Things to do in Greeley, Colorado
Named after Horace Greeley (editor of the New York Tribune during the early 1800s), Greeley is steeped in history at every turn. If you love history and the way life used to be, you’re in for a real treat when you move to Greeley. This town has lots of historical attractions, and, being Colorado, plenty of outdoor activities and excitement.
Ready to explore Greeley? Here’s what you’ll find!
1. Greeley Freight Station Museum: if you are a railroad or train buff, this is absolutely the place for you. Explore the 5,000 square foot mock rail system inside of this museum, learn about trains and tracks, and spend your day seeing how the USA used to get around!
2. Centennial Village Museum: this museum brings history to life – quite literally! As a period museum, you will see Centennial Village actors dressed up in period costumes, performing everyday tasks that were popular during yesteryear, and doing things that would have made life exciting back in the old days. Centennial Museum makes the perfect place for a date or to bring your kids for an educational walk through time.
3. Antique Washing Bin Museum: how many antique washing bins can there possibly be? You might be surprised – this museum is filled with the many ways that people used to wash clothes (far before energy efficient machines filled homes and packed department stores!).
4. Pawnee National Grasslands: if you want to explore the outdoors for a day or two, check out the Pawnee National Grasslands. This massive expanse of grasslands is open for visitors of all kinds. Whether you’re on a bicycle, by car, by foot, or with a tent or two, this is where you want to go in Greeley to view the stars and take in the open air.
5. Kress Cinema and Lounge: are you into independent theater productions? The Kress Cinema provides an amazing opportunity to check out what’s happening with local theater. Kids are welcome, it’s a great place for a first date, and you can really submerse yourself in what’s local and theatrical at Kress – give it a shot!
6. Local Life: sometimes, it’s nice just to sit back and relax. Or, maybe take a stroll down the main strip and see what kinds of shops and wares locals have for sale. You can also check out the Greeley Mall for all kinds of brand names and favorites.
7. Yoga time! It’s really good to stretch your muscles when you can, and Greeley offers many different opportunities to spend time on yourself in the form of yoga. Greeley has a Bikram Yoga center, and some smaller yoga centers that are perfect for meeting people in town and learning to relax and breathe. Never tried yoga? Greeley is the perfect spot for your first time!
8. Nature Trails: if there’s one thing that Colorado isn’t lacking, it’s nature trails. Greeley has so many beautiful nature trails that it’s tough to pick just one. Grab your hiking boots, get outside, and see what outdoor life is all about.
9. Poudre River: are you into rafting? Do you want to try rafting? Either way, the Poudre River is where people of all ages go to experience the rapids. In fact, Greeley is a popular destination for river seekers from miles away, and moving to Greeley means that you’ll have the river at your backdoor – what could be better?
10. Learn to live like a local: how is this a thing to do in Greeley? If you’re coming to Colorado from any other part of the world, you’ll quickly learn that things are different here. Greeley residents enjoy sunshine, nature, and plenty of things to do all year long. Plus, life in Colorado moves at a much slower pace. Learn to sit back, relax, and live life one step at a time.
Moving to Greeley
Ready to move to Greeley? Great! We’ve got all of your moving needs covered. At Exodus Moving and Storage, we offer large storage spaces in both Denver and Fort Collins (not far from Greeley at all!), and we are a full service moving company. That means that we can help with every aspect of your move from packing to driving to unloading (we’re your number one Colorado moving company!). We can even help you out with all of those large and awkward pieces that you aren’t sure how to move!
Give us a call today to see what we can do for you!
Trackback from your site.