For a lot of renters, July means moving month. July also happens to be one of the hottest months out of the year, and that means that you can expect some heat on moving day! Other than letting your Fort Collins movers take care of your move for you, there are some other things that you can do to stay cool.
1. Hydrate! Start the night before your move by drinking as much water as possible. During your move, keep a large water bottle filled up and nearby at all times. Make sure that you drink from the bottle regularly during your move, so that you do not become hydrated – and, hey, if your Fort Collins movers look a little bit parched, offer them a glass of water or two too, they’ll appreciate the gesture.
2. Wear sunblock. If you aren’t hiring Fort Collins movers to help you with your move, and you plan to be in the sun all day, make sure to slather on the sunblock or coconut oil (this has natural SPF). Why? Because it’s not fun to move into a new home with a serious sunburn!
3. Keep pets cool and indoors. Your dog may want to see what’s happening during a move, but it’s a really good idea to keep your pets inside, cool, and well hydrated during any summertime move. Pets don’t often look like they are hot or dehydrated, but they can become overheated quickly. If you are moving cats, try to move them to your new place with a food and water setup before you move everything else – this will keep your cats cool and safe.
4. Keep kids cool and hydrated too. Your kids don’t need to be around when you’re lifting boxes, so send them to a neighbor’s house to stay indoors or away from the direct heat.
5. Take breaks. Even movers that are part of a long distance moving company take breaks now and then. You have to stop while you are moving, pause, take a break, hydrate, and then get back to work in order to avoid heatstroke or becoming exhausted. Sure, it’s nice to move quickly, but it’s better to move safely.
6. Wear sunglasses. Did you know that people with light eyes are more susceptible to sun damage? Even if you don’t have light eyes, keep your eyes shielded from the sun by wearing eye protection.
7. Keep your new place cool. If you have air conditioning at your new home, run the AC before you move in. This way, your home will be nice and cool. If you don’t have AC, open up all the windows, so that there’s a nice breeze blowing in your home prior to moving in – you don’t’ want to sleep in heat.
8. Remember to have fun. That’s right, have fun with your move! Moving to a new place means embarking on new adventures, finding new friends, and learning new things. There’s a lot of excitement that awaits you wherever you are headed, and it all begins with your move.
Let Us Help
At Exodus, we are long distance moving company and short distance movers – we can help with all kinds of moves, no matter where you are going or where you are coming from. Moving is what we do best, and we’d love to make your move this July a great one. The summer months book quickly, though, so make sure to give us a call to see what we can do for you. We’re also happy to provide you with a free moving estimate, just give us a call and tell us what you need to move.
Remember to stay cool this July when you move by following our cool tips.