Fresh Place Friday: Denver, Colorado
The Mile-High City- there’s nothing like it. Perhaps that’s because it’s the second Exodus Moving & Storage location. Yes, we’re talking about Denver, Colorado. This week, our Colorado movers are going to spotlight the capitol of this magnificent state. This city truly offers something for everyone as it combines both history and entertainment with urban and rural living.
Check out some of the many things to do in Denver, Colorado:
• Denver Art Museum- The building itself is a work of art and the pieces inside are just as outstanding. Two buildings house the world’s greatest collection of Native American art along with 68,000 other art objects from renowned masters.
• Colorado State Capitol- You can’t visit (or live) in the capitol of CO without visiting the building that sits 5,280 feet above sea level and offers the perfect panorama of the snow-covered peaks. Climb to the top of the dome to view truly breath-taking sites.
• Larimer Square- This block is filled with the trendiest Victorian buildings that house dance clubs, shopping, comedy clubs, quaint outdoor cafés and a multitude of restaurants to try.
• 16th Street Mall- This is a mile-long promenade that boasts natural scenery (50,000 flowers!!), outdoor cafés and a walkway that was designed to mimic the pattern on a diamondback rattlesnake. It’s a must-see. Even locals love it!
• Confluence Park- There is seriously too much at this location to even begin describing. Confluence Park is home to an 850-mile bike trail network, the Platte River Trolley, the Downtown Aquarium, restaurants and Elitch Gardens- a downtown theme park right in Denver, CO.
• LoDo Historic District- Don’t let the name fool you, the historic district is filled with brewpubs, restaurants, rooftop cafés and iconic stores that invented some of the West’s greatest fashion.
• Cherry Creek- Just two miles from downtown Denver (and accessible by bike) waits the Denver Botanic Gardens and Cherry Creek Shopping District- check out one of the most beautiful displays of nature then catch up on your retail therapy.
• City Park- This area is known for the Denver Zoo and Museum of Nature & Science. City Park is also the largest park in the area with beautiful views of the mountains, lakes, gardens and paths for hiking and jogging.
This list doesn’t even begin to exhaust the options you have when moving to or visiting Denver, Colorado. Take our word for it; Denver, CO is the perfect mix of big city life with all the great options for careers, nightlife and entertainment along with the great outdoors that we know and love Colorado for. If you are looking to move to Colorado, Denver is a must.