Sleeping During a Move: Some Tips
There are a lot of things to think about while preparing for a move. Some of those things may not ever leave your mind, and this can result in many sleepless nights! An overactive mind is something that you can eventually tame, but it will take some know-how to quiet your mind down enough to actually sleep through the night.
As movers in Boulder CO, the Exodus team knows a thing or two about moving, and how to get enough sleep during a move. Here are some helpful tips to assist you with getting that needed sleep every day, so that you can prepare for your move with a clear and rested head.
The Trick to Napping
If you can’t quiet down your mind at first, you may feel exhausted during the daytime. A good way to get the energy you need to go all day long is to stop during the day and take a nap. But, there are tricks to napping. If you nap incorrectly, you may even find that you are more tired than you were when you started, and that defeats the purpose, right? Instead of winding up feeling awful after a nap (which happens to most people), keep these tips in mind.
- Trick yourself into falling asleep right away by sleeping on a bed pillow or putting something else around you that reminds you of nighttime sleep.
- Set your alarm clock for 20 minutes, and do not go over this time no matter how tired you are. Why? If you wake up during the deep stage of sleep, you will feel extremely fatigued. The trick is to wake up before you reach that stage, and that usually happens between 20-30 minutes. You may have to experiment with an alarm clock at first, but you’ll get the hang of it.
- Allow yourself to take the time out to nap. A lot of people feel guilty about napping, but you’ll wake feeling more refreshed than you did when you went to sleep. As a result, you will be more productive, and you will also think clearer. So, really, you should only feel guilty about not taking a nap!
Calming Your Mind at Night
Numerous studies have shown that playing with a phone or tablet before bedtime will keep you awake longer. The colors and screen intensity of a tablet or phone stimulate your brain, and this means that you will not sleep right away. So, the best way to begin sleeping properly is to ban any kind of device from your bedroom. Also, follow these tips:
- Try and do something calming before bed like meditate or go through a special bedtime routine.
- Use calming scents like lavender to soothe your body and mind.
- Try taking a hot bath before bed, and then jumping right into bed.
- Make sure that your room is completely dark, and that no light is allowed to enter into the room.
- If it helps, wear an eye mask or listen to white noise while you sleep.
It can be difficult to calm your mind when there are so many things to think about, that’s for sure, but you can learn to sleep during stressful times if you make the effort to focus on your sleep cycles. Try napping correctly, getting into a bedtime routine, and letting those thoughts that are in your mind move in and out without dwelling on any one thing. It will also help if you have a team of moving professionals to help you out with every aspect of your move — there will be a lot less things to think about!
Working With the Right Moving Team
Many national moving companies like Exodus Moving and Storage provide full services. What are full moving services? Things like packing, unpacking, moving everything, and even moving heavy pieces of furniture to new spots in your home home when the move is complete. A professional team can also handle any shipping requirements, and can help you move even the largest items from one spot to another.
If you can’t fit everything into your new space, you can also rely on a company like Exodus to rent you reliable and secure storage spaces. Having somewhere to put all of that stuff will take a load off of your mind, and that means more sleep for you! If you are looking for Johnston movers, call the Exodus Moving and Storage team today for more details, a free rate quote, and additional information about what we can do for you. In the meantime, focus on getting the sleep that you need to have a carefree move!
Trackback from your site.