Essentials Box to the Rescue!
Many people like to either move before their things arrive to their new destination or have no choice-they must be out and their things have their own time schedule. If this is you, it is incredibly important to have what I like to call an essentials box packed away just for you, that you bring along in the initial trip. This will save you money, headache and time—bring your essential home items with you!
This is an unofficial list. If you find that there are things on this list that are missing, please feel free to comment , as people all have different ideas of what essentials are.
I can’t leave my old home to my NEW home without:
- Toilet Paper
- Dish soap
- Dishtowel and dishcloth
- All-purpose cleaner
- Garbage bags
- Portable tool kit
- Instant coffee
- Paper Towels
- Mug, plate, fork, knife, spoon for each member of the family
- Toaster or small toaster oven
- Jar of pasta sauce and pasta (or some easy food item for one dinner and lunch)
- Unopened small jar of jam/peanut butter
- Snacks (healthy preferable—less stress!)
- Beverages (water, juice)
- Pet food and dishes
- All-purpose cutting knife
- Scissors/box cutter
- Small emergency kit
- Shower curtain
- Shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothbrush, floss, and paste
- A change of clothing and towel for each member of the family.
- Important records such as medical records, passports, leases, financial information, etc.