There’s a lot that goes into moving a business from the actual packing to figuring out how to reconnect all of those devices once you do move. The best way to get through an office move is to hire a professional moving company to help you with the bulk of your furniture and equipment (after all, you don’t want a friend or employee dropping that thousand dollar computer!). But you’ll need to orchestrate the move with your employees and office managers too — take a look at these office moving tips to make your move a smooth one.
- Start by talking to your office managers or pod leaders. Let them know when the move will take place, and what you expect each group to do. You can then delegate those tasks to the managers, and they can further tell other employees what has to be done to complete the move.
- Hold an office meeting, and let your entire team know what is expected of them during the move. If possible, try to keep the tasks that employees have to do on moving day to a minimum, but do let people know if they need to set up computers and workstations on a particular day.
- Show your employees the layout of the new office space. It can help make a transition smoother if you tell everyone that’s working in an office what they can expect. This way, nobody will be caught completely off guard by a space that they weren’t expecting.
- Let everyone know about the move many days in advance — or longer, if possible. You should prepare for some employees leaving if the new location is too far away from the old one, or if the new location just doesn’t make sense for some people. It’s not uncommon for people to look for another job should you move to a remote area.
- Make sure that everything you need to move is labeled clearly, and this especially applies to wires and cords that might be confusing to place once you arrive in your new location.
- Let the moving company handle most of the move. You don’t want to tell your employees that they have to spend a weekend day moving the office. In most cases, people won’t want to spend the extra time to move, and the move will be a lot less productive. Save yourself some hassles by hiring movers in Thornton CO or other locations to help you move quickly and efficiently.
- Make the date of the move known to everyone, and let the team know when they can expect to start working in the new space.
- Consider getting team input into things like what should go in the common area, what equipment needs to be included in the lunch room, and whether or not a TV is a good choice for the break room. Sometimes, including people in these decisions will go a long way towards making your whole team happy with the new space.
Hiring a Moving Company
If you’re moving to Boulder or any other area in Colorado, make sure to give Exodus Moving and Storage a call. We have extensive experience moving office equipment, and with making sure that everything you need in your new office space gets there in one piece. With a professional moving team, you can expect your office items to arrive on time, and to be set up the way that you want them to be. This way, your staff doesn’t have to engage in any serious moving, and that will make most people happy.
Give us a call today for a complete office move estimate.