Having a custom closet is something that every girl (and many boys!) dreams of. Plus, custom closets are ideal if you just don’t have enough space in your home for all of your things. But there are some definite drawbacks to this type of storage, and also some benefits. Before you drop thousands on a custom closet, take a look at this list of pros and cons.
- You’ll have more room for your stuff. Custom closet designers can work some serious magic. Know how you thought you’d never fit all of your shoes and dresses into that tiny closet? These designers can make it happen, and make it look good at the same time.
- It looks amazing. From custom wood to drawer pulls that you choose yourself, your custom closet will look every bit as amazing as you have been imagining.
- They add home value. If you are looking for Longmont movers or movers in Greeley, CO (or anywhere really), adding a custom closet to a home will raise the value of the home. If you plan to sell in the future, this is a good investment.
- These closets will make use of all the space that you have available. Even inch will be measured, and every bit of your closet will be used for your new custom space.
- They are quick to install. Closet installation experts can easily put up your custom closet in half a day, so there’s no hassle for you involved in this process.
- The price: Custom closets can easily cost thousands of dollars. Be prepared to spend a lot of money on that closet if you’re going to go the custom route.
- These closets are designed for the things that you have right now, but you may not be able to expand your wardrobe or cut back on certain things. If you move in the future or just change up the way that you dress, you’re stuck with your custom closet. You can expand or change the closet, but keep in mind this will undoubtedly cost extra.
- You may start adding more stuff than you need to your closet space. Now that you have all those drawers and shelves, you may feel like buying a lot of things to fill up the area. This could mean that you will become a pack rat, and you may find your new closet overflowing in no time.
If you don’t have the time or patience to create a custom solution yourself, you may want to call those custom closet designers. Otherwise, there are various solutions available from companies like Ikea, Home Depot, and The Container Store. The best way to figure out if you can do this yourself is to add up the costs of buying custom closet options from one of these stores, the time it takes you to install that option, and whether or not you actually have the time. Then, compare that to a custom closet price (usually around $3000).
You may find that you can greatly benefit from the custom option, or that an Ikea option is more than adequate. While we can’t help you build a custom closet, we can help you when it comes to moving to your new home. Exodus Moving and Storage is a full service moving company that can help you pack, move, and unpack. With movers in Longmont, CO, and all over the Denver and Fort Collins area (we even have movers in Greeley, CO), our team is here to help you make that move a smooth one. Whether you are moving in Colorado or moving across the world, we can help. Call our Longmont movers today for a completely free estimate.
Do you have a custom closet? Was it worth it or not? Let us know what you did or didn’t like about your closet experience by heading over to Facebook. We’d love to chat with you there!
Even if you’ve hired movers in Boulder CO to move your items from one place to another, you may have a long drive ahead of you all the same. Most people that move long distances drive to their new destination, and this may include many hours inside of a vehicle with very little stopping time.
It’s important that you stay safe while you are driving, which is why we want to share with you some basic tips on how to stay awake while you are on the road. It’s not easy to keep your eyes open when you’ve been driving for so long, but these basic tricks will help you stay alert and awake.
- Don’t drive for more than ten hours at a time. Technically, you can drive for 16 hours, but it’s better to abide by the ten hour rule. Your body will be very tired after ten hours of driving — and the kids in the back will probably be more than a little restless too! Stop after ten hours, rest overnight, and then continue the next morning.
- Get a good night of sleep before you leave. Sleeping in your home for the last time can be a hard thing to do, but it’s vital that you do get proper sleep before you hit the road. If you can’t sleep, try some things to help you fall asleep faster like meditation, sleeping pills, or anything else you can think of that will help. You’ll be glad you slept well when you do finally hit the road in the morning.
- Remember that coffee takes at least twenty minutes to kick in. So, if you’re driving and you’re tired, go inside of that coffee shop to sip on some coffee, and skip the drive through. You’ll need the extra time to allow the caffeine to kick in.
- It has been proven that things like turning up the radio and opening the window do not actually keep you awake when driving. If you are feeling so sleepy that you can’t drive without a blast of cold air in your face, it’s time to pull over. You can find a rest stop where you can take a nap, or find a hotel along the way.
- Map it all out. The best way to make sure that you are driving safely is to map out your route before you leave. Figure out how long it takes to drive from one spot to the next, and include rest spots. You can also find hotels along the route that you can stop at. Trust us, anyone that’s traveling with you would be very happy to stop overnight, and not be stuck in the car for hours on end!
- Make it fun. Driving a long distance doesn’t have to be stressful in the least. You can make the whole trip a lot of fun by finding places to stop along the way, hitting up some really interesting restaurants, and by finding hotels that the kids will love. Besides, there’s a good chance that you’ve never been to some of the towns you’ll be passing, right? Why not take the time to stop, eat, shop and explore those towns? You’ll find an adventure awaits at every turn.
Moving Can be a Breeze
When you work with the right moving company, getting to your new home doesn’t have to be rough. You can leave for your trip a few days ahead of time, and work with a company like Exodus that can pack up all of your remaining items for you. So all you have to do is jump in the car, plan out a fun route, and get where you need to go. A professional moving company can handle the rest and meet you at your new home on time and as planned — without a hitch.
If you’re looking for Longmont movers, Exodus Moving and Storage has the best moving company in Fort Collins, the best rates, a professional team of movers that will never let you down, and we also have storage rental spaces in both Denver and Fort Collins. Our goal is to make sure that your move is as stress free as possible, and that includes taking care of all the small details while you plan out your move. We know that you have questions, so we invite you to check out this blog, call us for more information, or connect with us on Facebook. We will be happy to answer any questions that you have as soon as possible.
If you are planning any kind of road travel in the future, heed the above tips, and make sure that you and your passengers are safe when you travel. Falling asleep at the wheel is a real thing, but it’s also something that you can avoid with some careful planning.
Urban farming is on the rise, and that means that your city neighbor may be raising chickens or planting a rooftop garden. Some bigger city farm organizations may also be planting rows of crops for people to enjoy, or to help out inner city kids (as many cities currently do). While urban farming is great and really important, there are some aspects of the urban farm that a lot of people starting these outfits never consider prior to setting up shop.
One of the problems urban farmers that have large spaces face is how to handle farm equipment when it comes to making a move. Even the biggest rooftop farms have some kind of equipment, and moving anything of this sort requires a special hand and some definite expertise.
First: Work Out the Permits
You can’t simply throw a massive piece of farm machinery on a flatbed truck and head down the highway. In most cities, moving large pieces of equipment that can spill over into another lane requires a special permit. Find out if you need this permit before you move, or you could be looking at a hefty fine — and no farm equipment at your new place before you get that permit.
On the other hand, if you just want to drive a tractor down a road that’s not a highway, you can usually do so without a permit (but it’s still worth checking!). What if you want to tow a piece of equipment? Can you do this without a permit? The answer is that it depends on where you are towing. If you are towing on a major highway, then you need a permit. If you are towing on a side road, you probably don’t need a permit. Then again, you do need a permit for most things in any city, so keep this in mind. You may also want to buy some “Wide Load” signs just in case!
Next: Think about the Fragility
Some farm equipment is really fragile. If you have special water systems for your rooftop farm, or a very expensive piece of equipment that you have to be very careful to transport, you do not want to move these items haphazardly. It is highly recommended that you call movers in Boulder, CO if you plan to move farm equipment in this area. Professional movers will be able to tell you whether or not they can move fragile and expensive equipment, or whether you need a special kind of mover to help make this trip.
The benefit to hiring professionals is that a company that’s both insured and bonded is liable for any kind of move that they make. So, if your equipment winds up damaged in a move, you can simply go back to the company and claim any damages that way. Companies that specialize in these types of moves have insurance for these reasons.
Finally: What About Your Plants?
Plants of any kind are extremely fragile. If you’ve been working with and growing plants for some time now, you know just how picky they can be. Some plants might not appreciate a long move without proper care, and proper care means hiring movers with the right equipment to transport your plants without any harm being done to them. Once again, this kind of move requires a special team of movers that have experience handling fragile plants.
How You Can Prepare Your Longmont Movers
Even the most specialized of movers need instructions when it comes to something as important as transporting fragile plants or how to move certain equipment. It’s advisable that you have someone from your staff explain to your moving team how to accurately and precisely move equipment or plants from one location to the next. With proper care instructions, your plants and equipment can be moved without harm, and you can set up shop somewhere new with all of your important items in place.
It takes a lot to move a farm, which is why many farmers never move! But today’s urban farms move regularly due to space and other issues. Knowing how to move your equipment by getting the right permits and operating with a moving team that you can trust will make all the difference. As an experienced moving company in Fort Collins, Exodus Moving and Storage is ready for you if you need help moving your farm. To find out more about our services, call us today to schedule an appointment, or to ask us any questions that you may have.
You can also find us on Facebook if you want to connect with us there and ask questions on our Facebook page. You can trust the team at Exodus to move anything you have in mind expertly, on time, and right the first time!
Watching a parent or other loved one slowly age and lose capabilities is a hard thing to do. As a child or sole caretaker, it might be your responsibility to decide when that person needs to move into an assisted living home. While everyone is different, here are some signs that you can look for that may indicate it’s time to call your Boulder movers.
Fast accidents with slow recovery times. Everyone slips, falls, and drops things, but many accidents that happen regularly may be a telltale sign that the person you love needs help. The other thing to look for is signs of a slow recovery. After an accident or flu or cold, was the person you love able to recover quickly, or did it take a good amount of time for that person to recover? Sometimes, a slower recovery can mean that the person is unable to care for herself.
Difficulty doing everyday tasks. If your mother has always done her own cooking, cleaning, and laundry, and she suddenly has a really hard time doing these basic tasks, it might be time for help.
Weight gain or weight loss. Either drastic weight gain or weight loss can both be signs that the person is struggling. Sometimes, weight gain can be attributed to diseases like diabetes or Alzheimer’s (someone may forget that they have already eaten), and weight loss can be a sign of the same kind of struggle.
Bodily odor. If you notice that the person you’re thinking about has suddenly started to smell, this can be a sign of dementia or depression. Try and find out why that person is not showering regularly (sometimes, it could be something as simple as not feeling safe getting in and out of a shower!).
Look for signs of inactivity. Is the person you’re thinking about no longer leaving the house, or stays in the house for days on end? If someone isn’t getting out of the house at all, isn’t visiting with friends, and isn’t making an effort to leave, there’s an underlying reason.
How to Find Out More
If you don’t live with the person you’re worried about, the next best way to figure out what’s happening is to speak with neighbors or friends. A neighbor may know more than you think, so ask if the person has been suffering, or if other things might be going on.
What to Do
The first thing to do is talk with the person to try and get to the bottom of some of the struggles. Some things may have practical explanations, and other things may not have any explanation at all. The second thing to do is to call a social worker to have that person’s autonomy evaluated. There may be some small adjustments you can make to the person’s home before a big move needs to take place. Or, the social worker may tell you that it’s time for that person to move into an assisted living home. If you do need to move someone, you will have to call your Longmont movers to set up a moving time, work out a moving schedule, and figure out the details. We can help you with a moving quote and complete moving services (from packing to unpacking) at Exodus, just give us a call.
It’s never easy to admit that your loved one needs assisted help. The alternative, though, is to allow that person to suffer in silence, and that’s not a better option. If you’re having a hard time deciding whether or not to move someone, do make a call to a local social worker, and find out what you can do. You can also consider therapy to help you with this decision — sometimes, you will need support too!