It’s not unusual for people to move back to an old hometown or a previous hometown after being away for a long time. If you’re in the situation, you might be thinking about old friends that still live in that town. Should you reconnect with them? Is it a good idea to try and strike up a relationship once again? As it turns out, there are some very good reasons to reconnect with old friends in person (and not just on Facebook)!
- Reminiscing is good for the soul: Remembering old memories, fun days, and things from the past that you once loved is really good for you. Once in a while, it’s fun to take a trip or two down memory lane to see what you may not remember, or what you might miss from those old days. Who knows, you may even be reminded of a hobby that you used to like, and you can take up that hobby once again.
- You’ll get to compare the person that you were back then with the person that you are now. Hopefully, you’ve grown in a positive direction, but simply talking about the person that you once were will let you compare your past and future selves. You never know, you may want to adopt some of those older traits, or simply look back to a time when you were strong and happy, if you aren’t now.
- You may find a relationship that you were greatly missing, and you may turn an old friend into a new one. Sometimes, people grow in different directions and have nothing in common at a later time in life. Other times, those same people reconnect, and find that they still have a strong bond, and that they really did miss each other. Maybe you’re missing out on a good friend, and you don’t even know it.
- You now have the time to make the decision whether or not you want to be friends with that person once again. There’s a good chance that you didn’t actually make this choice way back when. Typically, people grow apart due to geography or other reasons, and often it’s not a choice to move away from a friend. Now, you have the time to really try to reconnect, and to see whether or not that relationship is worth keeping.
- You can never have too many friends. It’s true, it’s harder to make friends when you become an adult for various reasons. But true friends, friends that really know you, are hard to come by. If you do reconnect with an old friend, you may find that you now have a very good friend to share things with, laugh with, and to help round out your current life. You can really never have too many great friends.
- You may just have a few laughs. Even if you decide that rekindling a relationship isn’t going to happen, you can still sit back and have a few laughs with an old friend. What’s the harm in doing that? Not much, right? So, go ahead and make that phone call!
Getting the Nerve
If you’re already friends with someone on a site like Facebook, you can simply send them a note to set up a meeting time and place. If you haven’t already connect with them online, simply look up a phone number, and give someone a call. The very worst that can happen is that person doesn’t want to reconnect with you, but there’s a good chance that they do want to reconnect. Now, all you have to do is get to your old hometown!
Moving Back With Exodus
We get it — finding movers in Fort Collins that you can rely on is not easy to do. We also understand that you have a budget to respect, which is why we are more than happy to provide you with a completely free moving estimate that we will stand by no matter what. Whether you’re moving to Denver or anywhere else in the world, Exodus Moving and Storage will help you, and your stuff, get to where you are going easily and without any stress. Call us today for that free estimate!
If you’re debating whether or not to make the move to reach out to an old friend, take out advice and go for it. Have you ever connect with an old friend? How did that work out? Let us know by leaving a note on this blog, or by connect with us on our Facebook page.
Have you just moved to a new town only to find out you’re now expecting a child? That space that might have been perfect for two may now be a little bit crowded, and you may be looking at ways to turn your office into a nursery-office combination. While a baby can seem overwhelming, you should know that you’re in plenty of good company. Many people that live in small city spaces often have to make room for a child, and that means getting clever where nursery space and items are concerned.
But, first, what should you even put in a nursery? And, do you really need all of those expensive items? Here’s a closer look at what you should be buying, what you don’t need, and some things that you may want to add to your space just to make life easier.
Must Have Furniture
A good crib. If there’s one big ticket item that you will want to splurge on, it’s your child’s crib. For the first few years of her life, she’ll be sleeping in the crib that you buy. Some nice features to think about include a crib with a storage drawer (because, let’s face it, nurseries can get really crowded with all of that baby stuff!), and the possibility of converting a crib into a toddler bed at a later time. This way, you won’t have to buy a toddler bed separately when the time comes, so this can be a long-term money saver.
A changing table that’s also a bureau. Here’s another space saving idea for baby — buy a changing table that also acts as a bureau or other kind of storage space. You can store things like diapers and wet naps in the drawers, and use the top of the table to change diapers. Do you need a changing table? Not necessarily. Any sturdy dresser or table will do the trick, but you do want to buy a changing pad that’s thick and can be secured tightly.
Nice to Have Furniture
A rocker or glider. You’ll be spending quite a few nights feeding your baby, and that means that you’ll want something comfortable to sit in. Rockers were popular for many years, but gliders are a more comfortable option these days. You can buy either one new, but used rockers and gliders that work well are still good options. Another idea is to buy a big comfortable chair that you and baby can both snuggle in on those long nights.
A baby swing or cradle. Sometimes, you’ll want to put your baby down, and swings can calm the fussiest babies. Think about buying a swing or purchasing one second hand that will get you through those fussy times (and, hey, you’ll want to take a shower at some point!).
Other Big Ticket Items
Aside from the items that you will have to buy for your nursery, there are some other things that you’ll need to purchase in order to keep baby happy.
A stroller: You can buy really expensive strollers that cost well into the hundreds of dollars, or you can buy one that’s much simpler. What do you really need? It depends on what you plan to do outside, and where you live. If you want to go jogging with your baby on hard terrain, you’ll need a stroller that can keep up. If you want to sled across snow, you’ll need one that can act as a snow glider (yes, they do make these!). You can also buy a basic stroller model with no thrills. Either way, a stroller is something you’ll want to invest in.
Baby monitors: It’s nice to know that baby is sleeping soundly at all times, and a baby monitor is the best way to check on your child from a distance.
Car seat: Now, car seats come with expiration dates, so make sure that the second hand one you’re thinking about buying is still safe.
Moving With Baby
If you will be moving to Denver, or any other area, after baby is born, it will become extra important to work with a moving team that takes care of all the small details for you. Exodus Moving and Storage has been in the moving game for many years now, and we know how to make any moving day fuss-free. We can also pack and unpack for you, so that you can concentrate on making baby’s nursery perfect.
If you need help moving, call Exodus, your Fort Collins movers, and we will provide you with a free moving estimate that we’re happy to stand by. Call us today to set up an appointment, or find us on Facebook for additional information.
Moving to Denver or any other location can mean celebrating some holidays on your own. Before you start making that large group of friends, or finding a significant other, you may wind up smack in the middle of a holiday like Valentine’s Day when you first move. But, don’t worry, there are still plenty of great ways that you can celebrate this holiday with or without other people.
Make something delicious for dinner, or order out from a restaurant that you saw on your way to your new home. Then, grab some great movies or rent something fun on Netflix. Cuddle up with your favorite blanket, or a pet, and enjoy your night in treating yourself to everything you love. Next year, you’ll probably be swamped with fun V-Day requests, so enjoy the silence while it lasts!
Adopt a pet. What better time of year to find a pet to share your life with than on Valentine’s Day? Not only will you have a new companion, but if you adopt a dog, you’ll find yourself exploring your new neighborhood in no time while you set out on those daily walks.
Go candy crazy. Hey, without anyone around to tell you to do otherwise, you can eat as much candy as you want!
Bake some sinful cookies or a yummy cake. Try out your new kitchen, explore the gourmet baking shops in town, and make something delicious all for yourself. If you’re feeling generous, you can share those treats with a new neighbor or two. If not, just enjoy the home baked goodness of a special treat.
Go out and enjoy a fun movie. It doesn’t have to be ‘Fifty Shades of Gray,’ but choose something that will get you in a romantic mood. Nothing provides a better escape from reality more than a great movie!
Find a singles party or other singles dating scene. You can use a site like Yelp! to find some fun group activities in your new town. Chances are that there’s a really fun singles event happening this Valentine’s Day, so why not join in?
Go shopping! Do you have a new job, or do you just want to reinvent yourself in your new town? There’s no better way to do it than with a killer shopping trip. Buy all of those items you never thought you’d wear in your old town, and have fun doing it. Stop and get a coffee, check out some smaller shops, find a new cafe — make a day of it.
Get some new tunes. Are you into the new record craze? Your new town probably has a record store or two, and you can find some great music just by spending the day browsing for new records. Buy some records you’ve never heard before, and maybe a record player to go with it. There are plenty of classic songs out there well worth listening to.
Paint a room. Does your new place need a bit of a facelift? There are few better ways to lift spirits than to paint a room a new color. Grab some paint, turn up the music, and get to work making your new place beautiful.
Hit the salon or spa. Why not spend some time pampering yourself? Get a new haircut, new color job, a pedicure, a manicure, a facial, or any other treatment that you’ve been dying for. If you’ve moved before you start a new job, there are few better ways to feel amazing before diving into the workplace than with a trip to the spa!
Hiring Fort Collins Movers
Before you can figure out what to do on Valentine’s Day, you’ll have to get there, right? That’s where we come in! Exodus Moving and Storage is a full service moving company offering you everything you need for your move including packing, unpacking, moving, and even some storage boxes and other packing options. Moving to a new place should be fun and exciting, and not at all stressful. Let us help you with all of the moving details, so you can relax and enjoy your new town.
What sets Exodus apart from any other Colorado moving company is that we are entirely operated by our own employees. What does this mean? We’ll never contract your move out to a third party, so we always know who is handling your things, and where that person will be. In other words, you can trust Exodus! Call us today for a completely free moving estimate that we guarantee we will stick by. Or, find us on Facebook for additional information about our company.
This Valentine’s Day, make it all about you! What are your plans for Valentine’s Day this year? Let us know by joining in the conversation on Facebook!
The Colorado Association of Realtors (CAR) is an integral part of our community. It is the largest professional network of realtors in the state, and it’s also a non-profit, voluntary, professional real estate association. What is CAR all about, and why has Exodus Moving and Storage partnered with this important association?
What CAR Does
The purpose of the Colorado Association of Realtors is to protect all aspects of real estate and to protect everyone that works in the Colorado real estate industry. CAR works with commercial brokers, residential brokers, home owners, property owners, land owners, and homeowners to ensure that all real estate professionals regardless of title are protected. Essentially, CAR’s mandate is to make sure that real estate professionals succeed when they become Realtors.
There are so many aspects of the real estate industry that it helps to have an association like CAR working on both the side of the Realtor with potential Realtor and with land and homeowners. CAR provides information for anyone involved in real estate including various conferences and meetings that aim to help people with becoming a Realtor or understanding various laws related to real estate.
Help With Becoming a Realtor
There’s a lot that goes into becoming a professional broker, whether commercial or residential, and having a guiding hand can certainly help. CAR offers licensing details, information about local associations, and plenty of conferences that are available for any aspiring realtor. The CAR also focuses on information geared towards home buyers and homeowners.
Buying a Home
Purchasing a home is one of the biggest investments and life changing events that a person can go through. There are a lot of details that go into buying the home including things like what to do after a contract has been signed, figuring out how much you can afford, weighing the pros and cons between renting and buying, and many other important details. CAR aims to provide all of this accurate information to potential homebuyers through the CAR website. Homeowners and buyers can also attend any information session hosted by CAR that pertains to homeownership.
You should have lots of questions about buying a new home. CAR tries to answer those questions on the association’s main website. You can also contact CAR for additional information about the fine details associated with buying or selling any kind of home or business. While the Internet provides some details, CAR focuses on Colorado real estate specifically, and that makes all the difference!
A Complete Picture
Finding information about any aspect of selling or buying a home can be hard to do, and that’s what CAR exists — to make these details understandable and accessible to all. This is also one of the reasons why Exodus Moving and Storage has partnered with CAR. Exodus works with local associations and businesses that make an impact on our community, and CAR certainly fits that bill. Exodus is proud to be a partner of CAR, and we look forward to many additional events and collaborations with CAR in the future as well.
Moving to Your New Home
In addition to working with and supporting important figures and associations in our community, Exodus Moving and Storage operates a full-service moving company. We also offer storage solutions in both Fort Collins and Denver. If you need movers in Fort Collins for office moving or residential moving purposes, contact Exodus for a free estimate today. When it come to planning a move, CAR and Exodus can help!
Ah, love. It can be an amazing thing, but it might only be so amazing when you’re living apart. Combining worlds and belongings brings a whole different element to any relationship. Living with the one you love might be the best thing that you’ve ever done. On the other hand, it could be the worst and hardest idea that you’ve ever had. So, how do you figure it all out?
Calling all the Pretty People
When we go out on dates (or out in public in general) we tend to look our best. We put on makeup, find the right clothes, the perfect shoes, spray perfume, and do everything we can to look completely and totally appealing to our loved one. But, what about those days when you are just lounging around home? Or, those days when you don’t feel good, so you grab your rattiest sweats, wrap your hair into some kind of top bun, and trudge around with watery eyes carrying a box of tissues? Has your partner seen you on those days? If he’s only seen you when you look amazing, it’s time to open up his eyes.
Before you move in together, invite him over for a night of just relaxing, and make sure not to get all dolled up. Why? Because the person that can’t stand to see you at your worst (or isn’t so affectionate when you aren’t looking your best) is probably not a person you can live with. After all, you don’t look amazing all the time, right? So, let him see you as you really are a few times, and then decide if you want to live together. Otherwise, you’ll spend the first few months in your new place trying to look perfect all the time — and this can be exhausting around the clock!
Get Used to Those Bad Habits
When you visit your partner at his house, you probably see a relatively clean place that’s somewhat hospitable. But, this might not be the person that he really is. He may leave hair in the sink after shaving, might toss his dirty clothes on the floor every day, and may never think to leave an extra roll of toilet paper in the bathroom. If you don’t know about these habits, you’ll be in for a rude awakening. Either find out what his dirty habits are, or learn quickly how to sit back and roll with it. Otherwise, you’ll be fighting in no time when you move in together.
Living together means splitting expenses like utilities and rent. Do you know what is financial situation looks like? How much he can afford? Whether or not he has a steady job? Love can get you pretty far, but you’ll get fed up quickly if he can’t afford to carry his half. At least if you know the current financial situation, you can plan to pick up more of the slack.
Make Sure Your Relationship Is Clear
Sure, moving in may mean that you don’t want to see other people, but he has to be clear on your daily activities too. If you want to hang out with friends three days per week, this has to be understood from the start. If you expect him to be home for dinner each night, make this clear too. Living together may not mean spending every waking minute together, but neither one of you will know whether or not this is the case unless you take the time to talk it over.
Ready to Call Your Movers in Fort Collins?
If you’ve gone over everything listed above and you still want to live together, Exodus is here to help you pack, move, and unpack. We also have storage rental spaces available in both Fort Collins and Denver, just in case you don’t want to let go of everything just yet. As a moving company in Fort Collins, we can provide you with a complete free moving quote, just call us and ask for one.
Your Fort Collins movers can help you move in or out, and even in again if you don’t like where you are when you move out! Living with someone takes a lot of thinking and planning, so make sure to carefully consider every angle before you make that move! What do you think? When is it time to move in together? Leave us a note on Facebook!
Movers in Fort Collins move a lot of people during the winter months, and we recommend hiring a moving company to help you if you are going to move at this time of year. But if you have decided to move on your own while the snow is flying and the roads are less than perfect, take some tips from our professional drivers when it comes to keeping things safe on the road.
- Get blizzard ready. Blizzards happen during the winter months as much as we do not want them to. The best thing to do if there’s a blizzard or other big snowstorm is to stay inside and not try driving on those slippery roads. You can always postpone your moving day by a day or two, and this will result in a much safer move.
- Keep your eye on the weather report. Admittedly, the weather report is never entirely accurate, but it should give you some idea of what to expect on the day that you do have to move. Be aware of any road warnings like icy conditions or other potential driving problems, and pay attention to traffic reports if you live in a crowded area.
- Salt and shovel pathways. You don’t want to slip coming out of your old home or moving into your new one. Make sure that pathways are shoveled, so that you can easily get in and out. It’s also a good idea to add some salt or gravel to those pathways, so that you can be extra sure that you don’t slip.
- Pack an emergency kit in your car or truck that includes some warmer winter gear, some heat packs, and a blanket. In case, for some reason, you wind up stranded on the roadside, you’ll want to make sure that you have adequate clothing and other warm items available.
- Do a double check of your vehicle. If you are renting a moving truck, look for a reputable company to rent from by reading through reviews that you find online. A truck should be functioning properly, have been recently inspected, and have really good tires and brakes.
- Protect the inside of both houses with plastic or some other kind of material that can sop up wet slush and mud. The people that you’ve asked to help you move will be tracking all kinds of slush and mud and other gunk into your new home (and out of your old one) as you move, and being prepared for this mess is a far better plan than racing to mop up a mess after everyone has left. Plus, you’ll want to keep your new home clean, right?
- Take your time. A move doesn’t have to be rushed, especially during the wintertime. Take your time moving all of your things, driving slowly and carefully, and making sure that everyone involved in the move is safe at all times. Winter weather can be tricky, and this may mean slowing down!
- Think about hiring movers to help you out. As a moving company in Fort Collins, the Exodus Moving and Storage team is used to helping people move during the wintertime. We can take care of all the driving, packing, unpacking, and other details that go with moving while the weather is cold and slushy. This way, all you have to do is sit back and relax, knowing that a professional moving team is on your side.
Working With Denver Movers
If you’re torn between hiring a moving company and doing it on your own, give us a call to see what we can do for you where rates are concerned. We are more than happy to give you a free estimate that doesn’t come with any strings attached. We also have storage space in both Fort Collins and Denver, so that you can store your things that you can’t move into your new space with you — just call us for storage rental prices and details.
Weighing the pros and cons of moving by yourself during the winter months is the best way to decide whether or not risking the weather is a good idea. Most of the time, it’s best to leave winter moving in the hands of professionals — like the experts at Exodus! Call us today to arrange an estimate.
For most business owners, there comes a time when you grow too big for the space you started out in. In the beginning, there’s no way to know just how you’ll fare. You don’t want to buy or lease a space that is far too big for your needs in the hopes you’ll grow into it, only to find out you never grow that big. You’re paying for wasted space at that point.
On the other hand, you don’t want to acquire a space that you outgrow before you are even into your second year of operations. Sure, it’s great that you’re growing, but it’s no fun to seek out yet another space that suits your needs and accommodates future growth.
If the time does come that you’ve outgrown the space your business calls home, there’s one thing you need to know: contracting with movers in Boulder, CO will be the single best decision you can make. The can help take care of the details you might not remember – you sure have enough to worry about with all of the other aspects of the move, why bother yourself with details these professionals deal with on the daily?
The Key: Doing Your (Extensive) Homework
Since you’re going to choose from a list of qualified residential moving companies, moving day means you have nothing to worry about. It’s just all the stuff before moving day that you need to worry about! Before you can even begin to take a peek at spaces currently on the market, you need to know what it is you are looking for. You don’t want to waste your precious time looking at places that won’t work for your needs.
Some things you might not be thinking about – the economics of the area you are considering moving to. Before you start walking through properties on the market, do a bit of research on the demographics of the area. Pretend you are moving your family into a new home. You don’t want to end up in the area with the highest crime rate and the worst schools, do you?
It’s the same for your business. If your moving motivation is to add more quality employees to the team, don’t end up in an area full of the least qualified candidates possible! Don’t just look at statistics. Pick up the local paper and scour the internet for news related to that area. Contact the area Chamber of Commerce.
Chat it up with other small businesses in the area. This will give you a real-world feel for those stats. Maybe the area is improving, something not reflected in the statistics. You won’t know unless you ask! Often, up-and-coming neighborhoods can be an excellent gamble if you have some insight into the future of the area.
Making the Move
Once you’re confident the location you’ve chosen is best, you’re ready for the next step: getting a moving quote from various companies. For the busy entrepreneur, we recommend assigning one person to manage the logistics of the move. They will be the one getting the quotes, making sure everything stays on track, and keeping employees in the loop regarding final dates and what needs to be done at each step of the way.
You’ll find there is a lot to consider, so you’ll want to make sure this person has a solid understanding of every aspect of what the move entails. Are you lugging all of the existing equipment along, or will you be contracting with another company for a new and improved machine? Are certain fixtures remaining, or will they need to start the search for new ones?
We at Exodus Moving and Storage are happy to help make your move as painless as possible, all while charging competitive rates. Give us a call and see how much we can do for a lot less than you’d expect! There are a lot of things to think about when it comes to your business move, but worrying about the actual move shouldn’t be one of them — leave that to us.
Thinking about moving to a home in a big city that doesn’t include parking? Trying to find someplace to park in a city can be a frustrating experience — especially when the snow starts to fall, and sides of the streets are less than dry. Is there anything that can be done if you have to park in town, but you also love the place that you’ve just found? There are some tips to parking in a city — take a look!
Find a parking space for rent. A lot of people that live in cities are always looking for new and novel ways to make some extra cash because living in a city is expensive. One thing that people often do is rent out additional parking spaces. Someone that owns a home may rent out a garage or driveway space, and someone that currently has a parking space inside of a building may decide to rent that space out to earn some extra cash. You can find these rental spaces by looking online and in the local newspaper.
Get a parking permit. If you do have to park on the street, check to see whether or not parking permits are required in the area that you will be living in. Sometimes, you can’t simply park on the side of any old street, and you need a special sticker. Lining up that parking permit before you call your movers in Boulder CO is a good idea — this way, you won’t be left scrambling for parking and dodging lots of parking tickets.
See if you can pay an extra price for indoor parking. Some buildings and condo developments offer parking spaces for an additional fee. This might mean adding a significant amount onto your total home cost, but sometimes getting that extra indoor parking space is worth the additional cost. Ask your realtor or landlord about this possibility.
Check with local parking garages. Find out if you can pay a monthly fee to park indoors at a local garage. Many garages in cities offer this kind of deal to residents. Just make sure that the garage you are looking at has security around the clock, or you could be putting yourself and your car in jeopardy.
Get used to the street signs. When all else fails and you can’t find a parking spot that you can rent, you’ll have to get used to the street signs. Some cities have street signs that change regularly, and this can mean an easy parking ticket if you aren’t sure when you can and can’t park.
Park and stay as long as possible. If you’ve ever visited a friend in a city like New York that has a car, you may have noticed that your friend isn’t quick to move his car. This is because a good parking spot in a massive city is like gold — hard to find and worth a lot. If you don’t have to use your car, use public transportation instead, and leave your car in that perfect spot.
Start using public transportation, and get rid of your car. Do you really need a car in a big city, or can you use public transport to get where you need to go most days? If your city has a good transport system, your car might just be costing you more money unnecessarily. Think about swapping those gas prices for the cost of a bus pass, and get used to walking like most people in a big city do. Bonus: you’ll burn a lot of calories taking the bus or train, and you can spend that downtime reading or working on a project. What’s to lose?
Ready to Call Your Loveland Movers?
If you have found a great home and great parking, or have worked out the situation, you might be ready to call Exodus to help you move your stuff to your new home — that’s great! We’re here to help you move from packing to unpacking, and we’d love to be a part of the start of your new life in your new home. We can also provide you with a free estimate, and we do have storage space available in both Denver and Fort Collins — just in case you can’t move all of your things into your new space.
Call us today for a free estimate from your movers in Parker CO, and we’ll be there when you need us! Got a good city parking tip? Let us know!
Even if you’ve hired movers in Boulder CO to move your items from one place to another, you may have a long drive ahead of you all the same. Most people that move long distances drive to their new destination, and this may include many hours inside of a vehicle with very little stopping time.
It’s important that you stay safe while you are driving, which is why we want to share with you some basic tips on how to stay awake while you are on the road. It’s not easy to keep your eyes open when you’ve been driving for so long, but these basic tricks will help you stay alert and awake.
- Don’t drive for more than ten hours at a time. Technically, you can drive for 16 hours, but it’s better to abide by the ten hour rule. Your body will be very tired after ten hours of driving — and the kids in the back will probably be more than a little restless too! Stop after ten hours, rest overnight, and then continue the next morning.
- Get a good night of sleep before you leave. Sleeping in your home for the last time can be a hard thing to do, but it’s vital that you do get proper sleep before you hit the road. If you can’t sleep, try some things to help you fall asleep faster like meditation, sleeping pills, or anything else you can think of that will help. You’ll be glad you slept well when you do finally hit the road in the morning.
- Remember that coffee takes at least twenty minutes to kick in. So, if you’re driving and you’re tired, go inside of that coffee shop to sip on some coffee, and skip the drive through. You’ll need the extra time to allow the caffeine to kick in.
- It has been proven that things like turning up the radio and opening the window do not actually keep you awake when driving. If you are feeling so sleepy that you can’t drive without a blast of cold air in your face, it’s time to pull over. You can find a rest stop where you can take a nap, or find a hotel along the way.
- Map it all out. The best way to make sure that you are driving safely is to map out your route before you leave. Figure out how long it takes to drive from one spot to the next, and include rest spots. You can also find hotels along the route that you can stop at. Trust us, anyone that’s traveling with you would be very happy to stop overnight, and not be stuck in the car for hours on end!
- Make it fun. Driving a long distance doesn’t have to be stressful in the least. You can make the whole trip a lot of fun by finding places to stop along the way, hitting up some really interesting restaurants, and by finding hotels that the kids will love. Besides, there’s a good chance that you’ve never been to some of the towns you’ll be passing, right? Why not take the time to stop, eat, shop and explore those towns? You’ll find an adventure awaits at every turn.
Moving Can be a Breeze
When you work with the right moving company, getting to your new home doesn’t have to be rough. You can leave for your trip a few days ahead of time, and work with a company like Exodus that can pack up all of your remaining items for you. So all you have to do is jump in the car, plan out a fun route, and get where you need to go. A professional moving company can handle the rest and meet you at your new home on time and as planned — without a hitch.
If you’re looking for Longmont movers, Exodus Moving and Storage has the best moving company in Fort Collins, the best rates, a professional team of movers that will never let you down, and we also have storage rental spaces in both Denver and Fort Collins. Our goal is to make sure that your move is as stress free as possible, and that includes taking care of all the small details while you plan out your move. We know that you have questions, so we invite you to check out this blog, call us for more information, or connect with us on Facebook. We will be happy to answer any questions that you have as soon as possible.
If you are planning any kind of road travel in the future, heed the above tips, and make sure that you and your passengers are safe when you travel. Falling asleep at the wheel is a real thing, but it’s also something that you can avoid with some careful planning.
Moving to Fort Collins, CO? Why not incorporate some of this year’s biggest decor trends in with your move? There’s nothing quite as refreshing as starting off a new year with a new look, and that can apply to your new home too. The more that you love your home, the more time you’ll want to spend there, so why not make it perfect? Take a look at these top 2015 decor trends!
- Eclectic Era Mixing: Instead of trying hard to incorporate items from one particular area into any living space, think about mixing it up. Add some chairs from the 1950s combined with a modern wooden farm table, or just add those pieces that you find in both modern stores and in vintage shops. The overall look will be one that combines eras and works perfectly together in eclectic harmony.
- Black Trim: Instead of white, think about painting your trim black. Glossy black is making a comeback in a big way, and trim painted in black can really make a room stand out.
- The Minimalist Look: Got a lot of stuff that you’re tired of looking at? This is what the minimalist look is for, and it works very well if you go with industrial inspired pieces. Start sorting through your things, and get rid of stuff that you don’t need anymore. You’ll find that you’re left with a much simpler decor that works with anything you want to incorporate. Less is more here.
- Mixing Materials: The look of leather next to metal or heavy items next to those that are on the thin side is really interesting and works well in any space. You don’t have to go with all the same weight and thickness, so don’t be shy to mix it up.
- Texture Play: Smooth things look really great next to fuzzy things — just throw a fuzzy blanket on a smooth leather couch, and see just how much fun it is to play with texture! This look is popular right now for good reason.
- Organized Clutter: You can have a lot of things, just try and put those things into some kind of organized mess, so that it looks like you are intentionally messy — tricky to do, but nice to look at if you can pull it off.
Don’t be Afraid to Play
Your home should be a place that you love, and a place that you are comfortable in. No matter what size your new place is, you can play with any kind of decor. After all, the only person that has to love your look is you. You don’t even have to have a new decor in mind before you call movers in Longmont, CO. You can move in, play around with decor ideas, and figure it all out as you go along. Eventually, you will find a lifestyle that you love!
Moving to Your New Home
The only thing you have to do before you move is figure out what moving company you want to use. That’s easy too. Exodus Moving and Storage can take care of all your moving needs from packing to unpacking, and we can even move you across the country. In addition, we do have storage spaces for rent in both Fort Collins and Denver in case you do decide to go minimalist (but aren’t sure you want to commit!). Just ask us about our storage rental rates and policies.
Whether you need piano moving in Denver to mix old with new as part of your decor, or whether you just want to move your items from one place to the next, Exodus is ready and waiting for your call.