Packing up and moving an entire office is not quite the same as moving a home. There’s a lot to consider during an office move, and the whole thing will require quite a bit of planning. Here are some helpful tips from your movers in Fort Collins.
1. Decide what has to go – and what has to stay. Do you really need that old printer or those beat up old chairs? Does it make more sense to donate some things or leave some items behind? Make a list of things that you don’t need to move to your new office space.
2. Devise a plan for tending to your clients during the move. Sure, you have a lot to move, but someone has to take care of your existing clients. Speak with your team about keeping things going while moving stuff around.
3. Consider moving pieces of your office a bit at a time. You don’t have to move the whole office at once, and sometimes moving pieces at different times can be easier on all parties involved. If you have a new location picked out, you have the leisure of moving slowly.
4. Make a list of things that need to be done, and figure out how you will do those things by working with your team.
5. Ask team managers and heads to take on certain responsibilities. You can delegate certain tasks, and split tasks up according to group – this will make your life easier, just be sure that you ask people to help on company time.
6. Draw up a floor plan of the new office. By looking at a rough sketch of the new space, you can easily figure out where you will put various items. Try and imagine what the space would look like with each item that you already have, and go from there.
7. Find out what movers in Fort Collins (if that’s where you’re moving to!) can do for you. Show moving companies your floor plan, what you have to move, and ask what those companies can help you with. If you book with Exodus, we can help you with everything from packing to moving and even unpacking, so keep those services in mind.
8. Think of cost after you find out what services movers in Fort Collins can provide. Sure, costs are important, but not having the services you need for a successful and pain-free move will be much more costly in the long run!
9. Collect as many quotes as possible. Ask moving companies in Fort Collins for quotes, compare the services offered (really important when it comes to industrial moves!), and then figure out what makes the most sense. It’s also really vital that the company you do choose has the proper experience when it comes to moving expensive office equipment – you don’t want an inexperienced mover moving something that costs thousands of dollars!
10. Have a backup plan. Just in case everything that you’ve planned out doesn’t pan out, make sure that you have a backup plan in place. You never know when something might go wrong!
Moving Companies in Fort Collins
When it comes to moving companies in Fort Collins, Exodus Moving and Storage goes above and beyond to make sure that your move is a smooth one. No matter how large your office space is, we will do everything within our power to get you to your new space quickly and without any painlessly. We also provide additional industrial moving services, so make sure to ask us about those. We’re also happy to come to your current office, visit your new space, and give you a free quote based on what we see – in short, there’s no guesswork when you move with us.
Call us today for a free quote!