Today we asked the world of Facebook and Twitter (if you’re smart, you’ll “Like” us or Follow us right now so you stop missing out on all this great Colorado moving information) about road trips. As Colorado movers, we do spend a lot of time out on the open road so today we’re going to take some time and give you a few of our Colorado moving tips to avoid disaster and instead have an awesome road trip experience.
- Pack some healthy snacks ahead of time and store them in a cooler that is easy for everyone to reach. The last thing you need is to have to struggle to find something good to eat while compromising your attention to the road. Remember, fruits and nuts have natural sugars and fats that will keep you alert while driving. Fast food will only leave you feeling tired and bloated (gross).
- Take breaks in the middle of the night. Pre-plan your trip and decide how many miles (be realistic) you can travel before you need to stop and find hotels or a place to rest in that area ahead of time.
- Try to ensure that someone is always awake with the driver. It’s much easier for a driver to become distracted or develop tunnel vision when there’s no one to keep you mentally stimulated.
- If you’re traveling with children, bring plenty of coloring books, puzzles and travel board games…or you can even make up your own games. The open road is a great time for family bonding!
- A road trip isn’t always about the final destination. Be spontaneous! If you see a sign for the World’s Largest Cowboy Boot, go ahead and check it out.
- Remember to always buckle up. This might be one of the most important tips our Colorado movers stick to. Even when passengers are taking a quick nap, keep that seat belt buckled!
- If you want to stop and stretch or take a break overnight, use truck stops for your pit stop. These are some of the safest areas as there is security along with professional drivers all around you who are constantly aware of the surroundings.
- Take your time! This is a road trip, not a 40-meter dash. Safety and comfort are both key. So make sure you take the time for plenty of restroom breaks, hide any valuables when leaving the car and to sightsee whenever possible. You never know what you’re going to see on the great open road.
Now you know why our Colorado movers love to get out and drive! When you pay attention to our quick tips, road trips go from miserable to fun for everyone!