If you’re feeling the urge to move to a new office space, it might be time to pack up and relocate. But there are some things to think about before making that move. Moving and office can be expensive and time-consuming, so taking your time to choose the perfect place will pay off. Take a look at these tips from your Fort Collins movers.
1. Is the new location easily accessible for your clients? If you run a business where clients stop by on a regular basis, that office basement might not be such a great idea (no matter how cool the space is).
2. Does the location make sense for your industry? On the flip side, if you don’t actually entertain many clients (you don’t have a retail space), a loft with a lot of light or some other kitschy space might be just the thing for your business.
3. Will the location make sense for your employees? If the people that work with you have to travel hours to your new office, you may want to rethink that location. Make sure that the space works for everyone.
4. Does the new space offer something that the old space didn’t? Part of the reason why companies move is to get a better overall space. Weigh the pros and cons of the new space as compared to the old space.
5. Make sure that you know about all the costs associated with the property. This is where hiring someone that handles commercial real estate might come in handy. Are you really considering all of the extra costs?
6. What are the details of the lease? Some lease arrangements do not let you out of a lease if you want to move or if your company needs to downsize, so take a careful look at these details.
7. Is there enough parking space? If you are opening up a retail space in the new office, think about parking. There are few things more frustrating for clients than having nowhere to park!
8. Get moving quotes. If you are going to move, shop around for moving quotes.
Some Additional Considerations
If your company is on the small side, think about sharing office space with another company. There are a lot of co-working space available, too, that will provide you with the office space you need on a rental basis. Plus, you could meet other people that can help your business, network, and generate some new ideas through sharing a space with other companies. When you do find the perfect space, you’ve looked over the lease, and you know what you’re getting into, you’ll want to hire professional movers to help you move into the space.
Exodus, your Fort Collins movers, is a full service moving company, and we’ve moved many companies into new office space. We also offer storage space in both Fort Collins and Denver, in case you can’t move a few things from your current location right away. There’s a lot to consider when it comes to a new office, which is why many companies do work with commercial real estate companies to work out these deals. If you are going it alone, though, make sure to look carefully at the checklist above. Perhaps the most important point here is to make sure that you can break that lease – you don’t want to be stuck with a space you can no longer use or afford!
Call us today for a free moving quote from your Fort Collins movers, or to find out more about what we can do for you. Moving an office should be exciting, not stressful, and we’re happy to help.