If you’re moving to Boulder from another part of the country or the world, you’ll probably be spending some time waiting at an airport. Even though some airports try really hard to provide travelers with great places to shop, duty free options, and plenty of food and coffee choices, waiting for hours on end at an airport is really anything but fun or exciting. So, how can you pass the time at an airport without being bored to tears?
We’ve helped a lot of people that are moving to Boulder (and we’ve spent a lot of time in airports!), so we have a few tips for you to help you pass the time when you’re stuck waiting for your flight.
- Use the time to catch up on your reading. When was the last time that you had a chance to sit down with a paperback book? If you haven’t done the reading thing in a while, check out some best-seller lists before you leave, and make sure to pack a good book or two. If you forgot to bring a book with you, rest assured that most airports on your way to moving to Boulder have bookstores – stock up!
- Check out your social networks. See what the people you know are doing on sites like Facebook (we’re there too!), Twitter, and LinkedIn. See if you can connect with more people, read funny things that other people have posted, and enjoy the time that you have to read through posts you may not read otherwise.
- Get a massage or go for a manicure. Sure, those airport beauty options can be pricey, but you totally deserve a pedicure if your feet are sore and tired. Kick off your shoes and let the professional go to work on your toes or nails, or get a nice relaxing massage to really ease the tension that you might have felt after crossing through customs or waiting for hours in those really uncomfortable airport chairs.
- Find a lounge. There are exclusive lounges all over the airport for VIPs, but you can get in on some lounge action even if you aren’t a VIP. Before you leave, find out if the airport you’ll be stuck at will allow you access to a lounge for a one-time fee. Some lounges offer great little pampering extras that you will really enjoy indulging in if you are stuck at an airport for any length of time.
- Roam around and people watch. Sometimes, it can be really entertaining just to sit back, grab a drink or coffee, and watch the travelers roll by. There’s really no better time to just relax and see what other people are up to, where other people are going, and to maybe make a friend or two while you wait.
- Get some air. Some airports have rooftops that are accessible, so check this out if it’s a possibility. Once you’re past the security checkpoint, though, it might be hard to get outdoors, so take your time soaking up the sunshine while you can.
- If you have a layover, why not check your bags at the airport by renting a locker, and get outside to enjoy the city that you’re currently in? You can roam around for a few hours, see the sights, and get back to the airport in time for your flight. Just make sure to consider rush hour traffic and other delaying factors.
Working With Your Long Distance Moving Company
If you are flying and you have hired a long distance moving company to get your stuff to your new place, make sure to tell the long distance moving company that you’ve hired what your flight time are, and when you can expect to arrive at your destination. This way, you are all on the same page when it comes to your arrival time – or just arrange to have your moving company arrive a day or two after your flight lands. Either way, you’re in great hands with Exodus Moving and Storage. Call us today to book your move, and enjoy the time you have to spend in the airport!