10 Things Made Only in Colorado
Maybe it’s the mountain air or the many days of sunshine. Or, maybe it’s just the pace of life in Colorado. For whatever reason, Colorado residents are crafty. There are some things made in Colorado that you can’t get anywhere else. If you are moving to Colorado soon, you’ll want to check out these local goods.
1. English Retreads: what can you do with old inner tubes? Turn them into bags, of course! English Retreads are handbags made from recycled goods, and you’ll only find these bags in Colorado at specific stores and truck stops.
2. Moe’s Bagels: bagels in Colorado? That’s right! The Rocky Mountain state is serving up some hot bagels that people around these parts love. How do they compare to Montreal bagels or NYC bagels? Well, you’ll just have to try them out! Moe’s has locations in both Denver and Boulder.
3. Bottlehood: there’s a recycling theme happening here, can you tell? Bottlehood is another amazing company that recycles glass bottles into all kinds of home goods.
4. Wild Women Truffles: organic, delightful, and delicious! What more could you want in the perfect truffle? If you happen to be in Littleton, Colorado, you’ll want to pick some of these up.
5. Rudi’s Bakery: Rudi’s bakes up organic baked goods of all kinds. Rudi’s started out small, but now this bakery spans lots of space, and you can find loaves of Rudi’s bread throughout the state.
6. Justin’s Nut Butter: the nut butters that come from Justin’s in Boulder abound, but what I really love about this company is that they sell squeeze packs of organic, natural, nut butters. So, you can take a few squeeze packs on your next run or trail hike, and you’ll get a completely natural protein boost.
7. Chocolove: more chocolate? Can you really have too much chocolate? Colorado doesn’t think so! Chocolove offers chocolate lovers premium chocolate bars direct from the Chocolove factory in Boulder (with locations strewn throughout Colorado).
8. Celestial Seasonings: I’m betting that you’ve had a sip of tea or two brewed from a Celestial Seasoning’s bag, right? Well, this tea company was founded (and is located) in Boulder, Colorado. If you visit the factory, make sure to enter the peppermint room – that’s a smell you’ll never forget!
9. Local Brews: I’m not going to list a specific brew here because there are so many microbrews in Colorado. You’ll just have to find your own slice of local brew heaven when you arrive!
10. OZ Snowboards: with all of the snow in Colorado, is it any surprise that there’s an amazing snowboard crafter in this state? Check out OZ Snowboards for a really great board that will last you many seasons.
Getting Ready to Move
With all of the great things that are made in this state, it’s hard to imagine why anyone wouldn’t want to live here. But, you’ll have to prepare for a move first. The good news is that we can help with your move – in fact, we’ve already helped! Just take a look at the many different blog posts on this site to find out what you need to know about moving to Colorado.
If you’re looking for a moving company to help you pack, move, and unpack your stuff, we can help you there too. Exodus Moving and Storage is a full-service moving company that offers you plenty of great services from moving to storage and everything in-between. We also provide free estimates, so go ahead and give us a call today to find out what you need to know.
When it comes to this great state, we’re a step ahead of the rest. Plus, we’ll help you store anything that you can’t move into your new home. The sooner you start planning your move, the faster you can step outside in your new mountain town and enjoy everything that Colorado has to offer. We love it here, and we know that you will love it here too!
What’s the best thing about Colorado in your opinion? What do you love on this list? Let us know!
Trackback from your site.