Businesses relocated every day. But how can you be sure when it’s time to move? There are a few telltale signs that you need to relocate – and some that should indicate that moving wouldn’t be the best idea. As your movers in Fort Collins, we have a few tips for you that will help you figure out when it’s time to move your business.
Business CC Photo Courtesy of Kevin Dooley
1. Things aren’t kept well: if you are currently running a company out of a building that isn’t kept in good condition, you may want to move. Things that can be cause for breaking a lease include leaky roofs, broken windows, and other structural problems that are having a negative impact on your daily profits and company life.
2. You aren’t getting enough foot traffic: not all businesses run on foot traffic, and it may not make sense for you to seek out a more visible location if you don’t expect or need any traffic from the street. But if you’re selling items that require people to come into your store to purchase things, you’ll want to make sure that your company is visible. Move to get more foot traffic if it makes sense.
3. You need a much bigger space: have you outgrown your current space? If you find yourself cramming inventory into nooks and crannies, and you can’t quite figure out where to put all that other stuff you want to order, it might be time to upgrade.
4. The rent has skyrocketed: are you making enough money to keep paying that rent? If not, it might be time to move.
5. You’re being forcefully moved: sometimes, developers purchase a building with the intent on tearing it down. When this happens, the space that you are renting now might not exist in a few months, or you may be forced to move to a newer, and more expensive, space.
All of these reasons would give anyone good cause to move a business. That said, there are also some instances when moving doesn’t make any sense at all.
When Not to Move Your Business
1. All of your employees live far away from the new location. Unless you want to start the hiring process all over again, moving to a new place may not be the best idea.
2. The cost of a new space is higher. This only makes sense if you are making more money, and if you have been making more money at a steady pace for some time. Otherwise, spending more on a different space is silly.
3. Balancing two spaces will kill your profits. What will you do while you prepare to move to the new place? In most cases, you will have to keep pay the old rent while also paying the new rent to reserve the new space. Make sure to add up these costs, and only move if you can afford to juggle both spaces.
4. Your clients are in one specific area. If you have a steady clientele that lives in one location, be prepared to lose some of these customers if you move. Yes, some people will go to your new spot, but most won’t.
Getting There in One Piece
If you do decide to make a move, you’ll want to go through the moving process as effectively and quickly as possible – this means hiring movers in Fort Collins, like Exodus, to help you with all of your items. As movers in Fort Collins, we have a lot of experience moving businesses of all kinds, and we even offer storage spaces in both Denver and Fort Collins, so you can store anything you can’t bring to your new space right away. Call us today for a moving quote, or to find out more information before you get that free moving quote. In the meantime, make sure to consider the pros and cons of moving carefully before you make this decision!
IMAGE COURTESY OF AVP
Aggression and violence surround us. Every day, people become angry while driving cars, walking down the street, or just because something didn’t go as planned. ‘The Alternative to Violence Project’ aims to help people deal with aggression and anger that lead to violence by offering group support, workshops, interactive exercises, games, and role-play situations. Exodus Moving and Storage fully supports this community initiative as Fort Collins movers.
What ‘The Alternatives to Violence Project’ Does
This community project was originally started in 1975 order to help violent youths. By connecting those teens with inmates that could explain why violence landed them in jail, the youths that were having trouble with the law began to understand why avoiding aggression and violence is necessary. Currently, the group still works with both inmates and members of the community that need help curbing angry thoughts that lead to aggression.
If you find yourself dealing with anger and aggression that leads to violence, this support group is an excellent resource. If you live in the Fort Collins area, contact the group to see how you can get help. If you don’t live in Fort Collins, you can still learn to calm aggression by following a few tips that will be hard at first, but will eventually result in a much calmer version of you.
Anger Help Tips
1. Take a breath. One of the most important things to do when you find yourself feeling worked up is to take a long and deep breath. More often than not, we forget to breathe when we become agitated, and this leads to aggression.
2. Exercise. You can channel all of that anger and aggression towards something physical. Try an intense bootcamp class or look for a CrossFit gym near you. It’s hard to be angry when you’ve used all of your energy during a tough class.
3. Try meditation and yoga. Even if you think that yoga is not for you, give it a try. We’ve listed a lot of different yoga classes in the Fort Collins and Denver areas on this blog, so check one out. Yoga and meditation work hand in hand to help calm the breath and the body.
4. Go for a walk. If you’re in the middle of a situation that is bound to escalate, simply leave the area and go for a walk. You don’t have to have the last work, and you don’t have to let the situation spin out of control.
5. Consider the consequences. This is where a project like ‘The Alternatives to Violence Project’ is invaluable. Once you hear how anger can lead to very bad consequences from inmates that have been in that situation, you may think twice before letting your anger get out of control. If you can’t attend a group meeting, try and think about where your anger might lead you. Will you wind up in jail? Will you hurt someone? Will you hurt yourself? Often, anger isn’t worth the consequences.
6. Know that it will pass. You can only stay truly angry and aggressive for a short period of time. After that time has passed, your emotions will start to settle. Try and wait it out.
7. Speak with a therapist or find a group near you. Anger is a real problem that most of us just ignore, but it’s also very bad for your health and for those people around you. Seeking some kind of help to fix your anger problem is never a bad thing.
Exodus Supports Community Projects
We really believe in the people that make our communities better, and that’s why we support projects like ‘The Alternatives to Violence Project.’ Of course, we’re also here if you need to move to a different home or require any moving service help. We also offer storage facilities in both Fort Collins and Denver for you to store your things safely. As your Fort Collins movers, Exodus likes is here for you when you need to move or store your items, and we’re happy to give you a moving estimate quickly.
When it comes to anger and aggression, nothing good can come from those two very volatile emotions. If you live in Fort Collins, consider supporting ‘The Alternatives to Violence Project’ today, and call your Fort Collins movers for any moving needs or for a moving estimate.
Not all Denver moving companies are based in the inner city. Denver is a very large place which incorporates multiple counties underneath its name. This means that from Westminster all away down to Santa Fe you could be considered in Denver County. Take our business for example, we are based in Ft Collins but we still service the Denver area.
Being only an hour and a half or so away, we have ample opportunities to move people around the state. Let’s say for example that you live in Ft Collins and you want to hire a Denver moving company to move you down to Littleton. Hiring us would mean that you could easily move down and be at your job whenever you need to be.
The point behind a moving company is not just to move your stuff to your home, but to help you set it up a little bit. We understand how busy people can be these days and it’s just part of the job. The point is though, it’s not required for you to be in “Denver” to hire a Denver moving company. Simply generalizing that entire area as Denver leaves of very large area to cover. Besides, we have moved people all over the world from Colorado, Denver is really a cakewalk compared to some of the places.
Overseas shipping is not something that we are strangers to, though we will admit that’s a rather expensive endeavor. At any rate though, the point behind this post is to state that the generalization of a Denver moving company is not necessarily a true one. It is simply branding that states we are part of a greater deal of home moving companies in the general area. Now, deciding between a moving company is a little bit more of a challenge, but that’s what the Internet is for and if you’re reading this blog it’s likely that you’ve already made up your mind.
It’s that time of year again when everybody starts looking for movers. Ft Collins, CO when August rolls around starts to get a lot more busy because of all the students who are arriving. Everybody who lives up here knows that during this time of year the roads start to get a little bit crazy, which makes it so that it’s not a good option to really move a large truck through the city without a lot of experience.
There are however movers in Ft Collins who know how to work their way through the city during this time of year. We are among those select few who know how busy it gets during the year and are willing to help you move into your new apartment. Granted, this is Colorado and most people do own a truck because of how handy it is to have in this state.
We understand that this is something that you can use to move and that knowledge that it exists and is quite effective. However, if you’re a student and you need to move into a new place with a lot of furniture that don’t have a friend with a truck, or just don’t have the time because you’re working during the summer, that is the perfect time to come see us.
Don’t feel frustrated that you can’t find someone to help you move, a lot of people don’t have the capability to move especially at the age of a college student. It’s only the fortunate few who happen to have a truck who will get to do such things as often as they choose. So if you happen to be one of those people who doesn’t own a truck and doesn’t know anyone who owns anything that can haul all of your stuff to your new place, don’t be afraid to call a moving company like us.
We are not going to charge you an insane amount of money, and we will take care of everything as if it were our own belongings. So, if you are going to trust any moving company in Fort Collins, make the right decision and choose us. You will love the service we provide.
Congratulations! You’ve chosen one of the most beautiful cities in America as your new hometown.
Moving to Fort Collins is a great decision. You will soon be living in a community that boasts a mild climate, great education system, and many activities.
Once you’re officially moving to Fort Collins, it’s time to make a big decision: What you will do for fun when you arrive!
Here are three awesome activities that Fort Collins is known for:
1. Old Town
Old Town Fort Collins is a quant area made up of many historic and charming buildings. The area is a hotbed for great shopping, dining, and nightlife. Young and old alike can find something that suits their fancy in this trendy district.
Here is an interesting fact: Disneyland’s Main Street USA was modeled after and inspired by the Fort Collins Old Town District. It’s a truly charming, warm, and inviting section of town that hosts many activities and events.
2. Horsetooth Reservoir
If you’re ready for a little escape from city life, the Horsetooth Reservoir has what you’re looking for. Only a short drive from Fort Collins, this area of public use lands and water offers a variety of fun outdoor activities.
At the Reservoir you can fish, boat, camp, picnic, swim, rock climb, and even scuba dive! It’s the go-to place for locals and it offers a fantastically convenient escape from the hustle bustle of the city. Plus… it’s outrageously beautiful! What else do you really need?
3. CSU Annual Flower Trial Garden
marco via Compfight
Each year Colorado State University horticulture students plant and nurture flowers and plants in the Flower Trial Garden. This outdoor botanical garden boasts 2.9 acres of beautiful flower beds and contains approximately 1,200 varieties of plants. Simply put, it makes a great place to snap some pictures or go for a Sunday afternoon stroll.
Moving to Fort Collins? Don’t mind if I do!
However, before we can get excited about all the fun things to do in Fort Collins, we must first consider how you’ll move your valuable possessions.
Have you gathered your moving estimates yet? If not, you may want to consider researching Fort Collins moving companies, of which there are many. Exodus Moving and Storage in Fort Collins stands out as a top choice and community favorite. They offer quality service, reliability, and a fair price to boot. Leave the moving to them, and they’ll leave the fun to you! Contact them today at 800-549-1488
The appeal of Silverton, Colorado is easy to see. This town offers its residents a simpler way of life. As Colorado movers we always enjoy a trip to Silverton, CO because there seems to be more time for family and community. The community is clean and safe where residents freely walk and bike around and jobs in the tourism industry are plentiful.
What our Colorado movers notice most about this area is the strong sense of community found in Silverton, CO. The streets are filled with parades, carnivals and festivals- anything that can bring the town together. Silverton, CO doesn’t just focus on community but relies on it to maintain the small-town, rural lifestyle all residents are accustom to. They work together to preserve the land they live on and value the clean air they have been given.
What makes Silverton, CO such an ideal place to live is found not only in the attachment to the place, respect for neighbors and nature and the commitment to sustainability but also its location in the heart of the San Juan Mountains. The endless amount of recreational activities may be what makes the citizens of Silverton, CO so proud of their home. Whether you are looking to sled, ice skate, fish, hunt, horseback ride, ski or anything in between, Silverton, CO has it right at your fingertips.
The Colorado movers at Exodus are seriously impressed with this small Colorado town and we hope that if you are planning a Colorado move, you consider the picture-perfect, Silverton, Colorado.
Make sure you “LIKE” us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to be the first to hear about the top Colorado cities or more tips and tricks from your Colorado movers!
The Mile-High City- there’s nothing like it. Perhaps that’s because it’s the second Exodus Moving & Storage location. Yes, we’re talking about Denver, Colorado. This week, our Colorado movers are going to spotlight the capitol of this magnificent state. This city truly offers something for everyone as it combines both history and entertainment with urban and rural living.
Check out some of the many things to do in Denver, Colorado:
• Denver Art Museum- The building itself is a work of art and the pieces inside are just as outstanding. Two buildings house the world’s greatest collection of Native American art along with 68,000 other art objects from renowned masters.
• Colorado State Capitol- You can’t visit (or live) in the capitol of CO without visiting the building that sits 5,280 feet above sea level and offers the perfect panorama of the snow-covered peaks. Climb to the top of the dome to view truly breath-taking sites.
• Larimer Square- This block is filled with the trendiest Victorian buildings that house dance clubs, shopping, comedy clubs, quaint outdoor cafés and a multitude of restaurants to try.
• 16th Street Mall- This is a mile-long promenade that boasts natural scenery (50,000 flowers!!), outdoor cafés and a walkway that was designed to mimic the pattern on a diamondback rattlesnake. It’s a must-see. Even locals love it!
• Confluence Park- There is seriously too much at this location to even begin describing. Confluence Park is home to an 850-mile bike trail network, the Platte River Trolley, the Downtown Aquarium, restaurants and Elitch Gardens- a downtown theme park right in Denver, CO.
• LoDo Historic District- Don’t let the name fool you, the historic district is filled with brewpubs, restaurants, rooftop cafés and iconic stores that invented some of the West’s greatest fashion.
• Cherry Creek- Just two miles from downtown Denver (and accessible by bike) waits the Denver Botanic Gardens and Cherry Creek Shopping District- check out one of the most beautiful displays of nature then catch up on your retail therapy.
• City Park- This area is known for the Denver Zoo and Museum of Nature & Science. City Park is also the largest park in the area with beautiful views of the mountains, lakes, gardens and paths for hiking and jogging.
This list doesn’t even begin to exhaust the options you have when moving to or visiting Denver, Colorado. Take our word for it; Denver, CO is the perfect mix of big city life with all the great options for careers, nightlife and entertainment along with the great outdoors that we know and love Colorado for. If you are looking to move to Colorado, Denver is a must.
Remember to “LIKE” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to learn more about great Colorado cities from your resident Colorado movers!
This week our Colorado movers have chosen to highlight beautiful Estes Park, Colorado for our Fresh Place Friday. Estes Park, Colorado is located in Larimer County and is home to the Rocky Mountain National Park. Estes Park, CO is not just a favorite of those who live there but of people from all over. In fact, Estes Park, CO was named the Travelers’ Choice award as the 14th best destination in the United States (the only city in Colorado to receive this recognition). Other awards include “Best Day Trip Destination,” “Top Ten Most Family Friendly Destinations in the Nation” and “#2 Outdoor and Adventure Destination in the WORLD.”
But what makes Estes Park, CO such a great stop for locals and tourists alike? Perhaps it’s the perfect combination of excitement combined with relaxation. Estes Park, CO is known for its elk watching in the Fall, the Autumn Color & Sound Show, hiking, fishing, craft shows, birding, trail rides and so much more. The best part is that Estes Park, CO is one of the top tourist destinations in the state so there are plenty of opportunities to take a tour by bike or foot, learn to ski or snowshoe or even take the half-day loop scenic drive.
What we as Colorado movers love about tourist destinations like these as the perfect choice for you relocation is that there are plenty of opportunities to learn about the history, the landscape and all that the town has to offer. Plus, economies will boom (especially in Colorado as there is hardly an “off season”) so pricing is almost always competitive.
Yet another practical option for your Colorado move, make sure you check it out!
Speaking of checking things out, don’t forget to “LIKE” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for more great tips, tricks and highlights from our Colorado movers!
This month’s Colorado Movers’ Charity Highlight goes to the Larimer Humane Society- “leading the way towards an aware and engaged community dedicated to compassionate and humane care of animals by promoting successful placement and responsible pet ownership.”
As movers in Colorado, we love to give back to the communities we serve and the Larimer Humane Society is the perfect way to do that. The Humane Society is the only open-door animal care facility in Northern Colorado and they offer amazing events for the entire community that promotes the health, treatment and well-being of ALL animals. Take for example the event that was held just a few days ago on President’s Day. The “President’s Day Pooch Party” is a celebration held for children ages 7-12 to come learn about caring for animals while on their day off from school. It’s fun, educational and raises awareness for their cause and is just one of the many educational camps offered to school-age children. Speaking of raising awareness, one of the goals of the Larimer Humane Society is to successfully place all treatable cats and dogs by the year 2020. This is a huge feat but if the community helps out and gives back to this amazing cause, we’re sure it can be achieved.
Annually, the Larimer Humane Society places more than 3,500 pets into new homes and reunites over 2,100 strays with their owners. This non-profit also provides animals with rehabilitation services to heal approximately 2,000 injured, ill and orphaned Colorado wild animals through their WildKind program.
As Colorado movers, we are proud to support such a great charity that works to reach everybody in the Colorado community and spread their mission of humane treatment for animals of all types. Check them out today at http://www.larimerhumane.org/home.
Also be sure to “Like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to learn more about the Colorado community and what the movers in Colorado are doing to give back!
Aspen, Colorado is a city that is renowned for its winter sports, but it is also so much more. As Colorado movers, we believe that when relocating to a new city, you know all that it has to offer, not just the marquee highlights. So if you were looking to make your Colorado move to Aspen, CO, we’ve taken the time to lay out all that Aspen has to offer (aside from four world class mountains with a lift ticket that gains you access to each of them…cough-AWESOME-cough):
- The West End Walking Tour allows visitors and natives to get to know Aspen and the Victorian architectural legacy left behind by the aristocrats of the 1800s. The tour is operated by the Aspen Historical Society and relates stories of the historic homes, their owners and even what’s buried beneath!
- Get to know Aspen’s “dark side” with an evening Aspen Walking Tour that pulls back the shiny exterior and gives you a glimpse of its tarnished past. This is NOT for the faint of heart!
- After its opening in 1889, the Wheeler Opera House was originally a part of the “Silver Circuit”, a mining era collection of venues that brought internationally renowned performers to the silver and gold mining camps and towns of Colorado’s high country. After it burned to the ground in the late 20th century, it has since been renovated in the 40’s as well as the 80’s and is now one of Aspen’s foremost venues for performance.
Arts & Culture:
- The Aspen Art Museum offers exhibitions of contemporary art, art workshops, lectures and tours.
- The Aspen Santa Fe Ballet is an internationally acclaimed professional dance company which brings dance to Aspen year-round, including the summer Aspen Dance Festival.
- The Jazz Aspen Snowmass is an internationally recognized summer-long series of musical performances and diverse education programs dedicated to the preservation and performance of Jazz and World music.
For the Kids:
- THE AJAX Adventure Camp offers kids and teens the ultimate Aspen summer camp with exciting day camp activities & overnight excursions. Based out of the Aspen Middle School, the day camp operations run from 9:00 – 5:00.
- The Red Brick Recreation Center is 100% pure fun. It includes day camps, baseball, rock climbing, gymnastics, adult sports, events, aerobics, intramurals, birthday parties, and more!
- Horseback riding was originally how people got around Aspen, now you can take a tour of the city on horseback just like in the 1800’s.
- Several world class spas and health clubs are located in Aspen, CO and are a great way to relax after a day spent on the slopes. Enjoy massages, hot tubs or a yoga class.
- Check out Blazing Adventures for some great rafting options in the Aspen, CO area.
- There’s nothing like playing a few rounds of golf on our perfectly manicured greens while surrounded by the majestic mountains. Nothing can beat it.
Take it from us, your local Colorado movers, Aspen, Colorado is one of the most exciting, historic and family oriented places to live. So if you’re planning a Colorado move, consider Aspen, Colorado to call home.
Remember to check us out on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for more great packing tips, Colorado city highlights and updates from your resident Colorado movers!