Rights and Responsibilities
To help you out we have provided a list of questions you should ask and know before requesting services from any mover. These are your Rights and Responsibilities furnished by your mover as required by Federal Law.
- What is my mover’s normal liability for loss or damage when my mover accepts goods from me?
- What actions by me limit or reduce my movers normal liability?
- What are the dangerous or hazardous materials that may limit or reduce my mover’s normal liability?
- Should my mover have agents?
- What items must be in my movers advertisements?
- How does my mover handle complaints and inquiries?
- Do I have the right to inspect my movers tariffs applicable to my move?
- Must my mover have an arbitration program?
- Must my mover inform me about my rights and responsibilities under the Federal Law?
- What additional information does my mover provide for me?
- How does my mover collect charges?
- May my mover collect charges upon delivery?
- May my mover extend credit to me?
- May my mover accept charge or credit card for payments?