Welcome To Colorado!
- Contact the Chamber of Commerce of your new town to ask about resources for newcomers.
- Register to vote in your new district.
- Take an afternoon to explore the public library: ask reference librarians about where to find maps of town, nearby nature trails, bike trails and more.
- Unaccustomed to the Colorado seasons? Consult with the local mechanic about when to use snow tires, winter wipers, etc.
- Purchase lots of hand lotion, lip moisturizer and sun screen.
- We know the climate and though it’s gloriously sunny here much of the time, it is very dry and those high altitude ultra violet rays can take a toll on your skin.
- Some cities in Northern Colorado require your pet to have a license – ask the city you’ll be a resident of.
- You might want to investigate ‘swamp coolers’ or ‘evaporative coolers’ – they’re inexpensive, eco-friendly alternatives to central air conditioning and perfect for our dry climate.
- Last but certainly not least, take a look around and enjoy the beautiful scenery!
Tags: chamber of commerce, colorado public libraries, colorado seasons, colorado voters registraton, Colorado Weather, eco friendly air conditioning, northern colorado, public libraries, register to vote, weather