Forbes has just created a list of the happiest and unhappiest jobs, and some of the top jobs on the happy side might surprise you. We’ll focus on the happy jobs here (in case you’re moving long distance and looking for a new job), but we will make sure to add the top unhappy jobs to the bottom too – just in case you’re tempted with one of those jobs after moving long distance! Take a look!
The Happy Side
- The Database Administrator: these people keep watch over sensitive information, but we think it’s the salary (not the stress level) that lands database admins at the top of this list. The average salary here is $79,000.
- Quality Assurance Engineers: once again, the salary takes the cake for those people testing software – starting at $70,000 isn’t bad.
- Recruiters: you know those people that might be contacting you through LinkedIn if you’re moving to Cherry Creek? Headhunters earn a respectable $51,000 on average, but they also get to meet new people all the time, travel, and are often rewarded for their efforts.
- Insurance Underwriters: no, these aren’t writers (those are on the sad list). Underwriters are the ones that decide whether or not you get the insurance coverage you need, and they are paid around $70,000 to do it.
- Executive Assistants: these people research all day, schedule meetings, and are basically the right-hands of executive – they are also paid around $50,000.
Most of the jobs on the Forbes happy list are of the engineering sort, which requires a special degree and lots of experience. So, let’s now look at the unhappy list, in case you are moving to Cherry Creek, and aren’t sure what kind of job to pick.
The Unhappy List
- At the top of the Forbes unhappy list is the security guard: security guards are often put in danger, but they only earn an average of $27,000.
- Bank branch managers: These people incur a lot of stress, and the medium income is around $50,000.
- Accountants: Managing people’s money is really stressful, and you have to worry about governments too! The average salary is around $71,000 for an accountant.
- Customer service representatives: Dealing with unhappy people all day isn’t fun for anyone. The next time you call a customer service rep, remember this! These people are paid an average of $20,000 per year.
- Retail general manager: If you’re the general manager at a retail store, this means that you are dealing with returns, mad people, and general angst all day – yikes! General managers make around $42,000.
Moving to Cherry Creek
Cherry Creek is a really nice area with a lot of great jobs, so scope out the marketplace before you find one that you are going to settle on. You may want to pick a job from the happy list and avoid the sad list, unless you know how to handle stress well. Most of the time, people are unhappy with their jobs because they do not allow enough freedom, and because they have to deal with unhappy people and low pay. Those things combined do not add up to happy professions!
When it comes to moving long distance, call your friendly and always happy Exodus moving company team. We will make sure that your move is an easy one, and that all of your stuff arrives where you want it to go on time. If you have any questions for us, feel free to give us a call, or ask us a question on our Facebook page.