Reasons Not to Move In With Your Boyfriend
Denver moving companies can move you in and out of the home you share with your boyfriend all day or year long, but you may want to think twice about moving in with your boyfriend. Here are some reasons why living separately can be better.
- Keeping mystery in a relationship is really hard to do when you see someone every day all day and all night. Making sure that some things are private can add to that mystery, but keeping things under wraps is nearly impossible to do when you live together. Mystery plays into romance, so keep that in mind when you think about moving in together.
- You may have to say goodbye to your independence. Some couples successfully lead both separate lives and couple lives, but few succeed in this. You’re pretty much going to be spending every occasion with your boyfriend the moment you move in, and he may be around on girl’s night because he has nowhere else to go.
- Jealousy may start to pop up. If you’ve always hung out with your best guy friend on Friday nights, that is about to change. The person you live with may decide against this ritual, and you’ll have a hard time changing his mind.
- Romance doesn’t go with toothbrushes and mouth guards. You can’t easily disguise those parts of you that you aren’t ready to share when you move in with a guy. All of those things he didn’t know about before will go out the window.
- Intimacy may take a back burner. Right now, you can meet up for exciting dates in exciting places, but you probably won’t make these kinds of intimate dates when you live together – you’ll already be in the same place, and that place is likely to be on the couch watching TV.
- You’ll quickly see the light of day. The first few weeks of living together may be a lot of fun, but that will soon wear off. After that point, you’ll have to face the marriage issue, and it will be really hard to avoid thinking about.
- Leaving will be a lot harder. It’s hard to end any relationship, but it’s a lot harder to end one if you live with the person you’re breaking up with. Who knows, you may not break up, and you could wind up engaged instead, but the opposite might also happen. If you do break up, calling Denver moving companies will be the easy part!
- You may feel pressured into marriage. So many couples move in together and then get married after a period of time because “what else was there to do?” You know deep down whether or not this is the right next move, right? But, it will be tougher not to move to that next step if you already live together.
- You can still show up at his place whenever you want to right now, and avoid him when you want some alone or girl time. If you live in the same spot, forget it. You’ll have to see him all the time, even if you’d rather be alone.
If you do decide that moving in is the right thing to do, and you want to test the waters, set a time limit. Decide after one year or five months whether or not you want to spend more time with this person. If not, move out and move on. If so, you may be ready for that next step. Either way, calling Denver moving companies to help you with the move (in or out) is the next thing to do.
At Exodus, we will give you a moving quote when we come to see your place, and you can rest assured that our moving quote won’t change. So, even if you are moving out instead of moving in (or can’t make up your mind), we’re here for you.