Top 2015 Decor Trends
Moving to Fort Collins, CO? Why not incorporate some of this year’s biggest decor trends in with your move? There’s nothing quite as refreshing as starting off a new year with a new look, and that can apply to your new home too. The more that you love your home, the more time you’ll want to spend there, so why not make it perfect? Take a look at these top 2015 decor trends!
- Eclectic Era Mixing: Instead of trying hard to incorporate items from one particular area into any living space, think about mixing it up. Add some chairs from the 1950s combined with a modern wooden farm table, or just add those pieces that you find in both modern stores and in vintage shops. The overall look will be one that combines eras and works perfectly together in eclectic harmony.
- Black Trim: Instead of white, think about painting your trim black. Glossy black is making a comeback in a big way, and trim painted in black can really make a room stand out.
- The Minimalist Look: Got a lot of stuff that you’re tired of looking at? This is what the minimalist look is for, and it works very well if you go with industrial inspired pieces. Start sorting through your things, and get rid of stuff that you don’t need anymore. You’ll find that you’re left with a much simpler decor that works with anything you want to incorporate. Less is more here.
- Mixing Materials: The look of leather next to metal or heavy items next to those that are on the thin side is really interesting and works well in any space. You don’t have to go with all the same weight and thickness, so don’t be shy to mix it up.
- Texture Play: Smooth things look really great next to fuzzy things — just throw a fuzzy blanket on a smooth leather couch, and see just how much fun it is to play with texture! This look is popular right now for good reason.
- Organized Clutter: You can have a lot of things, just try and put those things into some kind of organized mess, so that it looks like you are intentionally messy — tricky to do, but nice to look at if you can pull it off.
Don’t be Afraid to Play
Your home should be a place that you love, and a place that you are comfortable in. No matter what size your new place is, you can play with any kind of decor. After all, the only person that has to love your look is you. You don’t even have to have a new decor in mind before you call movers in Longmont, CO. You can move in, play around with decor ideas, and figure it all out as you go along. Eventually, you will find a lifestyle that you love!
Moving to Your New Home
The only thing you have to do before you move is figure out what moving company you want to use. That’s easy too. Exodus Moving and Storage can take care of all your moving needs from packing to unpacking, and we can even move you across the country. In addition, we do have storage spaces for rent in both Fort Collins and Denver in case you do decide to go minimalist (but aren’t sure you want to commit!). Just ask us about our storage rental rates and policies.
Whether you need piano moving in Denver to mix old with new as part of your decor, or whether you just want to move your items from one place to the next, Exodus is ready and waiting for your call.