13 Reasons You Should Move to Denver
Aside from the fact that it’s gorgeous, there are tons of great reasons why you should consider Denver if you’re thinking about moving. Take a look!
1. An outdoor paradise. Denver is the epitome of outdoor life. Really! No matter what you like to do outside, you can do it in Denver. Mountain biking, hiking, climbing, skiing, snowboarding, plenty of water sports – you name it, it’s here! Even if you weren’t active before moving to Denver, you will be once you get here!
2. Green chili. That’s right, Denver natives like their chili green. Why? The chilies around Denver come from New Mexico, and those chilies happen to be green in color – you won’t find any red chili around here!
3. Rodeos, cowboys, bulls, and move. If you happen to arrive during the month of January, you’ll have to hop in your car and drive a bit north to the National Western Stock Show. This show consists of a full-blown rodeo, cattle for sale, and a really great way to become immersed in Denver culture.
4. So many craft beers! Denver is well known for brewing up some of the nation’s top craft beers. If you love a good local beer, Denver is sure to have something that you’ve never tried before. In fact, it’s kind of hard to try them all (but that can be one of your new goals!).
5. Sunshine! Here’s a fact that’s not widespread: Denver has more sunshine than any other major city in the U.S. That’s right! Denver might be cold during the winter months, but it’s absolutely brimming with sunshine. If you love the light, Denver is just right!
6. Rocky Mountain National Park. This park is just amazing. There’s really no other word for it other than ‘amazing!’ Rocky Mountain Natural Park is where you want to go to ride your bike, disconnect, hike, and leave any type of electronic device far behind. Just breathe in the fresh air and enjoy the beautiful surroundings!
7. The evil blue horse. If you are flying into Denver, the first thing that you’re likely to see is what some natives call the ‘evil blue horse.’ This bucking horse statue stands reared up on its hind legs, has glowing red eyes, and looks like it’s ready to pounce. But, that’s just Denver’s way of saying ‘hello!’
8. Breakfast burritos. If you plan to work in a downtown office, you can bet that you’ll run into a breakfast burrito salesman at some point. Why? Because these sales guys hit up all of the major office downtown every morning selling breakfast burritos. If you love burritos, there’s really no better place to be.
9. Public parks galore. Did I mention just how much of Denver happens outside? This city is brimming with parks of all kinds – from dog to skate, there’s a park that’s tailor made just for you.
10. A music scene all its own. Denver’s indie music scene is bursting with local color. Plus, this city is home to some really great festivals that happen mostly during the summer months. All you have to do is walk outside to hear something totally unique.
11. Arts galore. Just like the music scene, the Denver independent art scene is alive and well. Whether you want to sell your stuff or just check out what local artists are doing, Denver is the perfect city for art of any kind.
12. Nightlife. The thing about most cities that’s entirely frustrating is that downtown businesses tend to close around 6pm. This isn’t the case in Denver where businesses flourish well into the nighttime hours. If you’re a night owl, you’ll love this town.
13. A much slower pace. Denver life moves at a slower pace. If you’re coming from a city in the East and are used to stress and more stress, Denver will prove to be a little slice of slow heaven for you. Denver natives work to enjoy life, and it rarely happens the other way around. Slow down, take a load off, and get used to life at a calmer rate!
Ready to move to Denver? We thought so! For a Denver moving company that’s here to help, make sure to contact Exodus Moving and Storage. We can help make your move to Denver a smooth one, so that you can sit back and enjoy the sunshine, or the evil horse, or downtown nightlife, or a burrito, or – well, you get the point! Give us a call today, and we’ll book your move to America’s best city!
Trackback from your site.