The website Mashable has just published an interesting report titled ‘What $1500 in Rent Gets You in 11 U.S. Cities.” As you might have suspected, this article shows you what the average apartment would look like across the U.S., and the results are really quite shocking.
If you’re planning on moving to Fort Collins, you can expect to get a good deal for your $1500 bucks, but that’s not the case if you’re moving to NYC!
Take a look at some of the cities that Mashable has researched.
– Washington D.C.: planning on moving to D.C.? You can expect to get a one bathroom studio for $1500 – yikes!
– San Francisco: San Francisco might be fun to visit, but this city isn’t a blast if you have to plunk down $1500 for a studio with one bathroom and a two-burner stove (in other words, a seriously small kitchen).
– Boston: you’re not going to get a lot more in Boston than you would in San Francisco, but at least you will get a one bedroom instead of a studio (that two-burner stove might still be a possibility, though).
– Missoula, Montana: if you are looking for a place to move to (don’t forget to call your long distance movers to help you out!), Missoula might be the place for you. Missoula residents can find four-bedroom apartments that span roughly 1800 square feet in that part of Montana – not bad at all.
– Omaha, Nebraska: Omaha is comparable to Missoula if you’re looking for space. Mashable estimates that you can get a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, house that’s approximately 1400 square feet in size for $1500.
– Miami, Florida: to live in the sun in Miami, be ready for a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, at around 715 square feet – a little bit better than San Francisco and New York City, but not spectacular.
Moving to Fort Collins
So, what can you expect to find in Fort Collins if you are moving to Fort Collins and you want to rent? For around $1200 in Fort Collins (according to the website Northern Colorado Rentals), you can find a two bedroom place with two bathrooms – that’s not bad at all! In fact, Fort Collins is an affordable place to live with a lot to offer couples, families, and individuals.
We also want to point out that our town is ideal if you plan to open a business. There’s a really strong sense of local business and loyalty to local businesses here in Fort Collins, and your business is welcome in our community. In short, don’t discount Colorado if you are thinking of moving long distance. While you can move to a place like Omaha, Colorado has a lot to offer where work, life, and the great outdoors is concerned.
What a Long Distance Moving Company Can Do
We know that it’s hard to move long distance! That’s why our long distance moving company has developed strategies to make your move simpler. In addition to helping you move all of your things, Exodus Moving and Storage also offers packing and unpacking services. Just think of how much simpler moving will be with some help from expert packers! We also know that you can’t always bring everything with you when you move, and that’s why we’re happy to offer you storage solutions in both Fort Collins and Denver.
If you are looking for a new place to move to, make sure to consider how much you can get for a certain price in various parts of the world. You may find a new town by matching what you can afford with finding a suitable home, or you may just discover that the rent prices where you live are decent after all. Either way, we can help by being your reliable long distance moving company. Call Exodus Moving and Storage today for a free price quote, or find us on Facebook to ask any questions that you might have.