Your dear friends have just moved with the help of Boulder movers, and are working on getting settled in to their new home. Next up: the housewarming party. Sure, you could get them a Tupperware set or some kind of cute “Welcome Home” sign to hang on their door, but chances are they already have enough of that. If you have to employ a residential moving company to get your stuff to your new house, you probably have all of the typical household items given at housewarming parties.
If you’re looking to get your friends something incredibly thoughtful and unique, something no one else will get them, here’s a fun list.
- Make a terrarium. Terrariums are all the rage – glass containers housing a mini indoor garden – and they’re simple to make. Google it to get ideas, and then make them a unique, one-of-a-kind gift you’ve taken the time to design just for them. The best part: every time they go to water it, it will remind them of you!
- Jar up a meal. Forget the sugary treats-in-a-jar, where all the ingredients are in there layered attractively so that they can enjoy your family’s sugar cookie recipe, for example. What they really want is a home cooked meal without the fuss (or the measuring cups, because they’ve been packed by the Fort Collins moving company!). A popular choice here is pasta and soup, where everything you need is all in the jar with instructions on how to heat it up. All they need to do is dump it in the pot and cook it. Just as convenient as take-out without the expense. If you can’t find something you like, you can always provide something they can freeze, like lasagna or another casserole-type dish. Trust me when we say your gift will be their favorite gift!
- Cake. But not the type you eat. Think diaper cake, but no diapers. You can do a household essentials cake, with a basket of cleaning supplies at the bottom, toilet paper in the middle, and paper towels topping it off, wrap it all up in cellophane, and tie a bow on it. More like gift baskets than cake.
- Grocery gift card. Just like the jarred meal, it’s exactly what they want. You know their pantry needs stocking, and this is the perfect way to help them.
- Throw blanket. This is always a winner – everyone could use more blankets! Consider their décor and tastes when choosing the right throw to suit them so it doesn’t end up forever banished to a closet.
- Personalized anything. Whether a simple sign for inside their house, a welcome sign outside with their name on it, or a personalized doormat, you can’t go wrong. The best part is you can personalize just about anything these days, even cutting boards and wine casks! This opens up the door to choosing something that is uniquely them.
- QR Code for their Wi-Fi password. You know everyone is going to ask them for it, so make things super simple for them and provide a framed QR code guests can scan to log in to their wifi network. Genius! Just head to QRStuff.com, select “plain text,” and enter the password. After choosing a color to print it in, the website will automatically generate a QR code. Voila! Test it with your devices to make sure it works, and then print it out and frame it. Simple, and very unique (your friends will love it!).
- A strange kitchen item no one would buy for themselves. Did you know they make a kitchen tool that you stick in the center of a cake, and it marks the lines to cut perfect slices? Your friends probably don’t have one, nor would they buy one – but you could! Housewarming parties are the perfect place to give these I-didn’t-realize-I-needed-it gifts. Other great items include a spaghetti measure, a plate designed for serving pancakes, novelty cutting boards, and magnetic bottle openers.
- USB charging outlet. Why take up valuable outlet real estate? Purchase them a couple of wall outlets that feature a built in USB charging port right next to the outlets.
- Personalized commemorative ornament. Commemorate this moment in time with an “Our New House” ornament. You can find many online that are as simple as that saying with the year, or add their last name. Find one that suits them so that they can be reminded of this moment every time they decorate the Christmas tree.
Forget the kitchen towel set. Get them something unique they’ll cherish for years to come, long after the Boulder movers have gone. Contact us today if you need Boulder movers!