Would Moving Your Business Would Be Smart?
Businesses relocated every day. But how can you be sure when it’s time to move? There are a few telltale signs that you need to relocate – and some that should indicate that moving wouldn’t be the best idea. As your movers in Fort Collins, we have a few tips for you that will help you figure out when it’s time to move your business.
1. Things aren’t kept well: if you are currently running a company out of a building that isn’t kept in good condition, you may want to move. Things that can be cause for breaking a lease include leaky roofs, broken windows, and other structural problems that are having a negative impact on your daily profits and company life.
2. You aren’t getting enough foot traffic: not all businesses run on foot traffic, and it may not make sense for you to seek out a more visible location if you don’t expect or need any traffic from the street. But if you’re selling items that require people to come into your store to purchase things, you’ll want to make sure that your company is visible. Move to get more foot traffic if it makes sense.
3. You need a much bigger space: have you outgrown your current space? If you find yourself cramming inventory into nooks and crannies, and you can’t quite figure out where to put all that other stuff you want to order, it might be time to upgrade.
4. The rent has skyrocketed: are you making enough money to keep paying that rent? If not, it might be time to move.
5. You’re being forcefully moved: sometimes, developers purchase a building with the intent on tearing it down. When this happens, the space that you are renting now might not exist in a few months, or you may be forced to move to a newer, and more expensive, space.
All of these reasons would give anyone good cause to move a business. That said, there are also some instances when moving doesn’t make any sense at all.
When Not to Move Your Business
1. All of your employees live far away from the new location. Unless you want to start the hiring process all over again, moving to a new place may not be the best idea.
2. The cost of a new space is higher. This only makes sense if you are making more money, and if you have been making more money at a steady pace for some time. Otherwise, spending more on a different space is silly.
3. Balancing two spaces will kill your profits. What will you do while you prepare to move to the new place? In most cases, you will have to keep pay the old rent while also paying the new rent to reserve the new space. Make sure to add up these costs, and only move if you can afford to juggle both spaces.
4. Your clients are in one specific area. If you have a steady clientele that lives in one location, be prepared to lose some of these customers if you move. Yes, some people will go to your new spot, but most won’t.
Getting There in One Piece
If you do decide to make a move, you’ll want to go through the moving process as effectively and quickly as possible – this means hiring movers in Fort Collins, like Exodus, to help you with all of your items. As movers in Fort Collins, we have a lot of experience moving businesses of all kinds, and we even offer storage spaces in both Denver and Fort Collins, so you can store anything you can’t bring to your new space right away. Call us today for a moving quote, or to find out more information before you get that free moving quote. In the meantime, make sure to consider the pros and cons of moving carefully before you make this decision!
Trackback from your site.