Are you moving to Fort Collins, Colorado? You’re in luck! This town is bursting with lots of amazing things to do and see. Trust us, you’ll never get bored here! Take a look at our top ten things to do when you move to Fort Collins.
1. Nature galore! Colorado is a nature lover’s paradise. No matter where you turn, you’ll see all kinds of things that make you stop and really wonder at the beauty of nature. For serious cyclists, there are path for miles that wind around mountains and by streams. Hikers will love all of the rock formations that we have here, and rafters can sign up for a tour of the ‘The Poudre River,’ which is right near Fort Collins. Whatever your passionate about when it comes to nature, we have it here!
2. CSU! Even if you aren’t moving to Fort Collins in order to attend university, Colorado State University’s campus is amazing to walk around. If you have some time to spare, visit the campus and take stroll. You’ll see lots of great things (and get to enjoy a slice of college life!).
3. Anheuser-Busch Brewery tour. Why wouldn’t you want to see this brewery? Take the tour, sip some brew, and get a taste of what laid-back Colorado life is like.
4. Check out Fort Collins’ ‘Old Town.’ This historic part of town is decked out from top to bottom in cobblestone streets, homes from years past, and plenty of shops and cafes to stop and have a bite to eat – Old Town was even the inspiration behind Walt Disney’s ‘Main Street!’ The older part of town is the ideal place to meet up with friends, too.
5. New Belgium Brewery tour. Wait; there are two major breweries in one town? You bet! We’re major supporters of local business here, so this town is perfect if you want to open up your own shop. The New Belgium Brewery is sustainable and makes a really great brew – anyone up for a tasting?
6. Frisbee Golf. What the heck is Frisbee golf? It’s a sport that originated on the CSU campus. Now, the sport has spread out to Eudora Park, and that’s where you’ll want to go if you’re interested in learning more about what happens when Frisbee and golf collide…
7. College Avenue. What’s so important about an avenue? Well, this one happens to be really big – four lanes big. You can even park your car in the middle of this avenue (or on either side). Plus, College Avenue is lined with great little shops and spots. Make a day of it and spend some time strolling along the avenue to get a feel for what life is really like in Fort Collins.
8. Snowshoe. Winter does come in Colorado, but we also get sunshine almost all the time during the winter months. That means that you can get outside and enjoy any winter sport while also getting a healthy winter tan. If you haven’t tried snowshoeing, give it a whirl. Snowshoeing is one of the most popular ways to get around Fort Collins (or maybe just a park or two) during the winter months.
9. Hop on a tour bus, or drive to Rocky Mountain National Park. Do you ever wish that you could close your laptop cover, stuff your phone in a drawer, and head somewhere that makes it possible to completely disappear into nature? Experience mountains that seem to touch the sky, the stunning colors of nature, and the breathlessness of fresh mountain air by checking out Rocky Mountain National Park (about a one hour drive from Fort Collins).
10. Slow down and enjoy life. One of the best things about Fort Collins is the pace at which life moves here. If you’re coming to this town from a fast-paced city, you’ll see right away that we take life at a different speed. Fort Collins is where you want to live if you want to really get the most out of life. Slow down, take it easy, and enjoy the beauty of Colorado!
Fort Collins Moving Companies
Can you tell that we love this town? We want you to love it too! At Exodus Moving and Storage, we will take all of the stress out of moving here, so that you can enjoy everything listed above. We offer full-service storage and moving solutions for moves of any size (corporate or individual). Just give us a call, and we’ll schedule your move today.