Staying at a Hotel? Here are some Housekeeping Tips to Know
If you’ve already hired the Denver moving company that you plan to use, you may be well on your way to being packed and headed in your new direction. If you’ve hired a long distance moving company, though, you may have to stop over at a hotel before you actually arrive at your new home. While hotel stays can be fun and relaxing, there are some things that you should make a note of if you want to get along with the housekeeping staff.
- The ‘Do Not Disturb’ Sign: ah, the DND sign. This sign exists so that housekeepers won’t bother you if that’s your wish and need, but you may find that some housekeepers knock on your door anyway. Why? Because they have to in some cases. Sometimes, hotels insist that maids knock to find out if everything is okay, and that may mean being disturbed. If you don’t want someone knocking, let the front desk know that you are serious about not being bothered.
- Need a cleaning? Here’s what to do: if you find that you need to have your room cleaned after you told the staff not to bother you (and they passed by your room), you can still have your room cleaned. How? Find the housekeeping staff on your floor, and tell them that you are in need of having your room cleaned, but do it nicely. Or, you can just call the front desk and let them know what you need.
- Stay awhile? Leave a tip. The housekeepers in any hotel appreciate tips, and leaving a good tip means that you may get a few extra things. Some housekeepers will organize your stuff, lay out towels on sinks to put your stuff on, give you extra products, or just provide you with everything that you need (including stocking the mini bar with extra water or folding your towels into swans) if you leave a tip. How much should you tip? One to two dollars is customary.
- Go green? Most hotels now have the option to “go green” by not asking staff to wash your towels and other linens. This might be good for the environment, but it’s also good for that hotel chain’s wallet. The less staff needed to wash linens, the less the hotel has to pay for that staff. So, your housekeepers might appreciate the day off, but they may also appreciate the work hours, so we’ll make it your call in this case.
- Housekeeping is hard! Just think of all those heavy mattresses, messes, and things that housekeepers have to do. Wouldn’t you appreciate a tip or two?
Smooth Hotel Sailing
It can be hard to be nice and friendly when you are jet lagged or just really tired from moving, but your long distance moving company should take care of all the actual moving, and all you have to do is get where you’re going. If you do have to stay at any hotels along the way, try and be as nice as possible. In this case, being kind to housekeeping staff will get you very far!
Booking That Long Distance Moving Company
If you haven’t booked your Denver moving company yet, call Exodus Moving and Storage to find out what our rates are, and how we can help you move. As a long distance moving company, we can easily move your things from where you are to anywhere in the world, all you have to do is call us to book today.
We also offer storage solutions in both Denver and Fort Collins, so ask us about our storage facility rates, or check out our Facebook page for more details.