7 Helpful Spring Cleaning Tips
As the days start to get longer, we’re all quickly reminded of those not so clean spots in our homes that need some attention. Spring invites cleaning, and there are many ways to clean your home to prepare for the season ahead. Sometimes, though, the best spring cleaning tips are the simplest. Why? Because we often forget to clean these really basic areas! Here are some helpful spring cleaning tips that will force you to focus on those everyday spots that could use some extra cleaning care.
- Curtains: When was the last time that you took down your curtains, threw them in the washing machine, and gave them a good once over? You’d be surprised at how much cleaner a room can look just by washing the window treatments! It only takes a few minutes to take down some curtains to wash them, but the differen that you see will be dramatic. Unless the tag on the curtains says otherwise, you can usually wash any pair in the washing machine–but you may want to line dry them just so they don’t shrink.
- The many things in your kitchen. Winter kitchens are home to many different baked goods and warm soups and breads, but all of that cozy cooking can lead to quite a big mess. Go through your kitchen cabinets to get rid of spices, old dried goods, and items that you no longer use.
- Your windows: are your windows getting hard to look through? If your windows unsnap, take them out and clean them thoroughly before putting them back in place. If you can’t clean your windows easily, hire someone to clean them from the outside. This way, you can let in all of that spring and summer light!
- Dust behind and on top of things: Grab a dusting cloth, and set to work on top of cabinets, on baseboards, on molding, and on top of door frames and underneath things. Open doors and dust behind them, dust under door stoppers, dust under beds, and think about the place that you can’t see. A good dusting will do wonders.
- Change and wash bedding: If you haven’t changed the comforters on your beds this winter, now is a good time to bring those items to your dry cleaner. Once they’ve returned, pack them away for next winter, and take out the lighter and brighter spring options.
- Rugs and furniture: Vacuum attachments can make vacuuming rugs and furniture simpler, but if you can’t get out all of those winter stains, you may want to rent a hot water vacuum, so that you can really deep clean the rugs.
- Heaters: Do you have old hot water heaters? The coils in these heaters can trap a ton of dust and other allergens, but you can get between those coils with a rag or with another long and thin cleaning tool.
When to Hire Help
Spring cleaning should be fun, but if you just don’t have the time to clean, you may want to hire a professional cleaning crew to come in and give your house a thorough spring cleaning. You may also want to go this route if you’re moving to Denver, and you won’t have time to clean up your old place or prepare your new home before you move. Exodus can take care of your move, packing, scheduling, and everything else that’s part of the actual moving process, and you may want to hire someone to clean up before you move too.
As far as getting to your new place goes, call your Fort Collins movers to help you out. Exodus has been moving people all over the world for many years now, and we’ll be happy to assign you your own moving specialist to assist with every aspect of your move from start to finish. Simply let us know what you need, and we can help out. Whether you’re moving to Fort Collins or anywhere else, Exodus can get you there! Call us today to get a free estimate.
What are your amazing spring cleaning tips? Let us know by leaving us a note on our Facebook page. We’d love to hear what you do to prepare for spring.
Trackback from your site.