Where to Pick Pumpkins and Apples in Fort Collins
The fall season means apples, and pumpkins, and pies – oh my! In Fort Collins, we love the fall season, and it comes with some of the best fruits and vegetables including pumpkins and apples. As movers in Fort Collins, we know where all the best farms are too, so take a look at this list, and get ready to do some picking!
1. Bartels Land and Livestock: Bartels is where you want to go if you’re bringing the kids along to pick some pumpkins. You’ll find a petting zoo in addition to pre-picked pumpkins and pumpkins that are still on the vine. Bring your kids to Bartels for a fun fall day that they will never forget.
2. Just What Grows Gardens: in Morgan County, you will find this farm that’s true to its name. At Just What Grows Gardens, you’ll only find things that are currently in season and growing. School trips can be set up, too, so give the farm a call.
3. Bee Family Centennial Farm Museum: the Bee Family farm is a living museum that teaches kids all about life on the farm in the old days. Kids will enjoy costumes and tons of other fun things to do.
4. Lukens Farms: this farm has a petting zoo too, but you’ll also find things like turkey wandering around in addition to lots of pumpkins, of course! Apple season also begins in September at Lukens Farms, so make sure to set a day aside to pick some delicious apples.
5. Miller Farms: this farm has lots of delicious things throughout the year, and fall means pumpkins and apples at Miller Farms. You can start to pick your own fall treats in September, or you can visit the farm before that time too.
Planning a Picking Day
There are few things better than getting out in the fresh and sunny fall air, and picking some crispy apples or large pumpkins (that you can carve later, of course!). As movers in Fort Collins, we enjoy taking a day off to pick fresh produce, and you should too. If you have kids, make sure to carve out a few hours, compare rates, consider the type of farm you want to visit, and figure out if the farm you’re going to has kid-centered activities like petting zoos and rides.
Even though most farms cater to kids, there’s no reason why you can’t enjoy picking apples and pumpkins even if you don’t have kids – in fact, your Fort Collins movers recommend it! What better way to get some of that fresh fall air? Plus, you can turn any apples into pie, and pumpkins are fun to carve at any age.
Moving to Fort Collins
If you haven’t arrived in Fort Collins yet, you are in for a real fall treat. This part of the country abounds with amazing produce all year long, but the fall season is the absolute best. If you are looking for Fort Collins movers, Exodus Moving and Storage is here for you. We’re proud to be the community’s pick for Fort Collins movers, and we can help you move too.
We also offer storage spaces in Denver and Fort Collins, so ask us about those rates. When it comes to Fort Collins movers, it doesn’t get much easier than working with us! Call Exodus today for additional information.