Living Out of a Suitcase? Here’s How to Still Look Great
As movers in Fort Collins, we know how hard it is to live out of a suitcase. But, that’s probably where you’ll be before you have the time to unpack all of your boxes. It can be hard living out of a suitcase, but we have some tips that will make this process simpler – take a look.
- Keep the colors basic. You may love those patterned hippie pants you have, but unless all of your tops are white or black, they’ll be hard to wear on vacation. Keep bottoms black and tops white or other basic colors.
- Wear and pack real fabrics. Do not pack anything synthetic in that one suitcase, or you’ll wind up looking wrinkled. Keep it to cotton and other natural fabrics that don’t wrinkle easily.
- Keep everything you absolutely need in your suitcase. You don’t want to paw through boxes or wait until your movers in Fort Collins unpack all of your stuff to find your makeup or hair dryer.
- Pack a little black dress in your suitcase. If you find one that straddles the line between casual and dressy, you can dress it up or down. You’d be surprised how much mileage you can get from a black dress.
- Pack some sandals and some dressier shoes and some sneakers. These are three types of shoes that you will want to have on hand at all times.
- Make sure your jewelry is within reach, or just some of it. You can really dress up an outfit (even one that you’ve worn a million times) by putting some jewelry with it. Toss some of your favorite pieces into the suitcase, and you’ll feel much better when you have to live out of that bag.
- Wash your clothes when you can. You can buy small travel detergent packs, and all you really need is a bathtub or laundrymat. The cleaner your clothes look, the most put together you look.
- Hang up your clothes right away. If possible, grab some hangers and hang your stuff immediately. This will prevent your clothes from wrinkling.
- Buy some dewrinkler spray. What? They make this? Yes, they do! You can buy a bottle of spray that will get rid of wrinkles. All you have to do is spray it on your clothes, and then you’re good to go.
Keeping it Together
When you arrive in your new home town, the last thing that you will probably want to do is unpack, right? Well, we can help you with that. As a full service moving company, we can unpack and pack for you, so that you don’t have to live out of your luggage for long. Call your movers in Fort Collins to book a moving date or to get a free moving quote. You can also find us on Facebook if you want to book an appointment for a review of the things that you have to move, and to get your free moving quote.
You can live out of a suitcase and look great, you just have to know the tricks! Do you have any tips to share with others? Let us know by leaving a note on this blog, or find us on Facebook. We’re sure there are some travelers out there that are pros when it comes to living out of a suitcase, and we’d love to hear from you!