Colorado is a popular relocation destination for a reason. This state has it all! If you are moving to Fort Collins, Denver, or anywhere else in Colorado, you’ll love all that Colorado has to offer. Since Colorado isn’t like any other state, we thought we’d put together some of the things that you should know before you move here – just so that you’re ready to seize all Colorado has to offer!
1. Winter doesn’t meant downtime! Winter is filled with sunshine and plenty of amazing outdoor activities. Everyone in this state (it seems) takes to the slopes during the winter months for some boarding or skiing. With sunshine streaming down most days of the year, a dark and gloomy winter isn’t what you’ll experience in Colorado! Grab your winter gear of choice, and let’s hit the slopes!
2. Art matters here. In almost every town in Colorado, you will see local art of all kinds. From street art that’s celebrated to museums boasting what local artists have created, art really rules in this state.
3. A dream climate. The summer months aren’t the hot and humid sort in Colorado. In fact, most of our summer days are sunny and dry. The Eastern Plains have the best spring views, and winters are relatively mild. If you love looking at leaves, the fall months are vibrant with colors. Yeah, it’s hard to think of a season in Colorado that’s not breath taking!
4. Hiking and biking are favorite pastimes. If you’re not enjoying what winter has to offer on the slopes, you’ll have a hard time passing up a mountain walk or a widespread bicycle path. No matter what the season is, Colorado has a sport that matches the weather perfectly.
5. Two of the biggest industries in Colorado are IT and programming. If you are in either one of these fields, you’re bound to find a job that’s perfect for you easily. But, Colorado loves local business too.
6. Moving to Colorado to open up a new shop? You’ll find the residents in this state are welcoming and will give your business a try. The people that live in Colorado enjoy supporting anything that’s local, and this means that your business will be welcomed with open arms.
7. It’s a real mix. Each part of this state is unique. In some areas you may see wide and sprawling farms, but in other areas you’ll be smack in the middle of a huge city. One of the best things about this state is that you can drive from any major metropolis to a smaller town or farm area in just a few hours. Colorado is big, and that means that there’s lots of choose from!
8. Politics are mixed too. This state is really quite evenly divided between red and blue. It really depends on where you go!
9. Food is fantastic. Meat lovers will rejoice in some of the best beef in the U.S.A, but vegetarians will also find plenty of fresh produce to munch on. Since Colorado is big on local goods, food is no exception to the rule here.
10. Denver is the birthplace of the cheeseburger. The word “cheeseburger” can be attributed to a man by the name of Louis Ballast. Ballast created the cheeseburger in 1935.
11. Loveland is the land of love. Every year, hundreds of thousands of Valentine’s Day cards are sent to Loveland. Why? A group of volunteers in Loveland removes the cards from larger packages, hand stamps the cards with Valentine’s Day verses, and then sends the cards to the intended recipient – all so that a Valentine’s Day card can be sent from “Loveland.” Isn’t that sweet?
12. Love pinto beans? You’ll want to go to ‘Dove Creek’ – the pinto bean capital of the world.
13. Glenwood Springs has the world largest natural hot springs – get your bathing suit ready!
Getting Ready to Move
As you can see, Colorado has more than a few surprises! There are so many great reasons to move to Colorado. Whether you plan to move to Denver or to Fort Collins, Loveland, or any other part of this state, Exodus Moving and Storage can help you get there! Give us a call today for a quick quote and additional moving information.