Having a custom closet is something that every girl (and many boys!) dreams of. Plus, custom closets are ideal if you just don’t have enough space in your home for all of your things. But there are some definite drawbacks to this type of storage, and also some benefits. Before you drop thousands on a custom closet, take a look at this list of pros and cons.
- You’ll have more room for your stuff. Custom closet designers can work some serious magic. Know how you thought you’d never fit all of your shoes and dresses into that tiny closet? These designers can make it happen, and make it look good at the same time.
- It looks amazing. From custom wood to drawer pulls that you choose yourself, your custom closet will look every bit as amazing as you have been imagining.
- They add home value. If you are looking for Longmont movers or movers in Greeley, CO (or anywhere really), adding a custom closet to a home will raise the value of the home. If you plan to sell in the future, this is a good investment.
- These closets will make use of all the space that you have available. Even inch will be measured, and every bit of your closet will be used for your new custom space.
- They are quick to install. Closet installation experts can easily put up your custom closet in half a day, so there’s no hassle for you involved in this process.
- The price: Custom closets can easily cost thousands of dollars. Be prepared to spend a lot of money on that closet if you’re going to go the custom route.
- These closets are designed for the things that you have right now, but you may not be able to expand your wardrobe or cut back on certain things. If you move in the future or just change up the way that you dress, you’re stuck with your custom closet. You can expand or change the closet, but keep in mind this will undoubtedly cost extra.
- You may start adding more stuff than you need to your closet space. Now that you have all those drawers and shelves, you may feel like buying a lot of things to fill up the area. This could mean that you will become a pack rat, and you may find your new closet overflowing in no time.
If you don’t have the time or patience to create a custom solution yourself, you may want to call those custom closet designers. Otherwise, there are various solutions available from companies like Ikea, Home Depot, and The Container Store. The best way to figure out if you can do this yourself is to add up the costs of buying custom closet options from one of these stores, the time it takes you to install that option, and whether or not you actually have the time. Then, compare that to a custom closet price (usually around $3000).
You may find that you can greatly benefit from the custom option, or that an Ikea option is more than adequate. While we can’t help you build a custom closet, we can help you when it comes to moving to your new home. Exodus Moving and Storage is a full service moving company that can help you pack, move, and unpack. With movers in Longmont, CO, and all over the Denver and Fort Collins area (we even have movers in Greeley, CO), our team is here to help you make that move a smooth one. Whether you are moving in Colorado or moving across the world, we can help. Call our Longmont movers today for a completely free estimate.
Do you have a custom closet? Was it worth it or not? Let us know what you did or didn’t like about your closet experience by heading over to Facebook. We’d love to chat with you there!