Aspen, Colorado is a city that is renowned for its winter sports, but it is also so much more. As Colorado movers, we believe that when relocating to a new city, you know all that it has to offer, not just the marquee highlights. So if you were looking to make your Colorado move to Aspen, CO, we’ve taken the time to lay out all that Aspen has to offer (aside from four world class mountains with a lift ticket that gains you access to each of them…cough-AWESOME-cough):
- The West End Walking Tour allows visitors and natives to get to know Aspen and the Victorian architectural legacy left behind by the aristocrats of the 1800s. The tour is operated by the Aspen Historical Society and relates stories of the historic homes, their owners and even what’s buried beneath!
- Get to know Aspen’s “dark side” with an evening Aspen Walking Tour that pulls back the shiny exterior and gives you a glimpse of its tarnished past. This is NOT for the faint of heart!
- After its opening in 1889, the Wheeler Opera House was originally a part of the “Silver Circuit”, a mining era collection of venues that brought internationally renowned performers to the silver and gold mining camps and towns of Colorado’s high country. After it burned to the ground in the late 20th century, it has since been renovated in the 40’s as well as the 80’s and is now one of Aspen’s foremost venues for performance.
Arts & Culture:
- The Aspen Art Museum offers exhibitions of contemporary art, art workshops, lectures and tours.
- The Aspen Santa Fe Ballet is an internationally acclaimed professional dance company which brings dance to Aspen year-round, including the summer Aspen Dance Festival.
- The Jazz Aspen Snowmass is an internationally recognized summer-long series of musical performances and diverse education programs dedicated to the preservation and performance of Jazz and World music.
For the Kids:
- THE AJAX Adventure Camp offers kids and teens the ultimate Aspen summer camp with exciting day camp activities & overnight excursions. Based out of the Aspen Middle School, the day camp operations run from 9:00 – 5:00.
- The Red Brick Recreation Center is 100% pure fun. It includes day camps, baseball, rock climbing, gymnastics, adult sports, events, aerobics, intramurals, birthday parties, and more!
- Horseback riding was originally how people got around Aspen, now you can take a tour of the city on horseback just like in the 1800’s.
- Several world class spas and health clubs are located in Aspen, CO and are a great way to relax after a day spent on the slopes. Enjoy massages, hot tubs or a yoga class.
- Check out Blazing Adventures for some great rafting options in the Aspen, CO area.
- There’s nothing like playing a few rounds of golf on our perfectly manicured greens while surrounded by the majestic mountains. Nothing can beat it.
Take it from us, your local Colorado movers, Aspen, Colorado is one of the most exciting, historic and family oriented places to live. So if you’re planning a Colorado move, consider Aspen, Colorado to call home.