How To Pack For A Move – A Moving Checklist
How to pack boxes for moving dishes and china.
Stuff glassware and china with tissue or packing paper (if you like, you can purchase this from Exodus.) If you use newspaper, be prepared to clean all glassware of newsprint upon arrival at the final destination.
- Wrap each dish individually with packing material.
- Crumple your packing material and place it along the bottom and sides of the packing container. Also, place packing material between each row of dishes for extra padding.
- Be sure to stand your dishes on end as they are stronger in this position.
- Place the heaviest items on bottom of the packing container and the lightest on top.
- Any void space in glasses, cups, bowls, or other fragile ware should be filled with packing material. These items should also be placed facing the bottom of the container.
- Be sure to pack the container full to the top, leaving about 3 to 4 inches at the top to be filled with crumpled packing material. Then securely tape the box closed.