Moving is stressful enough. Add onto that the process of finding the best Denver moving company, and you might feel like tearing your hair out! There is so much to think about, so much to do, and forgetting just one detail can spell disaster. How do you get through the process with your sanity intact?
It’s all about planning. Just as with any big decision in your life, you need to ensure you’ve thought through every possible scenario so that you are prepared. If you aren’t prepared, you might as well put on that straight jacket before you’ve even packed a single box.
Through it all, you just want to make sure your stuff makes it to your new home in one piece. Here are some tips to making sure your stuff makes it through the entire process safely.
Do your homework. Sure, that long distance moving company looks all professional with its fancy fleet of trucks and vans and complete menu of packing services, but looks aren’t everything. You need to see how customers feel about them. The internet works to your benefit, really – Facebook is where people are increasingly going to vent frustrations, or sing a company’s praises. Talk to your friends for their recommendations, or take it a step further and contact the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. You’ll be able to see if any claims have been filed against them, and their record with the DOT.
Read the fine print. So many people blindly sign the papers shoved in front of them just to speed along the process. However, when it comes to every single possession you own, you should take a moment to read through that long distance moving company contract. If any wording makes you uneasy, talk about it with the company to see if it can be reworded or changed. Before you sign on that Denver moving company, don’t get pressured into signing a document that makes you uncomfortable!
A word on insurance. Yes, movers are required by law to provide $0.60 per pound to replace items damaged or lost in transit at no cost whatsoever to the customer. When it comes to certain items, it just makes sense to request additional insurance, often $6.00 per pound, or even your own third-party insurance. Items costing over $100 per pound in value require separate insurance. Don’t skip this for those big ticket items – you don’t want to have to pay to replace it!
Supervise. One of the best ways to ensure nothing fishy happens while your house is being packed up and then unpacked at your destination is to be there. Just being physically present in the home during the process can lower the risk of something being stolen. If you can’t be there, see if another family member or friend can be there in your place.
Take advantage of pack-for-you services. If you’ve chosen a trusted moving company, the above scenario is not a concern. When it comes to packing up the boxes that will go on the truck, you might think it’s safer if you pack them so no one is tempted to steal any of the contents. The truth is a reputable moving company is not going to have employees that steal as part of their team. Another fact: it’s safer to leave the packing to the moving company! Why? Because they have the experience to make sure the job is done right. They have the expertise to make sure each item is packed with care, ensuring that all of your belongings remain intact when moving to Loveland, CO.
Make a list, check it twice. Each item should be marked on a master list. Even better is marking the items contained in each specific box. Inspect the items as you unpack, checking each off the list and noting which ones arrived damaged or even missing. If you spot damage, be sure to take pictures. If something appears to be lost, don’t fret – just contact your moving company as soon as possible. The movers might be able to help you locate the missing item. If you don’t like the way your chosen moving company handles the situation, take note of it throughout your communications with them so that you can report them to the proper organization.
Moving to a new place means leaving almost everything behind. Sites like Facebook can help you stay in touch with people from your old town, but getting into a new social scene can be tough. Whether you’re moving to Boulder or any other place, there are some good ways that you can begin building new friendships – give any one of these tactics a shot, just in case you’re worried about what to do on a Friday night.
The Job Plan
If you’re moving for a new job, making friends will be somewhat easier than if you’re a freelancer or moving for another reason. Start talking with your new coworkers, don’t skip those 5-7 happy hours, and make plans with people on the weekends. Hopefully, some of those people will introduce you to other people, and you can begin expanding your network.
The Meetup Spot
Sites like Meetup.com are filled with groups of people with like-minded interests. Find a group that looks appealing to you (based on what you like to do), and join the group for meetups. You may just find one or two really good friends in that group of people.
The Religion Route
Getting involved in community events is simpler if you have a church or other religious meeting spot to go to. As soon as you arrive, introduce yourself to church members, and explain that you are new in town. Before you know it, you will have bake sales and other events to attend throughout the week.
The Fun Way
There were probably a few things that you loved to do in your old town, right? Find those same activities in your new town, sign up, and get involved. As soon as you make your presence known, you will find a whole new group of people that you can become friends with.
Taking First Steps
There are other people out there just like you waiting for new friends to come along too. Connect with those people by asking them to hang out on a weekend, or find out what they like to do in their spare time. Sometimes, meeting new people requires making the first move, so you may have to be the one that does all the inviting. Don’t be shy, and reach out to others in order to make friends. As soon as you start to join groups and meet people, you will have more friends than you can handle!
Hiring National Moving Companies
You can work with national moving companies, or you can find a moving company in Colorado to work with. No matter where you are moving, Exodus Moving and Storage is here to make that transition simpler. In addition to offering full service moving options, we also have storage spaces in both Denver and Fort Collins for you to select from. If you can’t move some of your old things into your new place, just rent a storage space!
Moving to a new town might feel a bit lonely at first, but you can beat those blues by meeting some new and interesting people. Get out there, join some groups, make some new friends, and get into the mix of things. Colorado towns are open and welcoming, and you and your skills are needed and wanted in a number of different places! Since your experiences can help others, we also want to know: how did you make new friends when you moved?
Share your ideas with others on our Facebook page, or let us know what we can do to help you with your move. You can also call us for a free estimate!
When you move, you have to change everything from where you will actually live to the primary care physician you have. While many people simply choose one doctor and stay with that doctor regardless of bedside manner or other details, you should know that you can shop around for a family doctor – and this is really an important step.
Just as anyone else that you may work with regularly (like a dentist or even a therapist), a doctor has to be a good fit for you. So, if you’ve moving to Highlands Ranch or anywhere else in the world, take a look at these tips for finding the perfect doctor before you settle.
- Go with the right person for the job. Not all doctors are created equal, and some doctors are simply family physicians while others are general doctors or internal doctors. What’s the difference? Typically, family doctors focus on you and your entire family, and can do things like send you to specialists when needed. General doctors are kind of like family doctors, but general doctors can treat anyone of any age, and sometimes have specialties. Internal medicine doctors help with chronic diseases including the prevention and treatment of these diseases.
- Find one that works with your insurance plan. Insurance companies work with different doctors and hospitals are discounted rates in order to provide clients with doctors that are called “in plan” doctors. Selecting one of these will help you keep bills down, and you can find the in-plan doctors in your area by calling your insurance company and asking for a list.
- Make sure that you feel at ease with your doctor. When you’re moving to Highlands Ranch, you’ll want to find a doctor that you feel comfortable with. Chances are that this person will know your medical history inside and out, and that they will be the one you tell whenever you are facing a problem or medical concern. It’s important to really trust your doctor, so keep this in mind.
- Find someone that you can easily get to. If you are moving to Highlands ranch for work purposes, you may want to find a doctor near your office. Sometimes, a doctor that’s near to your home is a good idea too, but being able to pop in and out of your doctor’s office while you are at work is never a bad thing. Sometimes you may be able to skip out of work early to visit with your doctor that’s right down the street.
- Staff matters: it’s hard to deal with an aggressive or angry secretary every time you call your doctor’s office, so you may want to find a different doctor if your doctor’s staff is less than kind.
A good family or general doctor will be with you for life, so choose one that you can count on to be there when you need them. Plus, building a solid relationship with your doctor means feeling more comfortable about telling that person everything that is wrong with you physically. Find a doctor that you like, and you’ll feel a lot better about taking care of your body!
If you are moving to Colorado, call Exodus Moving and Storage for all your moving needs. When it comes full service moving companies, Exodus has both a reputation and staff that you can trust. Call us today to find out more about why we are one of the best full service moving companies around, and we’ll be happy to give you a free quote. In the meantime, start your search for a doctor, and pick the one that matches your needs best.
If you are moving to Fort Collins around Thanksgiving Day, you may not have anywhere to enjoy a nice and warm Thanksgiving meal – understandable, since all of your plates and dinnerware will be packed away! But Thanksgiving is such an enjoyable holiday, and you deserve to have a great meal following your move. Here’s a list of some restaurants in the Fort Collins area that will be open and serving up Thanksgiving meals on the big day.
- Perkins Restaurant: this Fort Collins staple is usually known for its pies, but Perkins Restaurant and Bakery will be open on Thanksgiving Day until 3pm. You’ll be able to order all the turkey day fixings if you hit Perkins before then!
- Country Buffet: this restaurant might be a chain, but it’s hard to pass up an entire buffet full of food and turkey day bests, right? If you are really hungry after moving to Fort Collins, Country Buffet is the way to go.
- The Moot House: this steakhouse and pub is serving a Thanksgiving dinner this year, and you can see all of the details on this restaurant’s Facebook page (you may want to make a reservation, this dinner is proving to be very popular!).
- Denny’s: for late night eats, Denny’s restaurants are always available and ready to go when you are, but Denny’s also serves holiday meal specials, so you can count on this restaurant for any holiday meal.
Other Makeshift Dinner Ideas
Even if all of your stuff is packed up after moving to Fort Collins, you can still put together a quick Thanksgiving meal at home. How? Head to one of the markets in town, pick up some prepared foods that you love (and we’re betting you’ll find some of those old comforts in prepared food for too), and set up a picnic table inside of your new place – all you really need are some paper plates and utensils, a few candles, maybe a bottle of wine, and you’re ready to go.
After dinner, you can head outside to explore your new surroundings, check out the amazing landscapes that this town has to offer, and see if any stores are open. Chances are that you’ll find a few stores open on Thanksgiving Day, and you can always go to bed early in order to get up the next morning and see what’s really happening around town. There are also a few events going on that week, so make sure to check out the local calendar to see if you can join in on any holiday activities.
Calling Denver Moving Companies
If you haven’t moved to Fort Collins yet, you may be looking to contact some Denver moving companies in order to get some rates, and to figure out how you are going to move to this beautiful state. You’re in luck, though, because Exodus Moving and Storage is here to help you with your move – no matter where you are coming from. As one of the leading Denver moving companies, we’re more than happy to help you with packing, unpacking, and moving to Colorado from any state – just ask us for a free quote.
We also love to keep all of our clients informed about what’s happening in Denver and in Fort Collins, so make sure to keep up with us on Facebook – and don’t forget to ask us about our storage rates and facilities too. Do you know of a restaurant in Fort Collins that will be open this Thanksgiving Day? Let us know about it here, or leave us a note on Facebook.
Moving with kids is tough. It isn’t really moving to a new home that is stressing them out (unless you have a baby or toddler, in which case it is – babies and toddlers thrive on routine and familiarity). If your kids are school-aged and you’re staying in the same school district, they’re probably excited for the move to the new place. It isn’t the house that’s the problem. It’s when you move out of the district or to a new state entirely, forcing them to go to a new school full of unfamiliar faces.
Sometimes, you just can’t help it – the residential moving company is bringing your stuff to a new state because of your job, or maybe you’re moving to a new country altogether because you’re a military family. Either way, you know that your kids are going to hate you for a short period of time. One way to make sure they bounce back to their old selves is to move to an area where the schools are amazing. But how can you know?
Hooray for the Internet
There is a handy website called Greatschools.org, a place where parents go to rate the schools their children attend so that others looking into schools for their kids can make informed decisions from the advice of actual parents sending their kids there. Who better to recommend the school than the parents sending their kids there? It just makes sense.
Here’s a list of three of the top-rated Fort Collins elementary schools to help you decide the area that’s best for your kids, all compiled by Greatschools.com. The schools listed in this article received the highest score possible, a 10.
Traut Core Elementary
This is a public school offering preschool through fifth grade, and the draw here is the high rate of parental involvement. Any teacher or school administrator will tell you this is the key to a great school. They have a high standard when it comes to a student’s work, but most important is their attention to character.
They know that kids need to learn more than the three Rs – they need to build their character and become strong citizens of their communities. There is such a high standard for excellence here, both academically and personally – the school has been nationally recognized, earning a Blue Ribbon Award for excellence. The school’s national assessment test scores were exceptionally high.
Liberty Common Charter School
A charter school you need to submit a name to enter into the lottery to get in, it is well worth taking the chance. The K-12 school’s ACT scores are extremely high (the highest in Colorado, in fact), and kids that attend are expected to work hard. If you have dreams of your child getting into a top college, this school is a great way to prepare them for that. There is a strict dress code, a zero-tolerance policy on bullying, and very high expectations regarding behavior. It won the John Irwin Award for three years straight (2010-2012).
Extracurricular activites abound – recycling club, robotics club, jazz band, drama, and more. If your child is a gifted and talented student, there is a selection of college prep and AP classes to challenge them. The school also features sports fields for baseball, cross country, soccer, volleyball, and basketball to name a few. Or participate in chess club. If you’re struggling with a certain class, attend homework club for extra help.
Coyote Ridge Elementary
This school serves students in grades K-5, and parents just love it. The teachers care about each individual student, and make sure that each of them is getting what they need from their time at school each day. The school fosters a sense of community and focuses on both academics and character, nurturing the whole child. Test scores are high – all above the 90th percentile – and this is attributed to the teaching methodology. Teachers here teach to the students’ interests, based on research showing that kids learn better about things they are curious about.
This year, the school won two awards from the Colorado Department of Education – both the John Irwin Award and the Governor’s Distinguished Improvement Award. There is a wide variety of extracurricular things – choir, walking club, chess club, Lego club, and more – and parents have put in over 6,000 hours of volunteer time over the past year. It’s a wonderful community here. If you need help getting here, call your Colorado moving company, Exodus, today. We’ve been Fort Collins’ top residential moving company for many years for a reason! Or, find us on Facebook. Your Colorado moving company awaits.
Do any of these schools sound like a good fit for your child?
Sometimes you just need to jump as high in the air as you possibly can. When that need arises, moving to Fort Collins will seem like a very good idea – and it is. The city has just gained a new Trampoline Park that features 14,000 square feet of trampolines, basketball courts, dodgeball courts, and other family fun areas.
The Trampoline Details
The obvious point of having 14,000 square feet of trampoline, basketball, and dodgeball goodness is to simply get out and play, but the Fly High Trampoline Park does more than that. It encourages families and corporate teams to do something completely out of the ordinary – how often have you had the chance to bounce around on a trampoline? This trampoline park also offers event scheduling, and it’s hard to think of a better way to celebrate a birthday after moving to Fort Collins.
Fly High Trampoline Park looks like a lot of fun, but it’s just one of the many reasons why moving to Fort Collins is a great idea. This part of the world is laid-back, family-oriented, and ready to accept and greet new members of its city as they come – and lots of people come to Fort Collins from all over the world! Even though Fort Collins (and Colorado in general) is an ideal place to spend a lot of time outdoors, centers like the Fly High Trampoline Park provide people that live here with the opportunity to spend some energy when it’s not possible to go outside.
For Adults Too
It’s clear why any kid would love Fly High, but this center is for adults too. The park includes adult-only hours and rates, so make sure to check that out if you love the idea of bouncing high on a trampoline while letting the day’s worries melt away. The other really great thing about the concept of jumping on trampolines is that it happens to be an excellent way to exercise. Did you know that you can burn approximately 400 calories when you jump on a trampoline for one hour? Even though one hour on a treadmill might seem like a horrible idea, one hour on a trampoline passes really quickly!
Fort Collins is an ideal place to live simply because it’s an area that’s clean, surrounded by amazing landscapes, and is home to great things like the Fly High Trampoline Park. Exodus Moving and Storage has no legal association with this park, but we certainly love the idea of a trampoline center! We also love the concept of new businesses opening up in Fort Collins. Not only is this a great place to live, but it’s also one of the best places to open a business.
Getting to Fort Collins
The first thing that you’ll have to do if you want to move to Fort Collins is figure out where you want to live (we have a ton of information about the various parts of this town on our blog, so make sure to take a look!). The second thing to think about is how to find the best Colorado moving company for your trip – or, you could just call Exodus! As a top Colorado moving company, we have many years of experience helping people and businesses of all kinds (and from all places) move to Colorado.
Whether you are heading in this direction because you want to bounce on trampolines regularly or because you are seeking a positive change, Exodus Moving and Storage can make it all happen on time and at the right price. Give us a call today to see what we can do for you when it comes to moving, and let us know if there’s anything that you want to know more about from your Colorado moving company.
When the weather starts to get a bit colder, we think about snow – and skiing! In Colorado, we love the winter months because those chilly days and nights mean lots of fluffy snow, winter sunshine, and plenty of activity on some of the U.S.’s greatest slopes. Forbes recently rated the top 10 Ski Resorts in the United States for the 2014 year, and we’re betting you’re going to like what you see if you are planning a move and looking for a long distance moving company.
Telluride CC Photo Courtesy of Chuckcars
Number 6: Vail, Colorado. Is it any real surprise that Vail has made this list? For many years now, Vail has been a top ski destination. Vail boasts nearly 350 inches of snow per year, and this resort is seriously massive. Since Vail is a top destination for people from Colorado and all over the world, it’s a good idea to buy your pass and book your hotel room in advance.
Number 9: Telluride, Colorado. Telluride is a cozier version of Vail, and this ski resort also boasts tons of activities for you to do while you are at the resort. It’s hard to think of a reason why you’d need a car or alternate transportation while at Telluride, too, since this resort really has it all – and all of the things you want are close together. A helpful gondola will shuttle you from town to slope, too, so all you have to do is get there.
Number 1: Jackson Hole Resort, Wyoming. Even though Wyoming is the first on the Forbes list, if you are planning a move to Colorado, you’ll be happy to note that this resort is only about six hours away by car, and a lot closer by plane. We think that the resorts in Colorado are more than amazing, but you can head to Jackson Hole for a weekend getaway if you’re seeking a new kind of adventure.
Fort Collins Skiing
Eldora Mountain Resort: there’s something great about Eldora Mountain Resort. Even though it’s not as big as Telluride or Vail, Eldora has a lot to offer new and seasoned skiers. Plus, Eldora is only 70 miles away from Fort Collins – that’s hard to beat.
Snowy Range Ski Area: if you’re looking for something that’s really close to Fort Collins, Snowy Range is approximately 32 miles away. There are lots of things to do in this area too, so you can bring your skis, and maybe some snowshoes along as well!
Loveland: the Loveland area is home to a ski resort or two that is perfect for beginners. If you’re looking for the whole ski school experience, Loveland has the best slopes to test out your ski feet. Plus, this area is home to Matrimony Mountain, which is literally a mountaintop where couples go to wed – after the ceremony, a big party happens at the base.
Long Distance Moving Company Options
It’s not easy to find the right long distance moving company, and we know how tricky it can be. But, we’re also happy to offer all of our clients top rated moving services including unpacking, packing, and everything in between. We will make sure that all your ski gear gets where it needs to go, and that all of your belongings are transported properly.
There are lots of Denver moving companies to select from, but we think that our reputation stands out amongst the rest of the Denver moving companies. Plus, we are one of the few Denver moving companies to offer storage options in both Denver and Fort Collins – just in case you have too much ski gear! Give us a call today for a free estimate, or ask us about any of our moving services.
Are you bringing your pooch along when you move to Colorado? Or, are you thinking about adopting a furry friend from one of Colorado’s many shelters? If so, you’ll need to know about all of the best dog parks in this state, so that you can find a great outdoor play place. As movers in Colorado, we have the advantage of seeing plenty of different dog parks during our moves, and here’s our best list of places to bring your best friend.
CC Image courtesy of Doug Brown via Flickr
1. Lowry Dog Park: this park is located in Denver, and it’s an “off-leash” park, which means that you can let your dog run around without a leash – doesn’t that sound like fun?
2. Railyard Dog Park: this park is also located in Denver, but this off-leash park is a bit different than the rest. Railyard includes fenced in areas for dogs that are both hyper and those that are more relaxed. If your pup is on the hyper side, he can play with other high-spirited dogs. If your dog is more on the calm side, he can sit coolly in the shade while other dogs roam around. The choice is yours.
3. Durango Dog Park: really, it’s hard to beat the location of this off leash park in Durango. Why? Because it sits next to a river that your dog is more than welcome to play in, and there’s a very large open air space next to the riverside where you can both lay down and cool off. This Durango dog park is really amazing!
4. Spring Canyon Dog Park: this park is located in Fort Collins, and it comes with picnic tables, benches – and water fountains for your dog! Plus, this is another off leash area, so you can let your dog run freely.
5. Fossil Creek Dog Park: here’s another popular Fort Collins spot that’s bustling with doggies of all kinds. Fossil Creek is smaller than most of the other parks, but it has plenty of great things for your dog to do, and you’ll love chatting with other doggie owners in this park too.
Time to Move to Colorado!
If you haven’t already moved to Colorado, you’ll need to start packing and planning soon. Hiring movers in Colorado to get you (and your pup) where you need to go is the best way to pull it all off without a hitch. Exodus Moving and Storage has been moving people to and from Denver and Fort Collins for years now, and we’re more than happy to move you too. We also offer large storage spaces for your stuff (and your dog’s stuff!) in both Denver and Fort Collins, so ask us about those prices when you call.
Colorado is bursting with places for your dog to play, and you won’t have a hard time finding amazing dog parks in any town that you move to in this state. The best park about a dog park is that you get to step outside and enjoy the open air too, so make sure to enjoy Colorado’s dog parks as soon as you get here. We also want to know what your favorite Colorado dog park location is, so leave us a note below.
Call Exodus Moving and Storage today for prices, details, and anything else that you want to know about. We also invite you to take a look around our site for additional information about moving, home sales, and all kinds of fun things to do in and around Colorado at any time of the year. Got a doggie park tip? Leave a note on the Exodus Moving and Storage blog!
If you’re tired of big city life, Colorado is the place that you want to move to. This state boasts lots of great small towns that force you to pause, breathe in fresh air, and remember what life at a slower pace is like. Here are some of the top small towns in Colorado to consider moving to.
CC Image courtesy of rottnapples via Flickr
1. Fairplay: this town has around 700 residents, and it’s filled with open fields, views of mountaintops, and simple country life. Plus, Fairplay isn’t too far from Breckenridge (about 30 minutes) or Denver (about 90 minutes).
2. Monument: this town is approximately 20 minutes from Colorado Springs, and it’s home to around 5,000 residents.
3. Steamboat Springs: you’ll find around 12,000 people call Steamboat Springs home, and it’s a really popular place to live if you love to ski – but don’t want to face the high prices of Aspen.
4. Windsor: this town has slightly more people (around 19,000), but it still has that small town feel to it. Windsor is approximately thirty minutes away from Fort Collins, and roughly a hour away from Denver. Windsor also boasts some great ski and boarding trails.
5. Fort Collins: this town is slightly larger than Windsor, and some many consider it a suburban type area, but Fort Collins has a lot to offer – really, it’s a mix of both city and country life. Around 100,000 people live in Fort Collins – including the Exodus Moving and Storage team, your Colorado moving company!
Picking Your Small Town
It’s a good idea to visit the town you are considering during many different seasons. Small farm towns can seem really charming during the summer months when the flowers are in bud and things seems to be very much alive, but find out what that town is like during the winter months. Likewise, cities can be fun to visit during the wintertime with lights and sleigh rides, but some really popular areas may feel crowded and hot during the summertime.
You really can’t go too wrong when you move to Colorado, though, as long as you pick the right residential moving companies! Most of the small towns here are simply charming, and you will feel nicely removed from the stress and pressures of big city life when you live in a small town. You may also want to consider renting a place in a city like Denver, and buying a house in a smaller town like Windsor – the possibilities are endless, but you will have to get to that small town first.
We are proud to offer a number of different moving services to anyone interested in moving to Colorado or seeking information about residential moving companies. Our full service moving solutions include packing, unpacking, and even moving all of those large and heavy items. We also give free estimates, and we’re happy to come out to your home (if you live nearby) to give you a clear idea of costs. You can also call us to ask about any of our residential moving company services or costs, and we’ll give you exact details.
We know that sometimes you can’t move all of your items to a new place, even though you may want to. In that case, we offer storage solutions and small storage spaces that can be rented out monthly. Call our Colorado moving company to learn more about our storage offerings, and see what kinds of spaces we recommend for the things that you want to store. Our storage facilities are located in both Denver and Fort Collins.
If you’re moving to Colorado, what towns are you considering? Are you move interested in small towns or large cities? We’d love to hear more!
CC Image courtesy of Chris Ford via Flickr
Okay, it may not be Paris, but Colorado has tons of amazingly romantic places to bring your loved one. If you are moving to Colorado or you just got here, take the time to plan a trip to one of the following locations – you won’t be sorry!
1. Denver in the snow. Is there anything more romantic than horse-drawn carriages, ice-skating, and the twinkle of city lights all beneath freshly fallen snow? We didn’t think so! If you are in Denver during the wintertime, you’ll quickly understand why this city is full of romantic charm.
2. Mountain lodge escapes: there are too many to list all of the romantic mountain lodges here, but doesn’t the idea of your mate, no Internet, and a cozy fire just sound delightful?
3. The stars! That one might sound a bit vague, but the idea is to climb up to a mountain top at dusk, sit down on a comfortable blanket, and stare at the stars – we promise you that you’ve never seen stars like these before!
4. Aspen’s fall scene. Some people head to New England to see the leaves turn color, but Colorado natives know that Aspen is the place to be. The whole town simply turns to gold when the fall season comes – not to be missed.
CC Image courtesy of Jesse Varner via Flickr
5. Aspen ski lodges. Oh, we just love the winter months here, can you tell? If you like to ski, you have to check out one of Colorado’s slopes. Even if you don’t like to ski, you can wear all the gear and snuggle up next to your partner near a roaring fire.
6. Hot Springs: some say that Strawberry Park Hot Springs are the best, and others prefer different locations. Either way, soaking in natural hot springs brings romance to a whole new level, and you can stay overnight in a cozy lodge too.
7. Camping and hiking. Again, the focus here is getting away from the connected world by pitching a tent and doing some real camping and hiking. If you love to hike, there’s really no better place in the world than Colorado. Pick a trail, grab some gear, and get to know Mother Nature on a whole new level – that’s what Colorado is all about!
We’ll Help You Get Here
You can’t really enjoy Colorado unless you can get here, right? Well, that’s where we come in. At Exodus Moving and Storage movers in Fort Collins, our mandate is to make sure that your move to Colorado is a smooth one. We’re happy to help you with any aspect of moving that you need assistance with, and we’ll even tell you some of our favorite Colorado spots! We also know that you can’t always bring everything with you, and that’s why, as movers in Fort Collins, we offer storage spaces in both Denver and Fort Collins. Just ask us about a free moving quote or about the price of our rental spaces, we are happy to help you out.
You may not have thought that Colorado is a romantic place (unless you already live here!), but this state is by far one of the most sought after by couples seeking to really escape the hectic life that is modern life. When you get here, simply step outside and enjoy what you see. One of the great things about Colorado, too, is that every season has something unique and different for you and your love to enjoy, so make sure to take advantage of it all. Call us today for information about movers in Fort Collins, or getting a moving quote, and let us know: what is your favorite romantic Colorado spot?