Although it isn’t really something any employee expects, sometimes the opportunity to relocate in order to staff a new branch in another state comes up. Or maybe you just need to find a new job, and you decide that the best thing for you would be to relocate with the help of a Boulder moving company. Either way, it is a daunting task that can frighten anyone.
Try to ease some stress with these tips on making it easier offered by Business Insider. The more prepared you are, the more confident you’ll be. Here are some common fears, and how to get around them.
- Finding a place to call home. How can you choose a house or apartment when you have no clue about the city and its demographics? Turn to the internet, looking at things like crime rate, school districts, and other important stats. Since you’ve already landed the new job, give your new employer a call. They can recommend stellar neighborhoods, pointing you to various neighborhoods to look in. Contact the local chamber of commerce for advice as well, and visit the city’s website to access all there is to do. Are you more of a keep-to-yourself type of person, looking for seclusion? Avoid those listings in the heart of the city. If you’re a night-on-the-town type of person, you’ll want to get as close to the action as you can. Remember that no matter what you want, don’t compromise on those things that are important to you and your lifestyle. You’ll want to make this your last move for a while! When you’ve narrowed your list of options, you’ll want to visit them physically to make sure everything is going to work out. It’s important – things just look different when you’re looking at pictures on a computer!
- Cost. This tops the list of concerns. It might not be moving to Fort Collins that scares you, but the cost associated with moving there. It’s important to determine a budget for your move, not forgetting to include your cost of living for the first month or two. Don’t forget: new employer means there will be a delay in receiving that first paycheck! If you rely on a Denver moving company to get you there, you’ll know that you’ll be getting a great deal on the move.
- The hassle of packing. If there’s one thing people hate just as much as moving, it’s packing up their belongings. Not only is it back breaking work, it’s nerve wracking – what if you don’t pack it up sufficiently and it is damaged mid-move? You don’t need to stress about this. Just turn to your full service moving company. They’ll do more than just move your belongings from point A to point B. They’ll pack it all up for you, ensuring that it’s done right. If you’ll be in temporary housing at first until your place is ready for move-in, put as much as you can in storage so that you aren’t packing and unpacking everything twice.
- Losing touch with old friends. It’s pretty easy to stay in touch with old friends, whether they are old neighbors, or colleagues. Technology like Skype, FaceTime, and Facebook make it easier than ever to share with them what you’re up to, and see what they’re doing. Send emails each month or week, making it more personal than having them just keep up with your Facebook status updates. Once you’ve settled, invite them to visit when they get the opportunity. Don’t forget how special a phone call can be!
- You don’t know anything about your new city. We really take things for granted when we are familiar with our surroundings. We don’t realize it until we are immersed into a completely unfamiliar place. Even if you’ve visited the city in question, you have no idea about specifics – where the local pharmacy is, where the best manicure in the city can be obtained, or where to find the very best latte. Talk to your new coworkers, neighbors, anyone really. They can help, from finding a barber to which grocery store is closest to your new home.
- Meeting new people. Some people don’t like mixing business with pleasure. If this is you, how are you supposed to meet people? It’s simple – head out there and find some activities to join. Whether it’s a knitting club, a yoga class, or just joining a gym, getting out there in the community with people who enjoy the same things you do is a surefire way to meet the perfect new friend! Another great tip: go through your friend list on Facebook and contacts on LinkedIn. You just might find a colleague or acquaintance who lives nearby, hiding within that list!
Even if you’ve hired movers in Boulder CO to move your items from one place to another, you may have a long drive ahead of you all the same. Most people that move long distances drive to their new destination, and this may include many hours inside of a vehicle with very little stopping time.
It’s important that you stay safe while you are driving, which is why we want to share with you some basic tips on how to stay awake while you are on the road. It’s not easy to keep your eyes open when you’ve been driving for so long, but these basic tricks will help you stay alert and awake.
- Don’t drive for more than ten hours at a time. Technically, you can drive for 16 hours, but it’s better to abide by the ten hour rule. Your body will be very tired after ten hours of driving — and the kids in the back will probably be more than a little restless too! Stop after ten hours, rest overnight, and then continue the next morning.
- Get a good night of sleep before you leave. Sleeping in your home for the last time can be a hard thing to do, but it’s vital that you do get proper sleep before you hit the road. If you can’t sleep, try some things to help you fall asleep faster like meditation, sleeping pills, or anything else you can think of that will help. You’ll be glad you slept well when you do finally hit the road in the morning.
- Remember that coffee takes at least twenty minutes to kick in. So, if you’re driving and you’re tired, go inside of that coffee shop to sip on some coffee, and skip the drive through. You’ll need the extra time to allow the caffeine to kick in.
- It has been proven that things like turning up the radio and opening the window do not actually keep you awake when driving. If you are feeling so sleepy that you can’t drive without a blast of cold air in your face, it’s time to pull over. You can find a rest stop where you can take a nap, or find a hotel along the way.
- Map it all out. The best way to make sure that you are driving safely is to map out your route before you leave. Figure out how long it takes to drive from one spot to the next, and include rest spots. You can also find hotels along the route that you can stop at. Trust us, anyone that’s traveling with you would be very happy to stop overnight, and not be stuck in the car for hours on end!
- Make it fun. Driving a long distance doesn’t have to be stressful in the least. You can make the whole trip a lot of fun by finding places to stop along the way, hitting up some really interesting restaurants, and by finding hotels that the kids will love. Besides, there’s a good chance that you’ve never been to some of the towns you’ll be passing, right? Why not take the time to stop, eat, shop and explore those towns? You’ll find an adventure awaits at every turn.
Moving Can be a Breeze
When you work with the right moving company, getting to your new home doesn’t have to be rough. You can leave for your trip a few days ahead of time, and work with a company like Exodus that can pack up all of your remaining items for you. So all you have to do is jump in the car, plan out a fun route, and get where you need to go. A professional moving company can handle the rest and meet you at your new home on time and as planned — without a hitch.
If you’re looking for Longmont movers, Exodus Moving and Storage has the best moving company in Fort Collins, the best rates, a professional team of movers that will never let you down, and we also have storage rental spaces in both Denver and Fort Collins. Our goal is to make sure that your move is as stress free as possible, and that includes taking care of all the small details while you plan out your move. We know that you have questions, so we invite you to check out this blog, call us for more information, or connect with us on Facebook. We will be happy to answer any questions that you have as soon as possible.
If you are planning any kind of road travel in the future, heed the above tips, and make sure that you and your passengers are safe when you travel. Falling asleep at the wheel is a real thing, but it’s also something that you can avoid with some careful planning.
Lots of stuff to put in the bedroom and a small bedroom space don’t mix. This is a common problem that people often face when moving to a new place, or trying to make sense of an older space. Bedrooms should be serene, so that you can sleep with ease, but a small bedroom can easily become cluttered. What should you do with all of your things, and how can you really maximize the space inside of a small bedroom? Here are some helpful tips.
Make the most of your bed space. There are plenty of bed frames that come with storage space underneath, and you can also buy plastic containers that can easily hold anything you can’t fit in a close or inside of a bureau. Placing things under your bed (in a neat way) can really give you a lot more space.
Change your bedside table choice. Either purchase a floating shelf or drawer that’s completely off of the floor, or find slim side tables with drawers. If you can put stuff into your bedside table drawers, you’ll instantly have more space. (Just don’t let those drawers turn into junk piles!)
Figure out how to best organize your closet. You can hire a closet designer to come into your home and give you the best organizational tips, or you can purchase closet organization racks and other items that will give you more space. If your shoes are on the floor and your clothes are hard to find, it’s time to think of an alternative way to store stuff in your closet.
Organize your drawers. If your bureau is overflowing with items, you are really not alone — most people do not have clearly organized bureau drawers. But fixing this problem is easy enough with some simple drawer dividers sold at most home stores.
Get into the habit of cleaning everything in your room once per month. If you have books stacked and overflowing on your table, stuff under your bed, and drawers that resemble rummage piles, it’s time to start cleaning. Toss anything that’s seen better days, and try to get rid of things that just aren’t in good shape. If you do this once per month, you’ll quickly start to tidy up.
Reorganize the way that you stack your shirts. If you store your t-shirts inside of your bureau, consider stacking them in a different way. Instead of piling one on top of the other, stack shirts sideways and neatly folded, so that you can see everything that’s inside of a drawer.
It’s All About Organization
Small spaces don’t lend themselves to too much clutter. Look for furniture items that double as storage pieces with drawers or hidden compartments, keep as much furniture as possible off of the floor, separate and organize your bureau, and invest in a close organizational system when necessary. The trick to a smaller space is all about organizing, and this can begin before you move to your new home.
Your Upcoming Move
If you are looking for movers in Boulder CO, call Exodus Moving and Storage for a free quote. As one of the top moving companies in Fort Collins, we can help you pack, move, unpack, and even help you when it comes to storage space (we have storage facilities in both Fort Collins and Denver). Also, make sure to look for a moving checklist on this blog — we’ve compiled plenty of things not to forget for you here! You can also find us on Facebook if you have any additional questions or comments. Call us today to set up your move!
As the warmer weather draws to a close, you might be wondering what to do with your boat – or how to store your boat if you’re moving to a new place during the fall season. At Exodus Moving and Storage, we offer storage space in both Denver and Fort Collins, and our larger spaces can accommodate a boat, so make sure to ask.
Boat CC Photo Courtesy of Yamaha Watercraft Group
But we want to be certain that you store your boat properly, too. This way, you can forget all about your boat during the winter months, and simply enjoy all of the snow-filled fun that Colorado has to offer.
Here are some tips from your Colorado moving company on how to properly store a boat.
1. If you have a smaller boat, the best way to store it is up on some kind of lift (like cinder blocks), and upside down. That’s right, flip your boat upside down for really good storage. But, obviously, you can’t do this with a much larger boat.
2. Boats that are bigger than 20 feet long can be stored inside of a storage unit, or by attaching the boat to a trailer, and parking the entire thing inside of a storage unit. If you don’t’ have a garage, the storage units from your Colorado moving company will work just as well – and your boat will be protected from the elements (although we do recommend covering the boat if possible).
3. For very large boats, you may find that your boat won’t fit into a storage unit. In this case, it is better to contact a marina, and make sure that your boat is covered, sealed, and stored properly.
What to Ask At the Marina
You probably paid a lot for your boat, right? That means that you’ll want to take every precaution to protect your investment. Before you choose a marina, ask the following key questions.
1. How will my boat be stored?
2. What kind of wrapping will be used to seal the boat?
3. What happens if my boat is stored outside, and weather damage occurs?
4. Do you have enough space to store my boat inside?
If possible, storing a boat indoors is always best, but that’s not always a possibility when it comes to a marina full of yachts. However, you can check around to make sure that you choose the best and most responsible boatyard. Otherwise, you may end up with boat storage that doesn’t cover the basic elements, and that could mean a disaster for you.
Keep in mind, too, that your insurance might not cover damages if your boat hasn’t been stored properly, so look into those details before deciding how to store your boat.
Moving Your Boat
As your Colorado moving company, we can help you move any boat of any size from your current location to your new one. If you do want to rent out a storage space in order to keep your boat safe during the winter months, we can help you with that too. Ask us about our storage spaces, rental sizes, and prices. In addition to properly storing your boat, we also recommend that you thoroughly clean your boat before storage – this way, your boat will be ready to roll by the time next summer rolls around.
How do you store your boat? Let us know by leaving a note on this blog, or by leaving a comment on our Facebook page. Either way, we will get back to you quickly with a response, and we’d love to hear how you go about storing your boat for the winter. In the meantime, if you need a long distance moving company, contact Exodus today – we are both a long distance moving company and a short distance company.
Here on the Exodus Moving and Storage blog, we talk about a lot of different things related to housing, moving, and storage. But every once in a while, something pops up in the news that’s truly unique – like the Three Squared construction project that aims to turn shipping containers into condo units.
Container CC Photo Courtesy of Luke Price
Three Squared is a modular living company that makes a habit out of turning old shipping containers into homes for people of all types. The project that the company is currently working on will have the same idea in mind, but it will include an entire building that will be constructed entirely from shipping containers, and later sold as condos.
With the Wright Help
As you might imagine, making a cluster of shipping containers look great is no small feat. That’s why Three Squared has teamed up with Eric Lloyd Wright and Associates (Eric is Frank Lloyd Wright’s grandson) to make sure that the project has a lot of style and architecturally pleasing elements.
The project is being called the Rosa Parks Project, and it’s already underway. The Parks Project will consist of 20 units that are comprised of more than 90 shipping containers, and the building will be four-stories tall. The condominium complex will also be energy efficient with ductless air conditioning and heating, which will reduce energy costs drastically. The Rosa Parks project is underway right now in Detroit, and the company expects construction to be complete at the end of this summer.
Moving Into a Novel Home
Three Squared does have a great idea. Shipping containers are often abandoned once companies no longer use those containers, and recycling them by turning the containers into homes is really a brilliant concept. Even though Three Squared hasn’t yet begun any projects in Colorado, the company does plan to expand across the United States and internationally over the next few years. When that time does come, residential moving companies can help you get settled into your architectural wonder.
Three Squared might be onto something with the new developments too. Even though the concept is somewhat different, turning things that have no real purpose into things that have a lot of purpose is meaningful and important for our environment. So, if you see a Three Squared project in your neighborhood, you may want to take a look at it. It’s easy to ignore a lot of new condo projects because there are so many in every town and city, but these are entirely unique, and we’re glad we found about about them, so that we can share this idea with you!
Helping You Move
It would be great to hear from some people that are planning to move into a Three Squared building, but even if you aren’t moving into a shipping container unit we can help you get where you need to go. As far as residential moving companies go, Exodus Moving and Storage is one that you can completely rely on when moving to Fort Collins.
We also offer storage rental facilities in both Denver and Fort Collins (though not in the form of shipping containers), so call us for storage or for your moving needs if you are moving to Fort Collins any time soon. Also, make sure to check out our Facebook page for tips on moving to Fort Collins, moving to Boulder, and for lots of fun updates. Have you seen this development? What do you think of shipping container homes?
Exodus Moving and Storage is more than just a Denver moving company. We also have large storage facilities in both Denver and Fort Collins, in case you need to store some of your items. We know that figuring out what kind of a storage space to rent, or how to rent one, can be a challenge, so we’ve come up with a list of things to consider when it comes to renting any storage space – let us know if you have any questions by leaving a comment on this blog or on our Facebook page.
Figure Out What You Need to Keep
The most important thing to consider when it comes to storage space is whether or not you actually need to store some of your stuff. Take a look at the things you are considering storing, and ask yourself if you need to keep the items at all. If you haven’t used something in the past two years, you may not need to keep it. On the flip side, items like furniture that you will want down the road can be easily stored in a safe and secure location.
CC Image courtesy of
Scott Miller via Flickr
Determine the Size of the Storage Space
It can be tempting to pick the largest space just in case you have more things to store, but you’ll want to make sure that you use all of the space you’re paying for. As a general rule of thumb, here’s some help deciding on the right sized space:
- 5x5x10: small boxes of items like dishes
- 5x10x10: this space should be big enough to store items from a one-bedroom place
- 10x15x10: this space is large enough for a three-bedroom home
- 10x30x10: this is the large space that you’ll want to rent if you are storing items from a seven-bedroom place.
These are just general guidelines, and the most accurate way to rent a space is to call Exodus Moving and Storage, so that we can give you a better estimate of the space that you will need.
How to Choose a Company
If you live in Fort Collins, we can guarantee that we offer the best value for your dollar when it comes to storage spaces. As a Denver moving company, we have been helping people store all kinds of items (large and small) for many years now, and we can estimate the size of the space that you will need. If you do not live in Colorado, make sure to do your homework. Not all storage companies are the same, and some offer better options than others. It’s also important that the property is guarded on a regular basis, and that there is some insurance in case something does happen to the property.
It’s hard to pick a storage space if you don’t currently live in the area where your items will be stored, so take a close look at the reviews that you can find online, and ask your friends and family members for recommendations. You can also call any storage company to ask about details, what’s included in the rental price, and learn more about the contract that you will have to sign. Calling a company is an excellent way to learn what the people working at a company are like too.
Renting a Space With Exodus
This Denver moving company is more than happy to help you out with any storage rental space or moving estimate questions that you have. We will do our best over the phone to predict the size and shape space that you will need, and we’ll even help you move your items to your new storage space if you need some assistance. Call us today for information about our storage facilities, or for a moving estimate, and we’ll find the perfect rental space for you.
If you are just moving to Fort Collins and you are looking for an executive home rental (or trying to set up one of your clients or workers with a home rental), you may find the process a bit confusing. Executive home rentals are not quite the same as regular home rentals. Instead, these rentals are often fully furnished to accommodate executives that may not stay in one spot for a long period of time. The trick to finding a good home rental of this type is to find one that includes nice furniture, and a nice neighborhood.
Giving it a Google
If you Google the term “Executive Home Rentals” you will come up with hundreds (maybe thousands) of hits. You’ll even find some places that cater to the Fort Collins area. But, this isn’t the best way to find a good rental. A much better way is to contact a local real estate agent, and ask about executive rental options. How does that work?
Image courtesy of justephens via Flickr
Contacting a Rental Agent
Real estate agents often help homeowners rent out houses for corporate purposes. You can ask an agent to look for a home in a specific neighborhood, find a place that meets certain requirements, and look for specifics like:
• A non-smoking home
• A place with a pool or backyard
• A separate living and dining room
• A full kitchen
If the person you’re trying to find a rental for has a specific list of requirements, just ask a real estate agent to try and find a home that matches those things. You’ll find that a lot of homes are nicely equipped, and it may not be hard to find what you’re looking for. If you can’t find what you need through a rental agent, you may be able to find a home for rent that’s not advertised.
Word of Mouth
You can ask friends and family members if they know of any homes for rent, but another way to read reviews and find a good place is to visit a website like Yelp. You’ll find that home rentals are often reviewed on those sites, and you’ll get a better idea of what you can expect to find when you do rent a home. Another way to find a home rental is to check out a site like AirBnB.
Most of the time, AirBnB homeowners can accommodate long-term rentals. Plus, these places are always fully furnished, and you can read through stacks of reviews written by previous renters. If you aren’t moving to Fort Collins but you’re moving to another country, you can find numerous other websites like AirBnB (and this site also works in many other countries) where rentals are listed and rated. It’s always best to check out a place in-person first, if possible, but you can rely on reviews if you can’t visit before you move.
Storing Your Stuff
Sometimes you can’t move anything into a rental, but you may not be sure if you are staying in an area for a long period of time or not. What can you do with all of your personal items and furniture? You can rent out a storage space from Exodus Moving and Storage, your Fort Collins movers. We offer plenty of storage options in both Fort Collins and Denver for you to choose from. Call us (your Fort Collins movers) and ask us about our storage space sizes and costs – we’re sure to have what you need if you need to store some items with us!
We can also help you when it comes to moving to or from Fort Collins or Denver. Since Exodus Moving and Storage is a full-service moving company, we can provide you with everything that you need to move from A to Z. Call us today for a free estimate, to see what kinds of storage options we have for you, or to find out what we can help you with when it comes to moving or to storage. We know that it’s hard to find the right executive rental, but you can find something great while you’re in the transition phase if you check out the sites listed above, or contact a local real estate agent. Call your Fort Collins movers at Exodus Moving and Storage today!
Moving to a cold climate from a warm one can be a shock. This is especially true if you’ve never lived in a cold climate before. To make sure that you’re nice and cozy this winter in Denver, there are a few things that you can do before you move (and when you arrive!).
Getting Around Town
Living in an air-conditioned space? You’ll want to adjust to driving life in a cold climate as soon as possible, and that might mean doing some things that you’ve never done before!
Buying a set of all-season or winter tires
Making sure your car has antifreeze
Learning to drive on ice and in snow
Keeping a warm kit in your car that includes a hat, gloves, blanket, and other warm items
Packing a shovel in your truck – just in case
If you don’t have all-wheel drive, consider purchase ice grippers too
You can always take public transportation during those really cold days, of course. Just keep in mind that you will have to prepare for unshoveled sidewalks and the occasional bout of cold wind or ice. That brings me to the next thing that you need to know: what to wear!
What to Wear In Cold Weather
CC Image courtesy of PLeia2 on Flickr
The first thing that you’ll want to purchase is a warm jacket that was made just for those cold winter months – don’t go cheap when it comes to buying outdoor gear! Make sure that your jacket can handle those particularly cold days.
You’ll need some other things too like:
A warm winter hat
Some cozy gloves
Tall winter boots
Clothes that you can layer
Sunglasses – it’s sunny during the winter months!
And at home, you’ll want to purchase a nice and warm blanket or down comforter, some wool socks or other really warm socks, and things that will keep your home nice and warm all winter long. If you have any drafts in your new place, make sure to place draft dodgers or isolation material on those spots.
Life At Home
If you are moving to an apartment or condo, you won’t have to worry about shoveling and other outdoor maintenance issues. If you are moving to a home, hiring a plow company to take care of snowfall after really big snowstorms is a good idea. It’s also not a bad thought to purchase a bag or two of salt that you can distribute across your driveway or walkway when things get icy. Wintertime means cranking up the heat, too, so prepare for a few extra costs.
Moving During the Winter Months
Moving during the wintertime can be a lot of fun. Snowflakes and beautiful scenery makes the world a much brighter place, and that can be a really big part of enjoying your winter move. Plus, most people don’t move during the wintertime, so you’ll have a much better chance of picking the exact date that you want to move. Of course, hiring a professional moving team makes life simpler too. At Exodus Moving and Storage, we take care of all your moving needs, so that all you have to do is book a time, pack your stuff, buy that winter gear, and enjoy your new life in lovely Denver. If you’ve never lived in a cold environment before, winter might be a bit of a shock.
But, there’s no better place to be during the holiday season than smack in the middle of a winter wonderland. You’ll soon understand why so many songs were written about winter, and why Denver is a popular tourist attracting during ski season. Snow might be cold and wind might be hard at times, but there’s nothing quite like the glint of sunshine off of a snow bank on a warm winter day. Come to Denver, and let us help you make your life here great by kicking it all off with a pleasant move.
If you have any questions about moving to Denver, where to store your stuff in Denver, or what Denver moving company to call, just ask us. We’re happy to give you an estimate over the phone, and we can’t wait to do business with you. Moving to Denver? You’ll want Exodus Moving and Storage on your side! Call us today!
You have small things, large things, and in-between things, right? So, how can you find the right size storage unit for all of that stuff? There are some basic guidelines that you can follow, and feel free to give us a call at Exodus Moving and Storage if you want some additional help.
Small Storage Sizes
Small storage lockers are for storing the small things in life. Even these come in different sizes, though.
Typically, you will see the following small locker options:
- 5’x5’: this size is ideal if you have a small night table, single mattress, or plastic bins that you want to store – think outdoor storage shed.
- 5’X10’: this is the size that you want to rent if you have a bedroom set that you need to place in storage, or if you want a little bit more room for lots of boxes.
Medium Size Lockers
Do you have a few rooms to pack up and put in storage? You’ll need a medium size locker for these items. Lockers that are in the medium range include:
- 10’X10’: one large room or two smaller rooms (including furniture)
Can’t decide what to keep and what to toss? Or, do you want to keep the contents of a house just in case you need those things in the future? You’ll want to choose this size:
- ‘10X15’: you can fit items from three rooms or much larger items like couches and flat-screen TVS in one of these lockers.
Whole House Lockers
Sometimes its necessary to pack up an entire house and put it all in a locker. Whether you are relocating or just trying to find out how to fit old items into a new home, a very large locker can be a lifesaver.
- 10′ x 20′ – these lockers can fit everything that’s in your home right now.
- 10′ x 30′ (300 sq. ft.) – this is often the biggest locker size available, and it can accommodate almost everything that you own.
What do you do if the biggest locker you find won’t fit all of your stuff? Consider combining a very large locker with a smaller option. There’s no rule that says you have to choose just one locker, so you can rent as many spaces as you need to. Just keep in mind the contract terms, make sure to make payments on time, and always opt for a guarded facility.
There’s one more question that you should ask yourself too. Do you need everything that you want to store? Maybe not. Maybe you need to keep your massive piano, but you may not need all of those Christmas decorations. Or, maybe you need some smaller items but not all of that bigger stuff. If you haven’t used something in the past year or two, it might be worth it to sell that item rather than store it. On the flip side, if you rent a locker from a safe and secure storage facility, you won’t have to worry about anything at all. You can even move across the country or to another country as long as you make your payments on time! Sometimes, it takes a few months to get used to a smaller place, and it’s okay to store your stuff while you decide what you do and don’t want. At Exodus Moving and Storage, we make storing things simple, so that you can focus on other parts of your life.
Some Additional Considerations
No matter what storage company you decide to rent space from, make sure that the locks on your storage doors are secure. Some companies provide these locks, but other companies require you to purchase your own locks. If you have to buy your own lock, do make sure to buy the toughest one that you can find, so that you can be sure that your items are safe. If you decide to book with us, though, you don’t need to worry about safety! Our premises is protected around the clock, so you can relax.
Not sure how big of a storage space you need, where to book, or how to find a storage rental place? We are here to help you out. Call us today with any questions that you may have, or ask us about our available locker sizes. If you provide us with the dimensions of a really big or smaller items, we can tell you what the perfect locker fit will be.
Is there anyone more famous in the storage industry than Barry Weiss? He’s the eccentric millionaire with a taste for odd items and crazy cars. He’s also a fan favorite on the A&E show ‘Storage Wars.’ Want to know more about Barry? Here’s a peek into his charmed life!
CC Image courtesy of dustydavidson on Flickr
Barry’s Real Profession
You had to know that Barry got all of his cash from somewhere, right? After all, most average people can’t afford to rent a tank for a few hours or to show up in a customized car every day! Barry did, indeed, make his money elsewhere. He was in the produce business for many years with his brother and partner. This business flourished, and gave Weiss the nearly $10 million that he is worth today.
It’s his taste for really amazing antiques that gave Barry his current fame, though. As an avid antique collector, Weiss simply knows his way around antiques. He spends hours collecting valuable items, reads all about the things that he loves, and is known in the antique world for his extensive knowledge. Most of the time, it’s Barry that other antique collectors turn to in order to find out about an object’s history!
A New Show?
There are rumors floating around the Weiss will have his own spin-off of the ‘Storage Wars’ show called ‘What Are You Worth?’ The show will feature Barry as a sort of financial advisor. His main goal on the show will be to help families that need money find and make more money. The idea of the show is a great one if it ever comes to fruition. As far as Storage Wars goes, there’s some talk that the show is in its last season, so make sure to tune into Barry’s latest antics when the new show arrives on the scene.
So, how much of Storage Wars is real? That’s debatable, but some of the things that you see on the show are very real. For example, storage locker items are often auctioned off or discarded once a contract has run out. That’s why it’s important for you to make sure to read that contract inside and out. You should always know what will happen to your items if you stop payment or can’t remember when to pay.
CC Image courtesy of State Farm on Flickr
Need Some Storage Help?
As much fun as it is to watch Storage Wars and Barry Weiss, it’s a lot harder to find storage for your items. We know that you want to store the things that matter the most to you in the best possible place. That’s why Exodus Moving and Storage provides two massive storage centers to accommodate storage needs of any size. If you want to store items in the Denver or Fort Collins area, make sure to contact us today to find out what you need.
Back to Barry for a minute, though. Is it true that he’s married? Why is he such a ladies man? What makes Barry so unique? All of these questions often float around in the minds of Storage Wars fans, and the answer is somewhat mysterious. You see, Barry likes to keep things low-key, and there’s not much that can be found out about him.
However, it’s clear that he likes his toys, his antiques, and his cars. It’s also clear that the Barry Weiss you see on TV isn’t the same as the record producer, so make sure not to get those two mixed up! He’s also not Barry White – or any other Barry. He’s just Barry from ‘Storage Wars,’ and this Barry makes the show!
Other Interesting Bits
Aside from Barry, ‘Storage Wars’ is filled with fun characters that make the show. In this writer’s opinion, the best Storage Wars series is the first one – all the other ones just don’t compare, since those episodes don’t come with a helping of Barry! But, everyone has a favorite. If you watch Storage Wars and love Barry Weiss, let us know why, what other stars you enjoy watching, and anything else that you want to talk about. Of course, if you want to work with one of the best moving companies out there, give us a shout too! From storage to moving and all things in-between (even Barry Weiss discussions!), Exodus has what you need.