we are the ONLY moving and storage company in Northern Colorado which is certified, trained and equipped to perform large commercial moves. If you need a commercial mover, we strongly recommend you choose someone you can trust – this is no time to make a mistake!
We focus on five goals when we perform your commercial move:
1) Be careful: to move all items—especially servers, computers and expensive equipment – from origin to destination in good condition.
2) Reduce downtime & expense: one way to reduce overall relocation expense? You can minimize downtime via our logistical processes. FYI – a Commercial Move Coordinator will give you a well-researched cost-of-moving estimate, so you’ll have a solid idea of how much time and money you’ll need to anticipate – long before your move begins.
3) Correctly place items: make sure all items—especially important and/or confidential files – are put in the correct area or office.
4) Keep safe and quiet: Exodus honors all corporate security and confidentiality requirements.
5) Keep on schedule: Exodus Moving and Storage makes a solid commitment to the schedule so that nothing falls through the cracks, all department-specific requirements are met and moving times are efficient. The sooner you get back to work, the faster you can get back to making money.
For the 12 years we’ve been in business in Northern Colorado, Exodus Moving and Storage has garnered praise and testimonials from many satisfied companies. Our customers’ remark on our profound organizational difference: we move offices as they should be moved: with proper planning for space allowances, smart approaches to the transfer of files and ‘loose materials,” strong leadership demonstrated by our Move Coordinators, painstaking attention to detail, and commitment to your full satisfaction.
If you have a commercial move coming up, please contact us to see how we can help.