How to Choose a New School
If you have to move your family, you’re probably wondering how to choose the right school in a new town from where you’re currently located. Thankfully, the Internet exists, and using the Internet to help you research schools will be useful – but it’s not enough on its own. We’ve helped a lot of families move as movers in Fort Collins, and we’ve compiled some tips that you can use to successfully find a new school in your new town for your kids.
1. Use the Internet to look at sites like greatschools.com – there are other sites, too, in different towns that highlight good schools, bad schools, and provide accurate descriptions of courses, teachers, and what certain schools are like (in addition to tuition prices for private schools).
2. Reach out as much as possible to people in the area. This is a simple thing to do if you plan to get a job in your new town, and you can ask your new employer to help you out with some recommendations, but if you aren’t going to get a job in your new town, you’ll need to use the internet some more. How? Social networks!
3. Get social. Look online for various social networking groups that pertain to your new town. Groups for parents are especially useful, and you can ask opinions about different schools from various parents that reside in the town. You might get some conflicting opinions, but you’ll be able to narrow down the selection using this information.
4. Consider the order that you want to move in. This one might sound funny, but you may want to think about finding a good school before you find a home or a job. You may know that you have to move to a certain area, but you don’t have to move to a certain neighborhood until you have had the time to properly explore the options. Look for ideal schools for your kids before you choose a home or apartment. This way, you can live in the area where your children will go to school, and you can choose the best school.
5. Find out more. Most schools will happily provide you with a package of information, or you can simply pick up the phone and ask about the school you are considering. If you plan to send your kids to a private school, you can also arrange a meeting and a school tour (this may apply to public schools too). Sometimes, the best way to really get to know what a school is like is to speak to people that work at the school, or visit the school and take a complete tour.
6. Take your time. If you have a few months before you move, take the time to really research your options. You may find that the schools that are the most popular aren’t the ones that are also a great match for your kids. Take into consideration the kinds of schools that are available, and try to match the schools in the area with the interests that your kids have.
Moving It All
Getting to where you need to go without any trouble is a godsend, and we can help you where your move is concerned (we’re also furniture movers!). We can also provide you with reasonable storage space options, and we can do much more too as movers in Fort Collins. As a full-service moving company, our mission is to make sure that your move is a smooth one, and that includes being furniture movers and more.
Call us today for an estimate or to find out what we can help you with – we’re your movers in Fort Collins! Moving your kids to a new school is never easy, but you can make it all easier if you spend some time finding the right school. Got any additional tips? Leave us a note on our Facebook page!