Having a custom closet is something that every girl (and many boys!) dreams of. Plus, custom closets are ideal if you just don’t have enough space in your home for all of your things. But there are some definite drawbacks to this type of storage, and also some benefits. Before you drop thousands on a custom closet, take a look at this list of pros and cons.
- You’ll have more room for your stuff. Custom closet designers can work some serious magic. Know how you thought you’d never fit all of your shoes and dresses into that tiny closet? These designers can make it happen, and make it look good at the same time.
- It looks amazing. From custom wood to drawer pulls that you choose yourself, your custom closet will look every bit as amazing as you have been imagining.
- They add home value. If you are looking for Longmont movers or movers in Greeley, CO (or anywhere really), adding a custom closet to a home will raise the value of the home. If you plan to sell in the future, this is a good investment.
- These closets will make use of all the space that you have available. Even inch will be measured, and every bit of your closet will be used for your new custom space.
- They are quick to install. Closet installation experts can easily put up your custom closet in half a day, so there’s no hassle for you involved in this process.
- The price: Custom closets can easily cost thousands of dollars. Be prepared to spend a lot of money on that closet if you’re going to go the custom route.
- These closets are designed for the things that you have right now, but you may not be able to expand your wardrobe or cut back on certain things. If you move in the future or just change up the way that you dress, you’re stuck with your custom closet. You can expand or change the closet, but keep in mind this will undoubtedly cost extra.
- You may start adding more stuff than you need to your closet space. Now that you have all those drawers and shelves, you may feel like buying a lot of things to fill up the area. This could mean that you will become a pack rat, and you may find your new closet overflowing in no time.
If you don’t have the time or patience to create a custom solution yourself, you may want to call those custom closet designers. Otherwise, there are various solutions available from companies like Ikea, Home Depot, and The Container Store. The best way to figure out if you can do this yourself is to add up the costs of buying custom closet options from one of these stores, the time it takes you to install that option, and whether or not you actually have the time. Then, compare that to a custom closet price (usually around $3000).
You may find that you can greatly benefit from the custom option, or that an Ikea option is more than adequate. While we can’t help you build a custom closet, we can help you when it comes to moving to your new home. Exodus Moving and Storage is a full service moving company that can help you pack, move, and unpack. With movers in Longmont, CO, and all over the Denver and Fort Collins area (we even have movers in Greeley, CO), our team is here to help you make that move a smooth one. Whether you are moving in Colorado or moving across the world, we can help. Call our Longmont movers today for a completely free estimate.
Do you have a custom closet? Was it worth it or not? Let us know what you did or didn’t like about your closet experience by heading over to Facebook. We’d love to chat with you there!
It’s not unusual for people to move back to an old hometown or a previous hometown after being away for a long time. If you’re in the situation, you might be thinking about old friends that still live in that town. Should you reconnect with them? Is it a good idea to try and strike up a relationship once again? As it turns out, there are some very good reasons to reconnect with old friends in person (and not just on Facebook)!
- Reminiscing is good for the soul: Remembering old memories, fun days, and things from the past that you once loved is really good for you. Once in a while, it’s fun to take a trip or two down memory lane to see what you may not remember, or what you might miss from those old days. Who knows, you may even be reminded of a hobby that you used to like, and you can take up that hobby once again.
- You’ll get to compare the person that you were back then with the person that you are now. Hopefully, you’ve grown in a positive direction, but simply talking about the person that you once were will let you compare your past and future selves. You never know, you may want to adopt some of those older traits, or simply look back to a time when you were strong and happy, if you aren’t now.
- You may find a relationship that you were greatly missing, and you may turn an old friend into a new one. Sometimes, people grow in different directions and have nothing in common at a later time in life. Other times, those same people reconnect, and find that they still have a strong bond, and that they really did miss each other. Maybe you’re missing out on a good friend, and you don’t even know it.
- You now have the time to make the decision whether or not you want to be friends with that person once again. There’s a good chance that you didn’t actually make this choice way back when. Typically, people grow apart due to geography or other reasons, and often it’s not a choice to move away from a friend. Now, you have the time to really try to reconnect, and to see whether or not that relationship is worth keeping.
- You can never have too many friends. It’s true, it’s harder to make friends when you become an adult for various reasons. But true friends, friends that really know you, are hard to come by. If you do reconnect with an old friend, you may find that you now have a very good friend to share things with, laugh with, and to help round out your current life. You can really never have too many great friends.
- You may just have a few laughs. Even if you decide that rekindling a relationship isn’t going to happen, you can still sit back and have a few laughs with an old friend. What’s the harm in doing that? Not much, right? So, go ahead and make that phone call!
Getting the Nerve
If you’re already friends with someone on a site like Facebook, you can simply send them a note to set up a meeting time and place. If you haven’t already connect with them online, simply look up a phone number, and give someone a call. The very worst that can happen is that person doesn’t want to reconnect with you, but there’s a good chance that they do want to reconnect. Now, all you have to do is get to your old hometown!
Moving Back With Exodus
We get it — finding movers in Fort Collins that you can rely on is not easy to do. We also understand that you have a budget to respect, which is why we are more than happy to provide you with a completely free moving estimate that we will stand by no matter what. Whether you’re moving to Denver or anywhere else in the world, Exodus Moving and Storage will help you, and your stuff, get to where you are going easily and without any stress. Call us today for that free estimate!
If you’re debating whether or not to make the move to reach out to an old friend, take out advice and go for it. Have you ever connect with an old friend? How did that work out? Let us know by leaving a note on this blog, or by connect with us on our Facebook page.
If you’re planning a move, there’s a good chance that you may want to pick up some new and cute things for your home. Etsy, the artist’s marketplace, is a great website to use to find some really clever and creative items that you may not find anywhere else.
The issue with Etsy is that it can be somewhat difficult to navigate, since there are so many different types of items and different types of people selling those items on the website. Here’s a guide on how to navigate the site, so that you can find that perfect item to add to your new home.
Using Filters and Reading Tags
Artists making handmade goods, and shoppers looking for those goods, have become somewhat frustrated with people selling items on Etsy that aren’t actually handmade. Since anyone can sell things on the site, some people have begun differentiating quality handmade goods with those that are factory made by using tags such as “Handmade in the USA,” or “Authentically Handmade.” You can also set site filters to include items that are handmade only, so that you aren’t looking at items sold in stores or purchased for the purpose of resale on the site.
That said, there are some machine made, or largely manufactured items, on the site that may actually be what you’re looking for. If you can’t find those items where you live, you may be able to find them for a much cheaper price on Etsy. So, don’t count out items that aren’t handmade unless you are looking for that specific handmade touch.
Buying From the World
One of the great things about Etsy is that it’s a true global marketplace. You can find items from other parts of the world like India and Thailand on the site, and those items are often really unique. If you want an item that has a particular feel to it, consider shopping outside of the US. What about safety and shipping woes?
The best way to make sure that you aren’t going to get ripped off is to take a good look at the reviews that other buyers have posted. Each shop lists reviews of items, and a seller that isn’t trustworthy will be called out. Plus, the site shuts down shops that have received too many bad reviews, so there’s some safety in this as well. Just read through those reviews, and note what other people are saying about a particular item. Otherwise, it’s a great deal of fun to purchase something that’s handmade in another country, so give it a try! And if you buy something, make sure to leave an honest review to help out the honest folks on the site!
Looking Carefully at Descriptions
It can be tempting to base purchases solely on photographs. You do have to realize that most people selling items on Etsy have mastered the art of the photograph, and Etsy even provides people with a guide on how to take the best photos (here’s a mental note to make if you ever want to sell anything on the site). This is why you have to read through a description of each item that you are considering buying. Carefully look at details like dimension information, material specifications, and other notes that might be present. This combined with a careful look at the review’s posted should provide you with a clear idea of what you are purchasing.
For the most part, the developers behind the Etsy site have tried to make the site as easy to navigate as possible, though this isn’t always the case. You can now use various filters in order to search for items, and this helps to narrow down the selection. Etsy is also a great place to go if you want an item for your home, but you don’t want to pay retail prices.
Sometimes, handmade goods can be expensive, but other times you can get a much better price and a better quality product by buying something that’s made locally or in another country. If you are moving long distance, buying newer items instead of trying to transport all of your old stuff makes a lot of sense too!
A Free Moving Estimate
Moving is a fun time that should come without any complicated moving problems, and that’s where Exodus Moving and Storage comes in. We’d love to help you move all of your old stuff, or help you store those items in one of our storage facilities in either Denver or Fort Collins. Simply call us today to arrange a meeting, and we will give you a completely free quote that we promise to stick by.
We’d also love to hear what you think about Etsy, and what your user experience has been — come and find us on Facebook to join in the conversation!
If regular exercise is part of your routine, taking an extended break from fitness can have a great impact on your body and on your mind. It’s not always practical to keep a gym membership if you have to move towns or if you are making a long-distance move. Plus, trying to get in a workout at your local gym while packing and arranging your move can be near impossible. What can you do? Turn to an app to help you get through those rough days that require an exercise break!
Here are some of the best fitness apps available right now — and most of them come at a small fee or are completely free.
The Couch to 5K App
Running outside is one of the few things that you can do while you move because hitting the pavement doesn’t require a gym. Even if you live in a colder climate, you can still get in a few decent runs on warmer days, and find a treadmill to use when it’s unbearable outside. The Couch to 5K app does exactly what it sounds like — it gets you from the couch to running a 5K in nine weeks.
The idea here is to use the app for 20-30 minutes a few times per week, and after nine weeks you should be able to run that 5k without any issues. Even if you’re not entering a race, simply being able to run a 5K means that you’ll get in a really good workout whenever you feel like it just by going for that long run. This app works with both iOS and Android devices.
This is one of the most popular fitness apps right now. Seven is based on the idea that anyone can workout for seven minutes per day — but if a seven minute workout sounds easy to you, think again. This app only works if you put everything you have into those seven minutes per day, and that means sweating as much as possible and exerting yourself.
The app includes workouts and guides, and can even remind you that it’s time to work out if forgetting to do your workout is your biggest problem. Exercise for seven minutes per day between moving, and you’ll feel amazing — you’ll also get a great workout. Seven works with iOS, Android, and Windows phones.
Yoga just feels great. Plus, yoga combines a lot of simple stretching moves with some great core strengthening moves, and what you get in the end is a really good workout if you do it right. FitStar Yoga is a free app that adapts yoga workouts to your current level. If a move is too easy, just record that information, and the app will make your next move harder. If you want an even more customized yoga workout (without paying a high studio fee), you can pay $30 per month for entirely personalized and customized workouts. FitStar Yoga is an iOS app that’s available through the App Store.
When to Workout
Okay, so when can you get in any kind of a workout between packing boxes, making moving plans, and getting everything set up in your new home? Here’s where an app like Seven comes in handy. All you really need are seven minutes per day to work out, so you don’t have stop everything that you are doing in order to make this workout happen. Otherwise, make the time to hit the road and work on that 5k — sure, you have a lot to do right now, but your health is also important, so do make time for it!
Hiring Movers in Boulder CO
When it comes to making sure that the moving company you hire has everything under control, you have to hire movers that can be trusted. Exodus Moving and Storage provides full moving services including packing, unpacking, and moving everything you own to your new place. We will coordinate with you well before the moving date, and we’ll make sure that everything you need to be in line for your move is ready to go when you are — or before you are!
We also have storage rental spaces in both Fort Collins and Boulder, so make sure to ask us about these rates. Call Exodus, your Loveland movers, today for a free rate and for any information you need about your upcoming move. As expert movers in Fort Collins Co, Exodus is here when you need us. You can also find us on Facebook — we’d love to connect with you there as well.
There are a lot of things to think about while preparing for a move. Some of those things may not ever leave your mind, and this can result in many sleepless nights! An overactive mind is something that you can eventually tame, but it will take some know-how to quiet your mind down enough to actually sleep through the night.
As movers in Boulder CO, the Exodus team knows a thing or two about moving, and how to get enough sleep during a move. Here are some helpful tips to assist you with getting that needed sleep every day, so that you can prepare for your move with a clear and rested head.
The Trick to Napping
If you can’t quiet down your mind at first, you may feel exhausted during the daytime. A good way to get the energy you need to go all day long is to stop during the day and take a nap. But, there are tricks to napping. If you nap incorrectly, you may even find that you are more tired than you were when you started, and that defeats the purpose, right? Instead of winding up feeling awful after a nap (which happens to most people), keep these tips in mind.
- Trick yourself into falling asleep right away by sleeping on a bed pillow or putting something else around you that reminds you of nighttime sleep.
- Set your alarm clock for 20 minutes, and do not go over this time no matter how tired you are. Why? If you wake up during the deep stage of sleep, you will feel extremely fatigued. The trick is to wake up before you reach that stage, and that usually happens between 20-30 minutes. You may have to experiment with an alarm clock at first, but you’ll get the hang of it.
- Allow yourself to take the time out to nap. A lot of people feel guilty about napping, but you’ll wake feeling more refreshed than you did when you went to sleep. As a result, you will be more productive, and you will also think clearer. So, really, you should only feel guilty about not taking a nap!
Calming Your Mind at Night
Numerous studies have shown that playing with a phone or tablet before bedtime will keep you awake longer. The colors and screen intensity of a tablet or phone stimulate your brain, and this means that you will not sleep right away. So, the best way to begin sleeping properly is to ban any kind of device from your bedroom. Also, follow these tips:
- Try and do something calming before bed like meditate or go through a special bedtime routine.
- Use calming scents like lavender to soothe your body and mind.
- Try taking a hot bath before bed, and then jumping right into bed.
- Make sure that your room is completely dark, and that no light is allowed to enter into the room.
- If it helps, wear an eye mask or listen to white noise while you sleep.
It can be difficult to calm your mind when there are so many things to think about, that’s for sure, but you can learn to sleep during stressful times if you make the effort to focus on your sleep cycles. Try napping correctly, getting into a bedtime routine, and letting those thoughts that are in your mind move in and out without dwelling on any one thing. It will also help if you have a team of moving professionals to help you out with every aspect of your move — there will be a lot less things to think about!
Working With the Right Moving Team
Many national moving companies like Exodus Moving and Storage provide full services. What are full moving services? Things like packing, unpacking, moving everything, and even moving heavy pieces of furniture to new spots in your home home when the move is complete. A professional team can also handle any shipping requirements, and can help you move even the largest items from one spot to another.
If you can’t fit everything into your new space, you can also rely on a company like Exodus to rent you reliable and secure storage spaces. Having somewhere to put all of that stuff will take a load off of your mind, and that means more sleep for you! If you are looking for Johnston movers, call the Exodus Moving and Storage team today for more details, a free rate quote, and additional information about what we can do for you. In the meantime, focus on getting the sleep that you need to have a carefree move!
Indoor shutters can be added to any home for a unique look that’s clean and defined. Shutters can also be added to doors and windows in an apartment — this look is especially great if the windows inside of your apartment have seen better days! You may not have control over the way that the windows look, but you can add some indoor shutters to let in light and keep those ugly windows on the outside. Shutters also add privacy, which is a great thing if you happen to live in a city where space is an issue.
How to Decorate with Indoor Shutters
If you start to look at various home supply stores, you will see a plethora of shutter types. From faux wood to actual wood (and various types of wood), prices really fluctuate based on the type of material that you choose. If you plan to move and leave your shutters behind, faux can look just as good as the real thing (just know that faux probably won’t add value to a home that you own, but real wood shutters will likely add some value).
If you are a purist, go with wooden shutters for an authentic look. Speaking of authentic, where do indoor shutters originate from anyway? There are actually two types of shutters including “Plantation Shutters” and “New England Shutters” (some companies may offer additional types as well). What’s the difference?
Choosing the Right Kind
Typically, New England type shutters keep light out of a room, and are installed in order to make a room darker. If your goal is to let in as much light as possible, choosing Plantation shutters is a better idea. As the name suggests, Plantation shutters were once popular in plantation homes because they keep extreme heat out while letting in plenty of sunlight. You can also find some refurbished antique shutters if that’s the look you are going for.
Not Just Black and White
Most shutters that you can buy in a store right now come in either white, black, or a natural wooden color. But, that doesn’t mean that your shutters have to stay any of these colors! You can easily paint white shutters any kind of accent color to really make a window stand out (looks great if you are painting a full-length door shutter too). If the rest of the room is white, and you put a pair of teal shutters in the middle of the room, you’ll create an amazing look that stands out.
You can also purchase custom shutters from various stores that can be found on the Internet, and these are ideal if you have windows that are difficult to fit. Shutters can be placed outside of a window or inside of a window, and you can choose to cover either side of shutters with curtains or not — this look is really versatile, and it’s the fastest way to make damaged windows look worlds better. If you are moving to Boulder and you want to set up a room that looks amazing, consider indoor shutters for a great look!
Hiring Movers in Greeley, CO
Are you ready to move to a different town or state? Call Exodus Moving and Storage today for more information about our pricing, rates, and our storage space rentals. When it come to moving you from where you are now to anywhere else, Exodus can help you get where you’re going. While you work on moving, feel free to look around this blog for all kinds of tips on decorating, moving, living in Colorado, and local happenings. Our goal with this blog is to cover every aspect of moving from decorating your new home to figuring out your new surroundings – and don’t be afraid to ask us about something you’d like to know more about!
Call Exodus, your Parker movers, today!
Exodus Moving and Storage is a Boulder moving company, but we can also help you move anywhere you want to go — including across borders. A lot of people move to Canada for work and for other purposes, and Montreal tends to draw a lot of new residents annually. Not only is Montreal a great city to live in, many of the neighborhoods are also entirely family-friendly. If you are looking to move to Montreal, and want to know where to look for a home, here are some of the top areas.
- Outremont: Not only is Outremont one of the most prestigious areas in all of Montreal, it’s also one of the best to raise kids in. Filled with parks, great schools, and many different religious groups, you’ll fit right in if you move to Outremont — though home prices do tend to be higher in this area.
- Notre Dame de Grace: Known by Montrealers as “NDG,” there are some excellent areas of this neighborhood that you and your kids will love. Plenty of shops and restaurants line the main drag, “Monkland Avenue,” and the area is filled with schools and other fun places for kids too. If you move towards Concordia University’s Loyola Campus, you’ll find a quiet area filled with adorable homes that you’re bound to love.
- Saint Leonard: This area has a large Italian population, and is filled with quiet homes and quaint streets. There are some good schools in this area too, and housing tends to be affordable.
- Ahuntsic: The great thing about Ahuntsic is the river the borders this part of town. If you love the outdoors and walking alongside the water, Ahuntsic might be one area that you have overlooked simply because it’s not as urban as some other spots.
Quality of Life
As with any city, if you plan to live in an urban center, you can also expect to pay a high price for a home. In the most popular areas, home prices start around $400,000 — and that will get you a two bedroom home. This is why most Montrealers rent apartments if they want to live amidst the action. If you don’t mind moving to the suburbs, you can find homes at a lower cost, but you’ll still pay for being on the island of Montreal, so you won’t find real rural prices in this city.
There are, however, many new condo developments throughout the city that are worth looking into. Many people choose to purchase new condos, and sell those smaller places to move to a larger home in a better area. Really, though, all of Montreal is safe and family-friendly. The quality of life in this city tends to be decent too, though taxes and the general cost of living is much higher than in other parts of North America. Montrealers pay around 15% sales tax, so take that into consideration when you move!
You’ll need to book a long distance moving company like Exodus Moving and Storage in order to move from Boulder or other points in Colorado to Montreal. We’ll make sure that all of your items get to your new home safely, and all you have to do is get yourself and your family there! Keep in mind that July is the biggest moving time for the entire city, so it’s best to move before or after that date if you can.
If you’re looking for a moving company in Fort Collins to help you move to Montreal, contact Exodus Moving and Storage today. We’ll be happy to set you up with a free rate estimate!
As a full service Boulder moving company, we can help you move anywhere — even to one of the most expensive cities in the world. While the cost of living in these cities is pretty high, there might be some reasons why you’d want know how to plan a more there, and we can help. What are the most expensive cities, you ask? Well, Forbes has just published an article titled ‘The Most Expensive Cities in the World,’ and here are some of the choices from that list.
- Luanda, Angola
- N’Djamena, Chad
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Singapore, Singapore
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Geneva, Switzerland
- Tokyo, Japan
- Bern, Switzerland
- Moscow, Russia
- Shanghai, China
What’s the Deal With Switzerland?
Switzerland is listed three times above, but why is Switzerland so expensive? The cost of living is high in Switzerland, that’s for sure. However, most Swiss workers bring home around the equivalent of $5,000 per month, and that’s an average to low salary. So, really, Switzerland is just an expensive place to visit. If you’re planning to move to Switzerland, and you have a job lined up, you should be fine with the high rents and high costs of everyday things, since your salary should be in line with the overall cost of living in Switzerland.
The Most Expensive Places to Visit
Let’s say that you’re moving to Thornton, CO, but directly after your move you decide that you need to take a vacation (and why not?). If you are planning to travel on a budget, here are the places that you may not want to visit, or only visit for a day, since they are the most expensive towns and cities for travelers to check out.
- Zurich, Switzerland (there’s Switzerland again!)
- London, England
- New York City, New York
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Sydney, Australia
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Hong Kong
If you do plan to visit any of those cities, make sure to budget in advance — a beer at a pub could cost you more than $9 in some cities! If you’re moving to Colorado, you’ll have a much easier time affording basic things in this state that you would if you move to, say, Singapore or London. Still, it’s nice to visit some expensive cities, just make sure that you don’t stay too long, or you could wind up completely broke!
Most of the cities in this article are expensive due to high taxes, but the people that live in those cities tend to make comparative salaries. The only exceptions to this rule might be London and NYC where people often struggle to make ends meet. So, why do people live in expensive cities that they can’t really afford? It’s all about the city itself.
Some cities are just magical and full of history, and that’s hard to replace or ignore. In other cases, some cities offer job opportunities that can’t be found elsewhere, even if those job vacancies are scarce. Whatever the reason might be, once you’ve found a city that you love, it’s hard to live anywhere else — regardless of the cost!
Moving Advice and Help
If you are planning a move and need help with how to plan a move or with anything else that involves your upcoming move, take a look around this blog for information and ideas. Of course, if you need to hire movers, contact Exodus Moving and Storage today. We offer complete moving services from start to finish, and we even have storage space available — call today for a free quote. Have you ever lived in one of the cities on this list? Where is the most expensive place that you’ve ever called home? Let us know on Facebook!
Lots of stuff to put in the bedroom and a small bedroom space don’t mix. This is a common problem that people often face when moving to a new place, or trying to make sense of an older space. Bedrooms should be serene, so that you can sleep with ease, but a small bedroom can easily become cluttered. What should you do with all of your things, and how can you really maximize the space inside of a small bedroom? Here are some helpful tips.
Make the most of your bed space. There are plenty of bed frames that come with storage space underneath, and you can also buy plastic containers that can easily hold anything you can’t fit in a close or inside of a bureau. Placing things under your bed (in a neat way) can really give you a lot more space.
Change your bedside table choice. Either purchase a floating shelf or drawer that’s completely off of the floor, or find slim side tables with drawers. If you can put stuff into your bedside table drawers, you’ll instantly have more space. (Just don’t let those drawers turn into junk piles!)
Figure out how to best organize your closet. You can hire a closet designer to come into your home and give you the best organizational tips, or you can purchase closet organization racks and other items that will give you more space. If your shoes are on the floor and your clothes are hard to find, it’s time to think of an alternative way to store stuff in your closet.
Organize your drawers. If your bureau is overflowing with items, you are really not alone — most people do not have clearly organized bureau drawers. But fixing this problem is easy enough with some simple drawer dividers sold at most home stores.
Get into the habit of cleaning everything in your room once per month. If you have books stacked and overflowing on your table, stuff under your bed, and drawers that resemble rummage piles, it’s time to start cleaning. Toss anything that’s seen better days, and try to get rid of things that just aren’t in good shape. If you do this once per month, you’ll quickly start to tidy up.
Reorganize the way that you stack your shirts. If you store your t-shirts inside of your bureau, consider stacking them in a different way. Instead of piling one on top of the other, stack shirts sideways and neatly folded, so that you can see everything that’s inside of a drawer.
It’s All About Organization
Small spaces don’t lend themselves to too much clutter. Look for furniture items that double as storage pieces with drawers or hidden compartments, keep as much furniture as possible off of the floor, separate and organize your bureau, and invest in a close organizational system when necessary. The trick to a smaller space is all about organizing, and this can begin before you move to your new home.
Your Upcoming Move
If you are looking for movers in Boulder CO, call Exodus Moving and Storage for a free quote. As one of the top moving companies in Fort Collins, we can help you pack, move, unpack, and even help you when it comes to storage space (we have storage facilities in both Fort Collins and Denver). Also, make sure to look for a moving checklist on this blog — we’ve compiled plenty of things not to forget for you here! You can also find us on Facebook if you have any additional questions or comments. Call us today to set up your move!
If you’re starting over as a single mom, moving to a new location might present a challenge. Not only do you have to find a new place that’s affordable on one salary, you also have to pack everything up by yourself and get it where it needs to go (or you could just hire a Boulder moving company to pack and move for you!). We know that moving as a single mom is hard, so here are some tips from Exodus, your Boulder moving company.
- Begin your move early. Start looking for a place, figuring out finances, and planning everything else well in advance of the actual move date. Chances are that you know when you are going to move, so take a few weeks ahead of that date to find the perfect place.
- Get rid of things you don’t need. If your closets are bursting at the seams, make sure to go through each item, determine whether or not you need all of those things, and toss what you no longer need. This way, you won’t have to pack so much, and there will be less for your Boulder moving company to move.
- Get help. Either hire a moving company in Denver, or ask some friends and family members to help you move to your new place. With kids, pets, and other things in tow, it makes sense to hire a moving company in Denver to help you out – trying to take on too much is simply exhausting!
- Try and organize your schedule and other things. If you actually write everything down on paper, you will find that getting through everything you need to do is a lot simpler. From the moment that you decide to move, buy a calendar and start making down things that you need to get done before the move. Then, stick to this list and the dates that you have set. Sometimes, a bit of organization goes a really long way.
When You Arrive
On the day that you arrive at your new place, try not to wait to unpack your boxes. You may not get it all done in one day, but unpacking as soon as possible is the best way to make sure that everything is in its new home quickly. Plus, the sooner you have spots for all of your things, the faster you will get used to the new layout of your home.
As far as your kids go, if they are old enough to unpack their own things, you can easily turn moving day into a fun day filled with packing games and unpacking games. If you ask the moving company in Denver that you hire to place the boxes in the right rooms, unpacking should be a lot simpler. Unpacking quickly is one of the best ways to explore your new place, and to see what you do have and what you need to buy.
Planning Your Move
Aside from finding the perfect spot, informing the kids, changing things like schools and doctors, and actually moving to your new place, there’s a lot that goes into moving day. The whole process can be a lot simpler with a moving company like Exodus on your side. Plus, we also have storage facilities in both Denver and Fort Collins, so you can store anything that doesn’t fit in your home right now. Contact us today for a free moving quote, and we’ll be happy to let you know how quickly we can move you and your family to a new home.
Moving as a single mom isn’t always simple, but we can help make the process simpler. Follow the steps above, and ask us if you need any help when it comes to moving.