Moving Tip #10
Place heavy items at the bottom of the box.
Posts Tagged ‘how to move an office’
Moving Tip #10
- We consider these responsibilities “tips” that will make your office move with Exodus go as smoothly as possible.
- Disconnect all electrical equipment such as computer cables, phone cables, etc.
- Keep all pathways as clear as possible to help the loading process go efficiently.
- Clearly label items, IF an item is not labeled, we will not move it.
- Have blue print(s) available for posting at new location prior to move(s). Layouts will be posted near building entrances, designated unloading areas, elevators, etc.
- Make sure that adequate parking is available for the trucks at all loading and unloading sites. Inform employees of alternative parking if necessary prior to move.
- Make sure alternative phone lines are available (i.e. cell phones) on day of the move if business phones are to be disconnected.
- Pack all boxes full to the top, and tape or close containers before Exodus crewmembers arrive.
- Please remove all items from walls including pictures, mounts, mirrors, etc. if they are to be moved. Be sure to place labels on these items as well. Set aside any personal items and items those do not need to be moved.
- There must be no construction going on where the movers are working or near hallways or entrances that the movers are using.
- Relax! Let Exodus take the worry out of your move.
Please call us at 970-484-1488 if you have any questions pertaining to these responsibilities.